Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Maryland Terrapins Thread

BRAVEONAWARPATH

3 hours ago, KingGibbs said:

Did not see this coming and if someone says they did they are full of ****.

Didn't see what coming? The losses?

Look back a few pages, I was saying to cool your jets cause the second half B1G schedule was gonna be way tougher than the first half.

At least both the boys and girls got big lacrosse wins yesterday!

2 hours ago, Long n Left said:

Didn't see what coming? The losses?

Look back a few pages, I was saying to cool your jets cause the second half B1G schedule was gonna be way tougher than the first half.

At least both the boys and girls got big lacrosse wins yesterday!

Cooling our jets and watching what could be an epic collapse are two separate conversations. They're getting their asses handed to them right now. 

Kids sports, errands and the like caused me to miss the game.  Checked the box score and about fell over.  Losing by 14 to Iowa on your own court is really, really bad.  I knew the second half of the B1G schedule was tougher and assumed the youngins would hit a wall at some point, but never to the extent they have. 

I blame Sheehan as ever since he was blowing Turgeon and taking on anyone that considered the team overrated about 3 weeks ago they have been abysmal.

• Like 1

Terps - 11 of 24 on 3s (32.4%)

Hawks - 16/26 on 3s (61.4%)

----------------------------------

Terps 7-27 on 3s (25.9%)

Minny 8-22 (36.4%)

If this team doesnt hit the 3s, it doesnt seem like we have an option B. No inside game. Jackson just cant finish a drive at this point, has he dunked this year? Im starting to question whether Jackson has any hops. Its like if we dont have Trimble or Cowan drive, our only other offensive look is passing it around the perimeter and throwing up a 3. 

Is Turg afraid to run press or traps bc he is afraid everyone has tired dead legs?   

Last time against Iowa I thought Cowan and Trimble did a great job of blowing by Bohannon and make smart decisions in the lane, im guessing Fran has schemed to cover that weaknesses. 

Bohannon, wow he was feeling it.  

I know we had recuits come to the Wisky game, hope we didnt have any come on Saturday .... This team just looks tired to me. 

Edited by Why am I Mr. Pink?

STANDINGS CONF.   PCT. PF PA OVERALL   PCT. PF PA HOME AWAY NEUTRAL LAST 10 STREAK
Purdue 12-4  .750 77.7 69.5 23-6  .793 80.7 66.7 14-2 5-4 4-0 8-2 L1
Wisconsin 11-5  .688 69.2 64.4 22-7  .759 73.1 62.1 14-1 5-5 3-1 6-4 L2
Maryland 10-6  .625 73.5 70.7 22-7  .759 74.7 68.2 12-5 7-2 3-0 5-5 L3
Minnesota 10-6  .625 75.3 72.4 22-7  .759 76.1 68.9 16-3 5-4 1-0 7-3 W7
Michigan State 10-6  .625 72.3 69.7 18-11  .621 72.4 69.2 14-2 2-5 2-4 6-4 W2
Northwestern 9-7  .563 67.7 65.7 20-9  .690 71.8 64.7 13-3 5-5 2-1 5-5 L2
Michigan 9-7  .563 74.1 70.1 19-10  .655 74.3 65.9 15-3 2-7 2-0 7-3 W2

Minny has Nebraska and @ Wisky

MSU has @ Illini and @ MD

Terps have @ Rutgers tonight and MSU on Sat.

Im going to assume that NW and UM dont come into play for the double bye in the BTT.

Dodd said teams are playing zone D and the terps arent hitting shots and they expect teams to continue playing zone until MD makes the outside shots. It looked like our plan to attack zone is to feed it to Jackson at the free throw line/elbow and then let Jackson distribute or drive. It just didnt work the last few games. I dont think Jackson has been in that critical decision making role. Hopefully we are practicing more and this is good experience and learning for next season. 

Im ready, lets roll. Lets refocus. Lets get Melo going, lets get Jackson back to being a factor,  lets let Huerter handle the ball more. Lets win the next 2 and see what we do in the BTT. 

Very nice win Terps. 

This is who they are. They need solid effort throughout the roster. Ball movement second half was so much better, and that led to open shots. Dodd and Huerter were beasts in the second.

Lets hope this carries over to the weekend, and that Izzo doesn't play zone.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Long n Left said:

Very nice win Terps. 

This is who they are. They need solid effort throughout the roster. Ball movement second half was so much better, and that led to open shots. Dodd and Huerter were beasts in the second.

Lets hope this carries over to the weekend, and that Izzo doesn't play zone.

I would be shocked if Izzo doesn't play zone. Unless he figures on saving it for the B1G tournament. If MD ends up the 4 seed and MSU the 5 or vice versa, they will have a rematch next Friday assuming the 5 seed wins Thursday. Still some things to be determined and I'm sure Izzo is gunning for that double bye. But he could play coy and bust out the zone in the tournament and not this weekend. 

Regardless, MD needs to play good team basketball like they did tonight. Very few 1-on-1 possessions and a lot of movement of the ball to find the open man. 

Edited by Redskin4ever

Cowan looked refreshed. If he can build off that and give Turg confidence to let him run the offense, that is this team's best look by far. 

Huerter handling the ball was awesome. He was a PG before he hit a growth spurt. He sees the floor so well. When he got trapped for that half court violation, I put it on Brantley for passing him into a trap and then sprinting up court giving Huerter no outlet. 

Bender - he is playing well. before I thought he tried to make too cute inside passes when guys werent expecting it or just into too much traffic. Now he is not forcing things. 

Jackson - dude ... idk what to say at this point. He just cant finish around the rim. For his height, length and build he should be an above the rim player. I have full confidence he will grow and develop into an NBA player but he is more raw than it first seemed. 

Dodd - senior paying like he knows his career is winding down. I expect him to play hard the rest of the way ... but stop moving on screens, especially when they are so high and really inconsequential.  

Edited by Why am I Mr. Pink?
  • Like 1

Two big games against Sparty for the Terps today on the hardwoods.

Guys could use a big win to gain some momentum going into the postseason. MSU is rounding into shape now, and are a more talented team than Maryland. Terps have struggled at home, could use a big Senior day showing...especially from Dodd. I think Damonte holds the key for this team remainder of the year. If he can stay out of foul trouble, rebound, and be a presence on offense at the rim, this team can compete with most,

Tonight the girls face a tough MSU squad that they need to take care of in order to get a likely revenge shot at OSU in the finals. Bracketology has them as a 3 or 4 seed. They need these two wins to seal up a 2 seed, possibly even a 1 if a couple teams take losses in their tournaments.

Girls need a big win, and knocking off #9 OSU for the B1G championship would be just that.

Go Terps!

Fear the Turtle!

Edited by Long n Left

Fear the Turtle indeed. Both basketball teams are looking pretty good this season. I hope the men's team can stay focused to really get things done. 

Win and they give themselves a little breathing room. 

I don't have any doubt that the women's team will be completely ready...I worry a bit about the men's team. 

Edited by Kosher Ham

Huge win after a big shot by Melo. That was a very highly competitive game. That's good because they will all be like this from here on out. But having that double bye is huge. Anyone in the DMV that can go to the tournament this week should go. I wish I could get up there for the games.

• Like 1