Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Maryland Terrapins Thread

BRAVEONAWARPATH

http://maryland.247sports.com/Bolt/BREAKING-Dontay-Demus-Commits-to-Maryland-52998596

BREAKING: Dontay Demus Commits to Maryland

Friendship Academy (DC) three-star wide receiver Dontay Demus Jr. has committed to Maryland, he tells 247Sports. Demus committed while visiting College Park this afternoon and told 247Sports that Maryland was "at the top."

"Just the vibe, everything there. I feel good about Maryland, it's home." Demus becomes the eighth commitment for the Terrapins this cycle and the first from Washington D.C. The 6-foot-4, 205-pound wideout chose Maryland over Louisville, Michigan State, Virginia Tech and Wake Forest among others.

In an interview after his Maryland offer, Demus said the Terps are high on his list. "They really like the way I play and my attitude. Going over their offense, their offense is spread out and they take some deep shots. That stood out to me,” he said on March 25th."

http://maryland.247sports.com/Article/Recruit-Aaron-Wiggins-Commits-to-Maryland-Basketball-52996357

BREAKING: Top Guard Prospect Commits to Terps

Mark Turgeon was relentless in his pursuit of Aaron Wiggins, and his efforts just paid off.

Wiggins, a highly sought 6-foot-6 guard from North Carolina, committed to Turgeon today, choosing the Terps over Kansas, Florida, Virginia and others. The first commitment in Maryland's 2018 class, Wiggins made the decision during his official visit in College Park this weekend.

Ranked by 247Sports as the No. 43 player in the country, Wiggins is a smooth and rangy guard who can score from 3-point range -- he's shooting 46 percent deep on the Under Armour circuit -- and closer to the basket. Along with small forward Jaylen Hoard and big man Ian Steere, also Maryland prospects, he helped lead former Maryland point guard Keith Gatlin's Wesleyan Christian (High Point, N.C.) team to a 28-5 record and a national ranking for much of last season.

Turgeon offered then little-known Wiggins a scholarship last September, becoming the second high-major coach to do so. Assistant coach Dustin Clark then took over the point in his recruitment, and both coaches made multiple trips to North Carolina to see him. The two spent much of the spring and early summer working to position themselves for Wiggins' commitment.

"I hear from them every day. They both call and text all the time," he said.

They made it clear to Wiggins that he was their No. 1 priority among guards.

"That is very important, because it shows whether or not the coaches are going to have your back. And just the relationship the coaches have with my family, it all plays a part," Wiggins said.

Turgeon will likely take four or five players in the Class of 2018, and the Terps are among the top contenders for several other highly regarded prospects. He could also add another player from the Class of 2017.

• Like 2

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2714109-the-next-sam-darnold-which-cfb-players-will-go-from-backups-to-breakout-stars

The Next Sam Darnold: Which CFB Players Will Go from Backups to Breakout Stars?

Kasim Hill, Maryland Quarterback

It may seem that putting a true freshman quarterback who wasn't a mid-term enrollee on this list is a bit of a wild card, because, after all, who'd play a first-year guy with no experience at the team's most important position right away?

Maryland coach DJ Durkin may have to when Kasim Hill gets to campus. He's just too talented to keep out of the lineup for a Terrapins team that is rebuilding with a stellar recruiting class in Durkin's first full cycle.

Hill is arguably the crown jewel of that class, a 6'2", 215-pound former 4-star recruit out of Washington D.C., who elected to stay home and be a part of turning around Maryland's program.

Right now, North Carolina transfer Caleb Henderson may be the front-runner for the job, and it wouldn't be a surprise to see him take the season's first snap.

It would be smart money to project Hill to take the last one, though, and have a lot of dazzling moments along the way.

"We're certainly really excited about the guys we've already brought in and are bringing in at that position," Durkin told 105.7 The Fan . "To me, we have a tremendous amount of talent there right now and [now] it’s all about those guys competing and figuring out who the guy is. But I really like where we're at."

Hill has the athleticism and upside to insert under center, watch him grow and take his lumps. Henderson is basically around to bridge the gap to Hill's tenure.

The future won't be long from now.

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH

http://247sports.com/Article/Analysis-Jaelyn-Duncan-commits-to-Maryland-53198038

247Sports Take: Duncan to the Terrapins

Maryland adds a "high upside" prospect in Top247 offensive tackle Jaelyn Duncan.

Maryland hit big in the DMV, and on the offensive line, with a Thursday night commitment from Baltimore (Md.) St. Frances Top247 offensive tackle Jaelyn Duncan.

The 6-foot-6, 300-pound Duncan is commit No. 9 for the Terrapins in 2017 and the second four-star offensive lineman joining guard Evan Gregory.

The physical prowess of Duncan immediately jumps out at you and then his tremendous feet and ability to run are why he’s so coveted. Other offers included Michigan, Ohio State, Penn State, Tennessee, Florida and Virginia Tech.

