Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

IsraelNationalNews.com - Suicide Bombing at Turkey's Ataturk Airport

SemperFi Skins

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/214229#.V3LZVDZdGUl

ISTANBUL, June 28 (Reuters) - Two explosions hit Istanbul's main international airport on Tuesday, wounding several people, a Turkish official said, in what appeared to be the latest in a string of attacks in Turkey's biggest city this year.

The blasts hit Istanbul Ataturk, Turkey's largest airport and a major transport hub for international travelers. Witnesses also reported hearing gunshots.

The official said there had been two blasts and multiple injuries, without giving further details. Pictures posted on social media from the site showed wounded people lying on the ground inside and outside one of the terminal buildings.

Broadcaster CNN Turk said Turkish officials suspected that suicide bombers were behind the attack but there was no official confirmation of this.

UPDATE:

ISTANBUL, June 28 (Reuters) - Ten people were killed in an attack on Istanbul's main international airport on Tuesday, Turkey's justice minister was quoted as saying by broadcaster NTV.

An attacker opened fire with a Kalashnikov rifle at the airport, NTV quoted Bekir Bozdag as saying. A Turkish official and witnesses said there were two attackers, who blew themselves up after opening fire.

Ugh. This hits close to home. I've got a little brother deployed to an air base in Turkey, supporting the efforts of bombing the **** out of these goat molesting ISIS assholes.

They're thankfully confined to the base, but he's still gotta fly home in a few months.

I wonder how much this has to do with Syria. Turkey's been handling the lionshare of the refugees. Some might not like that.

Sad to read about these things. I'm still of the mind that they should be called homicide vests and not suicide vests. 

Thought I posted in here. Just think if Turkey were to take a lead in the fight against ISIS. That could be what is needed here. Western nations can't lead this battle. It'll only create more of them.

Erdogan has been busy fighting Kurds. Maybe this will shift his focus, maybe not. But Turkey's economy has taken a huge hit from decline in tourism from terror threats and Russia blocking tourism.

He already gave into Russia. He may finally decide to stop bombing the wrong people. Turks really don't like Kurds though and Erdogan is basically the Trump of Turkey, a thin skinned prick ramping up nationalism.

Archived