Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Tears For Fears 30th anniversary show for "Songs from the big chair"

steveo21

That album had a couple/few of good tracks on it...enough to call it pretty good...for an 80's album.

Really only had a 2 year window of serious fame in the US. Duran Duran made more waves.

Those guys sold somewhere near 30M records. Not hating at all. I just don't think they really had the popularity to sustain in the US.

That album had a couple/few of good tracks on it...enough to call it pretty good...for an 80's album.

Really only had a 2 year window of serious fame in the US. Duran Duran made more waves.

Those guys sold somewhere near 30M records. Not hating at all. I just don't think they really had the popularity to sustain in the US.

Probably more like 5 years.  Sowing the Seeds of Love from the following album was a huge song, and that album did pretty well too. 

I wouldn't disagree that Duran Duran was bigger, but Duran Duran was bigger than the vast majority of 80s acts.

Duran Duran was probably the biggest of the bands that MTV broke.

Tears for Fears had a pretty amazing run for a "video" band with a fat lead singer. And Sowing the Seeds of Love was a pretty great single. (I also remember thier 92/93 album getting some play).

Tears for Fears had a pretty amazing run for a "video" band with a fat lead singer. And Sowing the Seeds of Love was a pretty great single. (I also remember thier 92/93 album getting some play).

Between Duran Duran, Def Leppard and INXS. But yeah, Tears for Fears was pretty relevant for most of the 80's. And the lead singer wasn't that fat. He wasn't exactly Christopher Cross.

I'm going with Wham.   Never had a girlfriend in the 80s that wouldn't have traded me in for a used Wham Cassette. 

LOL.....

Fat?! Good grief, man. I don't think either singer was ever fat.

Maybe you're thinking of level 42?

Probably more like 5 years.  Sowing the Seeds of Love from the following album was a huge song, and that album did pretty well too. 

I wouldn't disagree that Duran Duran was bigger, but Duran Duran was bigger than the vast majority of 80s acts.

I am going to have to look up Sowing the Seeds...never heard of it.

Shout, Head over Heels, and Everybody wants to rule the world... That is about it for me. I have two of those on my phone. Like I said I liked some of their stuff, but they dropped of quickly. No way it was 5 years in the US.

Wham was indeed huge. Women refused to believe George Michael was gay...it was obvious.

Same with Boy George, Really... you didn't know ?  Hmm... Culture Club was bigger than Tear for Fears also.

I am going to have to look up Sowing the Seeds...never heard of it.

Shout, Head over Heels, and Everybody wants to rule the world... That is about it for me. I have two of those on my phone. Like I said I liked some of there stuff, but they dropped of quickly. No way it was 5 years in the US.

Wham was indeed huge. Women refused to believe George Michael was gay...it was obvious.

Same with Boy George, Really... you didn't know ? Hmm... Culture Club was bigger than Tear for Fears also.

Culture Club was bigger for a shorter period of time. But Tears for Fears had a longer string of success. Same thing for Wham. They had a shorter life than Tears for Fears. Believe it or not, Tears for Fears spanded the entire 80's.

Archived