Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2016 Baltimore Orioles Thread - I would post something witty, but sports suck

MattFancy

How in God's name is Chen worth $80 million for 5 years?

Baseball players are so grossly overpaid it's ridiculous.

I like Chen but he isn't that good.

Career highs in ERA and K/9, matched with a very good whip at 1.22. And like any free agency market, you have to overpay. Not completely shocked at those dollars

How in God's name is Chen worth $80 million for 5 years?

Baseball players are so grossly overpaid it's ridiculous.

I like Chen but he isn't that good.

I think he'll do better in the NL.  Granted, he's playing on the Marlins but I think he can win 15-16 games with a 3.30 ERA.  

Orioles will have six of the first 90 picks this June. There's that.

Ugh, no one sucks harder at drafting and developing than the Orioles.  It's terrible how bad they've been.

That's how you know how good Manny Machado is.  Not even the Orioles could **** him up.  

Been doing some reading about the Davis situation.  Camden Chat article thinks we should move on from him.  I disagree.  I would make sure that he knows the offer is still there.  I would still go about business as usual and continue to make moves.  The author seemed to think that the situation would make the O's sit around waiting for Davis. 

If I was DD, I would still sign Cespedes as it really has no bearing on the Davis situation.  YC would be starting in LF. I would continue to build the team with the attitude that if Chris signs, great.  If not, we've been moving on without him.  Davis could be at 1B.  Trumbo DH. Dariel Alvarez or Kim in RF, Cespedes in LF. 

My only concern still, is we haven't found a true leadoff batter. What I wouldn't give for a speed guy at the top of the lineup. Manny needs to move down to the #2 spot.  If we go into the season with Manny as leadoff again, that would suck.  Not that he's bad at it, but it's not what his bat is for.

And no to Upton and Kendrick. At some point, we have to start drafting guys and developing them.  Keep all the picks.

Or LHP (starting anyway).

But what about your boy big bad hank!? :) He's a lefty. I believe that korean we signed is too.

True, I forgot about the Korean guy. lol.

Urritia puts on weight every year and still has no pop.

Maybe they might get one of the LH bats from the Rockies outfield surplus.

True, I forgot about the Korean guy. lol.

Urritia puts on weight every year and still has no pop.

Maybe they might get one of the LH bats from the Rockies outfield surplus.

hank can hit it to the SS with the best of 'em!

I feel bad for him. I want to like him. I also feel like he's the victim of a logjam of players in front of him.

http://touch.baltimoresun.com/#section/-1/article/p2p-85595471/

The Orioles agreed to one-year contracts for 2016 with star third baseman Manny Machado, top starter Chris Tillman, and infielder Ryan Flaherty ahead of Friday’s exchange of salary arbitration figures, according to industry sources......Machado, who earned just $485,000 in 2015, when he made his second All-Star appearance and hit .286/.359/.502 with a career-high 35 home runs, agreed to a one-year deal worth $5 million with performance incentives, according to a source.....

Tillman, who made 31 starts and threw 173 innings with a 4.99 ERA after three straight seasons with a sub-four ERA, agreed to a $6.225 million salary that includes awards and incentives, according to an industry source....

Flaherty, the team’s longtime utility infielder, hit .202 with a .637 OPS and nine home runs in 2015. He and the Orioles agreed to a $1.5 million deal for 2016, a raise from $1.075 million last season.

Archived