Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2016-17 Washington Capitals Thread - Thanks for Everything, Ovi. It's Time to Move on.. #Firesale

DC9

Just now, Springfield said:

I don't get what you're saying.  I just backed it up.

You didn't.

You said Ovechkin needs to step up.

He's got 3 goals, which is tied for the team lead.

Just don't say dumb ****, dude.

6 minutes ago, Springfield said:

I don't get what you're saying.  I just backed it up.

In your original post you said Ovi hasn't been a factor in this series. The response is Ovi has 3 goals in this series. You said Ovi went down and you weren't worried. 

What you said originally and what you said afterwards (your backup) are two different statements. Apples and oranges I guess.  I think that is where the backup on your part is failing. In another words you just discredited Ovi's 3 goals like they really didn't matter. Just my 2 cents. 

2 minutes ago, DC9 said:

You didn't.

You said Ovechkin needs to step up.

He's got 3 goals, which is tied for the team lead.

Just don't say dumb ****, dude.

Normally you aren't a dick, so I'll just chalk it up to you being hyped up after a big win.  Perhaps drunk.  Who knows, but you're normally cool.

I didn't say Ovechkin needed to step up.  I said he hasn't been a huge factor.  But it didn't matter because the rest of the team was playing so well.  Not a huge knock on Ovechkin, and more of a boast of the team surrounding him.

I'll get in on this "Ovi isn't doing his part" nonsense and add my two cents...

8 took a dirty shot walked it off came in and layed ****ing wood. Then when asked about the hit he short responded with "I'm not worried about it". He has 3 goals and has been a factor every time he's on the ice.

17 minutes ago, Redskin4ever said:

I'll add this. I thought this was the worst game the Caps have played all series...and they won.

It was interesting, from the 1st minute of the game it looked like the caps had a different game plan for this game where they were going to slow down and try to get Toronto to slow down too. And it worked for the first period, but then Toronto said **** it and tried to use their speed again and had some good chances to get some goals. Gotta hand it to holtby and the defense for holding on

2 minutes ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

Shove this up his beak nosed ass Sunday 

Ted should pay for that staff to come with them up north and then get them as close to Bab**** as possible.  Then if/when we win, have them hold up signs making fun of him.

40 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Normally you aren't a dick, so I'll just chalk it up to you being hyped up after a big win.  Perhaps drunk.  Who knows, but you're normally cool.

I didn't say Ovechkin needed to step up.  I said he hasn't been a huge factor.  But it didn't matter because the rest of the team was playing so well.  Not a huge knock on Ovechkin, and more of a boast of the team surrounding him.

Respectfully :) I think you are undervaluing Ovechkin a bit in this series. He is hitting people, he's blocking shots, and scoring goals.  

6 minutes ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:
Shove this up his beak nosed ass Sunday 

Fine line between trying to show your team confidence and giving bulletin board material. I'm kinda surprised he did that. 

4 minutes ago, Hersh said:

Respectfully :) I think you are undervaluing Ovechkin a bit in this series. He is hitting people, he's blocking shots, and scoring goals.  

When I went back and re-read it, I probably could have worded it a little differently.  I think Ovechkin is playing well.  I think that this series has seen excellent play by other players than Ovechkin.  Oshie in particular has been great.  Wilson has been awesome.  Kuznetsov has looked silky smooth.  These are stark changes from last season, and really most from the Ovechkin era, where Ovechkin has been relied upon to carry the team with little help from 2nd and 3rd lines.  I'm quite happy with how the team is playing as a whole and perhaps, that's why I feel that Ovechkin hasn't had the impact that I'm used to.  Many players are having an impact.  It feels different this postseason.

Anyhow.  I need to sleep.  Not trying to ruffle any more feathers.

Looking forward to Sunday.

2 hours ago, Springfield said:

I'm most assuredly not drunk,  brother.  I'm not trying to be a dick.  But now you're being semantical (if that's a word?).  By saying he isn't a huge factor wouldn't you be implying that he needs to step up?

I just don't understand why folks need to nit pick a huge win and an outstanding performance like that by saying stuff that isn't true.

5 hours ago, DC9 said:

I'm most assuredly not drunk,  brother.  I'm not trying to be a dick.  But now you're being semantical (if that's a word?).  By saying he isn't a huge factor wouldn't you be implying that he needs to step up?

I just don't understand why folks need to nit pick a huge win and an outstanding performance like that by saying stuff that isn't true.

I'm not trying to nit pick anything.  I was just making an observation.  I don't need Ovechkin to step up, he's doing fine.  You and I both know, that if we were down in this series 3-1, the first thing people would be ragging on is Ovechkin.  We aren't, and to me it's because of the supporting cast.  That's the difference maker.  Not that Ovechkin is bad, cause he's isn't.  I'm not the type that's going to go out of my way to try and put this or that player down.

Also, I'm happy about this win and I'm hoping they bring this type of play right back to Toronto because it seems like they've finally figured out this team.  That said, it's the first round and if we are expecting a deep playoff run (that's my goal) then this is just another close game along the way.

As someone at the game I Thought they failed to convert a lot of chances. They had 4 shots in the second period! They were out shot, and had a late flurry in the 3rd but still couldn't score on Andersen. Very lucky to win that game as quickly as they did in OT. 

Happy they won but they need to open up the floodgates Sunday and score all over. No overtime. No close games. Dominate from start to finish. No periods off. 

13 hours ago, Rex Tomb said:

Is it just me, or are the people who stick around to watch the intermission live and postgame commentary annoying as hell... get a life people, act like you've been out in public once in a while.

The first thing to do after they score in OT or the game ends...is just to go home. No point staying there. Need to catch the train out. 

You won't see me ever on Postgame commentary because I'm already on my way the **** down the Metro station

Archived