“He is a special talent,” St. Frances coach Henry Russell tells 247Sports. “He is freakishly athletic with great size. This upside is through the roof.

“This is a great pickup for Maryland.”

DJ Durkin and his staff have upgraded the talent on the roster across the board over the course of three recruiting classes as they put the finishing touches on the 2016 cycle, recruited a Top 25 class in 2017 and are now working on a second-straight one here in 2018.

Duncan is an explosive offensive lineman, a devastating run blocker with all the traits to thrive in Maryland’s tempo offense. There won’t be a block he can’t make. He’s a two-way player on the prep level and a major factor on the defensive line because of his strength, burst and high-motor.

Ranked by the 247Sports Composite as the No. 7 player in the state of Maryland, the Terrapins now have three Top10 prospects in the state committed with Austin Fontaine and Gregory being the other two. Durkin and his staff are convincing the local kids to stay home as they hit on four of the Top10 last year and two of the top three in the Nation’s Capital. The DMV movement is very real and Duncan is the latest man in the boat.

http://maryland.247sports.com/Bolt/Breaking-Raymond-Boone-Commits-to-Maryland-53210957

Breaking: Raymond Boone Commits to Maryland

Maryland has landed its second commitment in two days, this time from Eleanor Roosevelt (Md.) three-star safety Raymond Boone, he tells 247Sports. The 5-foot-11, 199-pound

Maryland has landed its second commitment in two days, this time from Eleanor Roosevelt (Md.) three-star safety Raymond Boone. The 5-foot-11, 199-pound athlete developed a strong relationship with defensive backs coach Aazaar Abdul-Rahim and has been high on the Terps for some time.

Boone committed to Maryland over Kentucky, North Carolina, Pittsburgh and Virginia Tech among others. He's the first commitment in the secondary for the Terps in the 2018 class. Last season he totaled 38 catches for 699 yards and six touchdowns. On defenserecorded 28 tackles with five interceptions

Boone is not ranked by 247Sports yet, but he's a composite three-star recruit. He's rated the 15th-best prospect in Maryland and the nation's 53rd-best athlete. Boone becomes the 10th commitment for the 2018 class. Stay tuned for more...

• Like 1

http://maryland.247sports.com/Bolt/Wiltfongs-Weekly-Buzz-Lincoln-Riley-hits-the-ground-running-53268034

Maryland has the nation’s No. 25 recruiting class, with more good news expected soon.

After talking with a source on Wednesday morning, I picked Maryland in my 247Sports Crystal Ball forecast for three-star offensive tackle Spencer Anderson, and the Terps look to be in good standing for three-star Washington (D.C.) Woodson cornerback Vincent Flythe, who announces on Friday.

DJ Durkin and company aim to sign a top-25 class for a second-straight year but regardless of ranking on National Signing Day, if the Terrapins can secure what’s already in the boat and add Eyabi Anoma, those around College Park will be very excited.

Anoma is the most pivotal prospect on Maryland’s board. The nation’s No. 3 weak-side defensive end brings a pass rushing presence Durkin and company are salivating for. My Crystal Ball is on Alabama for Anoma but no question Maryland is in the thick of it, and after seeing DMV guys like Terrell Hall, Chase Young, and Joshua Kaindoh head elsewhere, this is a local difference-maker they don’t want to see get away.

• Like 1

Just saw that Kevin Huerter made the final 18 players for the USA U-19 FIBA World Cup later this summer. They will cut 6 more and take a 12 man team to the tournament. 

I'm looking for Huerter to step up this season and fill the leadership vacancy post Melo. Kid is a fantastic all around player, and if he stays four years in College Park, should have the kind of career many hoped Jake was gonna have. I think Huerter will go down as one of UMD's all-time greats when he finishes his college career. I also expect to see him be a solid contributer at the next level as a combo guard.

• Like 1

Biggest thing I'm taking from these stories is that the Terps now have the 20th rated class in 2018, but only 6th in the B1G. The Big 10 are really upping their game. The B1G East is gonna be brutal, and any one of 3 teams from that division could win the Natty without surprising anyone. If the Terps can win 8-11 games yearly in that division, Durkin should be given a lifetime contract.

• Like 1

On 6/21/2017 at 2:50 PM, Long n Left said:

Just saw that Kevin Huerter made the final 18 players for the USA U-19 FIBA World Cup later this summer. They will cut 6 more and take a 12 man team to the tournament. 

I'm looking for Huerter to step up this season and fill the leadership vacancy post Melo. Kid is a fantastic all around player, and if he stays four years in College Park, should have the kind of career many hoped Jake was gonna have. I think Huerter will go down as one of UMD's all-time greats when he finishes his college career. I also expect to see him be a solid contributer at the next level as a combo guard.

Huerter makes the final cut and will wear the red, white, and blue at the U-19 FIBA World Cup.

• Like 1