Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Time for 2016 Democrats to Answer

Wrong Direction

There really has been a pretty stark difference lately. 

TO: Interested Parties
RE: Time for 2016 Democrats to Answer

A review of news coverage from the last week using the TVEyes media monitoring database reveals that the controversies surrounding the Clinton Foundation’s foreign donations, Debbie Wasserman Schultz’s plot to paint President Obama as anti-Semitic and anti-woman, and Vice President Biden’s Somali cab driver gaffe have generated just over 1,300 TV and radio hits combined.

Remarks made by Rudy Giuliani tallied over 8,600 hits Monday afternoon, and that number is still growing.

et while the media forced potential Republican presidential candidates to weigh in on that story, they did not do the same for potential Democrat candidates when it came to any of their party’s controversies of the week.

These aren’t throw away Democrat scandals either. Politico reported that the head of the DNC, the leader of the Democrat Party’s campaign apparatus, lined up her allies to accuse President Obama of being anti-Semitic, and anti-woman if he decided to replace her.

Likewise, when it was revealed that Wasserman Schultz tried to sell her support for marijuana legalization in order to silence critics, prominent Democrats weren’t bombarded with questions. And remember: this is the chair of the party and a sitting Congresswoman.

And, of course, nowhere in the frenzy of the past few days has there any mention of the first person to question President Obama’s roots or patriotism: Hillary Clinton, the party’s 2016 nominee-in-waiting.  In the 2008 primary campaign, she wouldn’t take a stand on the president’s religion. Her campaign sought to highlight his “lack of American roots” (their phrase).

Yet another example: Columba Bush was dragged into the media spotlight this week with a hit piece from the Washington Post, which consisted of old news from years past. Yet there was hardly a single headline over Bill Clinton’s travels with Jeffrey Epstein, something we learned about only recently.  Where are the articles on Clinton’s spending habits?

There’s a pattern here, and it’s time to treat the parties equally. I look forward to Hillary Clinton and other potential 2016 Democrat contenders to have to answer for the actions of their fellow Democrats. (Then of course, Hillary hasn’t held a press conference or done an interview in over 200 days, and her “spokesman” responds to every question with the same answer: “No comment.")

This should be the easiest win on record for the Democrats. All they have to do is support an Arab coalition against ISIS without putting a heavy troop total on the ground, let the economy continue to grow, not mention gun control, and just wait for the GOP to put their foot in their mouth about any non-important topic (sex education, abortion, women, sex, abortion, etc)

What Democrats. Any candidate running for the democratic nomination is either just pushing an issue and auditioning to be Hillary's Veep.  Frankly, the Democratic race will be over probably by the end of March 2016; when Hillary will have enough votes that no challenger would be able to overcome her delegate count.

The Republicans could be the ones that have 2 or 3 candidates battling out all primary season.

Press will be going after every non- Democratic candidate to make sure all the stuff gets out there but they will not give that same attention to Hillary.

Frankly, I think at this moment that Hillary could be looking at Papa Bush's numbers.

I don't think any of the Republicans will appeal to the majority that decides presidential elections.

The only one i could see giving Clinton a problem with the nomination would be Elizabeth Warren.

Outside of them i can't think of a single democrat with the charisma or clout it would take.

While i tend to disagree with the Republican party we have been subjected to lately, they have names that would at least energize the base.

Who is there on the D side that could run a primary against Clinton and give her a fight?

~Bang

What Democrats. Any candidate running for the democratic nomination is either just pushing an issue and auditioning to be Hillary's Veep.  Frankly, the Democratic race will be over probably by the end of March 2016; when Hillary will have enough votes that no challenger would be able to overcome her delegate count.

The Republicans could be the ones that have 2 or 3 candidates battling out all primary season.

Press will be going after every non- Democratic candidate to make sure all the stuff gets out there but they will not give that same attention to Hillary.

Frankly, I think at this moment that Hillary could be looking at Papa Bush's numbers.

I don't think any of the Republicans will appeal to the majority that decides presidential elections.

It ain't gonna be Hillary. The Dems will float her out there and sacrifice her. They'll let her get eaten up by the GOP and they'll put in Warren at the last minute. She'll campaign on economic reform and the 1% paying their fair share.

It ain't gonna be Hillary. The Dems will float her out there and sacrifice her. They'll let her get eaten up by the GOP and they'll put in Warren at the last minute. She'll campaign on economic reform and the 1% paying their fair share.

If Warren runs, she will beat Hillary straight up.  I don't think she would win the Presidency though; I don't think the nation would vote for a second untested president in a row.

