Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Maryland Terrapins Thread

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Poor effort by the TERPS todaý. Think they may have been looking ahead to UCONN. Wish they learn to play better defense. Every time they doubled someone, they found the open woman under the basket for an easy 2 points. SWK was horrible. As a senior, she is the one who is supposed to calm the team down. She was just jacking up shots. Golden rule in bball, if your shot is off, TAKE THE BALL TO THE HOLE!  Hopefully, this loss sets a fire under them and they come back better next year. Gonna miss Briana Jones though. She just had a knack for getting rebounds and putting the ball back in the hoop.

Click to read the rest

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/terrapins-insider/wp/2017/03/30/caleb-henderson-checks-all-the-boxes-at-quarterback-for-maryland-football/?utm_term=.ce6ab617d2e0#comments

Caleb Henderson ‘checks all the boxes’ at quarterback for Maryland football

Henderson has been running with the first-team offense for much of spring practice so far. He appears to be a natural fit for Bell’s up-tempo zone-running scheme — Henderson threw for 2,159 yards and 20 touchdowns and rushed for 964 yards and 18 more touchdowns during his senior season at Lake Braddock alone — and he has benefited from sitting out a year and polishing his game on the practice field and in the film room.

“He’s high energy and he’s really talented. I mean Caleb can really run the ball, as well as throw,” Maryland Coach DJ Durkin said. “He’s got a strong arm. He’s a big, thick body who runs really well. He’s a good athlete. All of those things, in terms of talent, he checks all the boxes.”

Her mom has cancer and Destiny wants to move closer to Boise, Idaho to be with her. 

WNBA requires women to graduate college or wait 4 before becoming eligible.

Best case scenario for Destiny's family would probably be to get treatment in the DMV vs Idaho but ya know .. rules and stuff.

My neighbors wife has some medical issues and their daughter needs to stay home a lot bc someone must always be home and the mom talks about how it eats her up inside bc she feels like she is taking away from her kids childhood and dreams.

Well wishes. Cancer sucks.  

6 minutes ago, Why am I Mr. Pink? said:

Her mom has cancer and Destiny wants to move closer to Boise, Idaho to be with her. 

WNBA requires women to graduate college or wait 4 before becoming eligible.

Best case scenario for Destiny's family would probably be to get treatment in the DMV vs Idaho but ya know .. rules and stuff.

My neighbors wife has some medical issues and their daughter needs to stay home a lot bc someone must always be home and the mom talks about how it eats her up inside bc she feels like she is taking away from her kids childhood and dreams.

Well wishes. Cancer sucks.  

That's very sad. Wish her the best.

Click to read the rest

http://maryland.247sports.com/Article/Incoming-Maryland-Freshmen-Darryl-Morsell-and-Bruno-Fernando-Rea-52227323

Maryland's Two-Man Class Showing Great Promise

Incoming Maryland freshmen Darryl Morsell and Bruno Fernando weren’t able to play together in the Capital Classic on Saturday, but the all-star event strengthened a bond that began when they committed to the Terps last fall and bloomed when they took their official visits to College Park the same weekend last month.

The day after Maryland lost to Northwestern in the Big Ten Tournament quarterfinals, Fernando joined Mark Turgeon on a two-hour trip to watch Morsell -- and top 2018 targets Jalen Smith and Prentiss Hubb -- at the Alhambra Catholic Invitational Tournament in Frostburg. Morsell’s final high school game ended in a loss in the championship game -- which had to be bittersweet for Turgeon, whose son Will was on the winning team (Gonzaga) -- but it didn’t ruin the weekend. Morsell said he and Fernando “held their own” in pickup games when they returned to College Park and that experience only increased the confidence they have in each other to make an impact right away as freshmen next season.

“I’m not impressed with anything [Morsell] does because I know how good of a player he is,” said Fernando, who sat out of the Capital Classic after banging knees with a teammate in practice Friday night. “I’m just excited to step on the court and go to Maryland with him and start playing. He’s a great player and an even better young man.”

“Bruno is just versatile. He can do everything. I don’t see any weaknesses in his game as of right now. I think when he steps in in College Park he’s going to be a big help,” said Morsell, Fernando’s roommate for the event.

• Like 1