Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official "DC" Thread (Movies,Comics etc)

BRAVEONAWARPATH

This poster for the new Supergirl tv show on CBS is pretty awesome looking.

I watched the 3-5min preview trailer thing. Didn't speak to me. That's cool though, I hope it does well for the sake of DC figuring out how to bring characters to the screen in a better way.

• 3 weeks later...

Click to read the rest

http://www.theguardian.com/film/2015/jul/01/suicide-squad-stars-have-on-set-therapist

'Tormented' Suicide Squad stars have on-set therapist

The high-profile cast of pioneering supervillain movie Suicide Squad have been given access to an on-set therapist to help them cope with the “torment” of their grim roles, according to one of the film’s main players.

David Ayer’s film stars Will Smith, Jared Leto, Margot Robbie, Joel Kinnaman, Viola Davis and Cara Delevingne as an assortment of DC Comics baddies sent on an impossible black-ops mission in return for the commutation of their sentences. Adam Beach, who plays Slipknot, told E! Online the film was so dark that Ayer had provided access to therapy during cast members’ down time.

“David Ayer is about realism,” said Beach. “So if your character is tormented, he wants you to torment yourself. He wants the real thing.”

The actor revealed the therapist was more of a “life coach” than a traditional psychotherapist, adding: “Us actors explore very fine thin lines going to the dark side and he wants to make sure we finish a movie and don’t disappear somewhere and then don’t show up for work.”

The dark tone of the project has clearly been embraced by the cast. It was recently revealed that Oscar-winner Leto sent a letter and video to fellow stars apologising for not joining them for early rehearsals. The actor, who plays the Joker in Suicide Squad, accompanied his missive with a live rat for Robbie (his on-screen partner as Harley Quinn), some bullets for Smith and a dead pig for the entire cast.

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH

oops wrong comic company thread

Geez, I thought you were about to acknowledge that you were hired as the Suicide Squad's shrink. :silly:

How cool would that be? Not to mention... how sweet a paycheck!

Edit: Besides, if any one knows how to counsel and deal with tormented souls... it's someone who moderates a Redskins' board. Talk about a bleak and dark reality. The streets run with burgundy and almost no gold!

Edited by Burgold

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/07/05/cw-seeds-vixen-animated-series-voice-cast-revealed

CW SEED'S VIXEN ANIMATED SERIES VOICE CAST REVEALED

DC Comics' Vixen is getting her own animated series, and we finally know who will be providing her voice.

Megalyn Echikunwoke of The Following will lend her vocal talents to the magic-imbued heroine for a short six-episode series set to air on the CW's online platform CW Seed.

The Mary Sue reports the animated series will take place in the same universe as television's Arrow and The Flash, and Vixen will be accompanied by cameos of the  key characters from the live-action series, including Stephen Amell, Grant Gustin, Emily Bett Rickards, and Carlos Valdes.

Vixen - whose actual name is Mari McCabe - is a superhero whose powers are granted to her by the Tantu Totem she inherited from her parents. Using the Totem, Vixen is able to adopt the abilities of any animal, be it flight, super strength, speed, and others. The short animated series is expected to stream online sometime this summer

Gadot as Wonder Woman sucks imo but I don't really care about the character anyway.

Just disappointed that Gadot will be shoehorned into scenes where she doesn't sell being in the same league as the other characters on screen, the same way she is in the FF series

I will continue to state they made a huge mistake casting Gadot, and should've done everything they could to get Alexandra Daddario. 

San Diego Comic Con

Okay, today you've got plenty to look forward to DC fans. Enjoy.

Yeah much Suicide Squad stuff. New BvS trailer on the way. Heads up nerds! < Said with affection.

I hope people now understand what I was saying regarding BvS being a sequel to MoS and that being crucial to BvS. WB did a damn good job.

DC Universe intro video includes Ben Affleck, first glimpse of Suicide Squad #SDCC "There's a massive DC Universe ready to explode."

Empire Magazine

The #suicidesquad footage is dark, gritty, ominous - what you'd expect: but the looks of the characters get a great reaction here. #sdcc

Heroic Hollywood

Wonder Woman's first cinematic presence sent shivers...

'BATMAN V SUPERMAN' was delivered to us in full. 'SUICIDE SQUAD' footage turned out to be what was saved for the attendees. Best outcome.

Just watched the trailer. Man, I hope they get this right.

Looks dark.

Also looks like some of the Bruce Wayne stuff will take place during that fight at the end of Man of Steel? Does that mean we're just throwing out Dark Knight Rises?

Yes, none of those previous Batman movies count.

List of upcoming DC movies Suicide Squad,Wonder Woman Justice League 1 & 2 The Flash Aquaman Cyborg Green Lantern Corps Batman v Superman

http://www.mtv.com/news/2210836/green-lantern-corps-movie/

DC Officially Confirms ‘Green Lantern Corps’ Movie

Let those who worship evil’s might beware the power of Green Lantern’s light once again — at today’s San Diego Comic-Con Hall H panel, Warner Brothers and DC comics announced that a new film based on the Green Lantern is in the works.

Called “The Green Lantern Corps,” the movie is rumored to star Chris Pine as the lead, according to sources within Hall H who say the studio showed a quick image of him in a line-up of their upcoming film. Note that this doesn’t put Tyrese Gibson out of the running for fan favorite lantern John Stewart (no relation to the retiring “Daily Show” host), because if the title is any indication then this new film will delve deep into the Green Lantern lore from the comics — which means there’s plenty of room for everybody.

Why does Luthor have hair? Various prior incarnations of Luthor were clearly bald and it is part of his image. He doesn't have hair. Putting hair on Lex Luthor is just...you can't do that 

they did some things in MoS that hardcore nerds won't forgive them for, putting hair on Luthor seems mild

He could also lose his hair in the movie *shrugs shoulders*

DC comics created so many contradictions and multiverses over the years that they had to have major events to kind of reset everything, like the Crisis of Inifinte Earths.  And a lot of comic book artists have been praised for their variation of certain characters compared to others. 

I can already tell this movie is going to be close enough, and really just want to enjoy it, escape reality for 2-3hours.  A lot of these directors doing these movies are huge fans of the comics, but are artists in their own right.  If we don't give them some type of artisitic license, they aren't going to make these movies that we've been begging for for years.

Just my 2 cents.  Relax... : )

Edited by Renegade7
  • Like 1