There's no way they can install a candidate at the last moment in the Democratic race.  I assume you are implying Warren jumps in near the end of the primaries or gets the nomination at the July 2016 convention.

Honestly no one excites me about becoming president. I just want a president who knows Washington and how to get stuff done. I would love a president that could bring the country together, but I think we are now far to polarized to do that. I get that we will always have factions, but things just seem far more splintered now than ever before. The one thing this administration has done is put a huge emphasis on minority issues and push a lot of social change. I think we need to move away from social issues and more about building the foundations of this country.

Rather than blaming the liberal media, why doesn't the GOP keep consistent with how they want to treat minorities (or even better, with their "message") when speaking both publicly and privately?

Surely, that consistency problem is something that has always existed in both parties - but I suspect in the day of instant media (like Facebook, Twitter, etc.) it can't be THAT hard for the GOP to figure out that if publicly you portray one message and then privately (on Facebook, Twitter, or a private luncheon for 60 or so donors, etc.) you portray another - that it will be a problem.

You know, the Dems COULD take this same advice. If they spend the next year just focusing on their ideas (the few that they have....but still more than the GOP), then either the GOP would sound like the "get off my lawn" crowd, or maybe...just maybe....a few items would come from them also.

Not saying the Dems in the minority should ignore the GOP. But if they weren't all over the place, they could present something once a month and then try to get it rolling in Congress. Yeah, it would fail every single time. But they would be voting for something and not against something. Just keep talking about it. Kind of like the dozens of attempts to repeal the ACA. Except focus on the positives. Let the other guys be the doubters. 

Imagine if they introduced bills for stuff that had no chance but would be insanely popular with voters. Term limits, pay cuts for themselves, more transparency. 

Nah....they are part of the problem too. Nevermind.

If Warren runs, she will beat Hillary straight up. I don't think she would win the Presidency though; I don't think the nation would vote for a second untested president in a row.

There's no way they can install a candidate at the last moment in the Democratic race. I assume you are implying Warren jumps in near the end of the primaries or gets the nomination at the July 2016 convention.

Hillary is untested and is going to be a major part of what will be a bad presidency.

Warren will have the young people up in a lather about college debt and the 1%. It's an easy win for her and the Dems.

Hillary scares the living **** out of me. We need the liberal base to be the voice of reason in terms of foreign policy and domestic policing. I get the impression Hilary would double down on all the idiotic Bush era strategies and methods Obama continued with.

Lmao, it will be eight years of liberal focused foreign policy at the end of this. The last thing this country needs is liberals in charge of foregin policy.

who doesn't have 1/128 of an ounce of foreign policy experience.

HILLARY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And Hillary is an utter failure at foreign policy. A failed SecState in an abortion of an administration in terms of foreign policy.

Honestly no one excites me about becoming president. I just want a president who knows Washington and how to get stuff done. I would love a president that could bring the country together, but I think we are now far to polarized to do that. I get that we will always have factions, but things just seem far more splintered now than ever before. The one thing this administration has done is put a huge emphasis on minority issues and push a lot of social change. I think we need to move away from social issues and more about building the foundations of this country.

OBAMA could have done that but the presidency changes everything. Congress plays a big role and you have about 535 idiots there

Lmao, it will be eight years of liberal focused foreign policy at the end of this. The last thing this country needs is liberals in charge of foregin policy.

There has been nothing liberal or progressive about Obama's foreign policy or his domestic record on privacy.

Substituting soldiers with drones... yawn.

The last thing this country needs is the foreign policy employed by both Bush and Obama. It's not a liberal or conservative problem. It's a problem of understanding the culture in the Middle East and South Asia.

Why are people bashig Obama on foreign policy? He didn't get U.S. into any wars and authorized killing of some terrorists. Does anybody think we could have done something to prevent Russia from causing trouble? Any possibility of a better outcome in Syria? Let's drop the delusional optimism - he kept us out of big messes and frankly that's quite an accomplishment.

i think Obama failed domestically much more than in foreign policy. He gets a lot of credit for the healthcare reform, but he is way too close to wall st and he did very little to change the dynamic and the trajectory of the country. Most importantly, he played the game of money in politics rather than change it. A safe bet on his part to be sure, but not good enough.

I totally disagree.   Hillary would destroy Warren, and Warren knows it.

Yeah. It'll take something truly remarkable to keep Hillary from winning the nomination. And it won't be Warren. No one is going to come even close to Hillary on money. She's going to be raising money hand over fist the minute she announces.

If Warren runs, hopefully it will have the effect of moving Hillary to the left. Although I really don't expect that to be necessary for Hillary to win either the nomination or the White House.

Archived