Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bench Griffin for the rest of the year!

DieHardSkinsfanNJ

Before this game, he may have been as good as any QB for 3 of the last 4 games. I dont worry about RG3 like others do. Everytime he plays bad people go overboard but the fact is he sucked at the begining of the year strictly because of injury. When he's healthy he's a very very very accurate QB in this league and reads a D better than he's given credit for. Thats the RG3 you will see 90% of the time when healthy. The problem is when he's off then he's off bad and he's like that the whole game. I think he wont have anymore games like this the rest of the year and if he does it'll probably only be 1.

I mean would you be shocked at all if he had another great game against SF on Monday Night? You wouldnt be shocked at all. There is no way you bench him. However, I would consider benching him in game because as I said, when he's off that day then he will be off that whole day. I wouldnt mind Cousins coming in early against Denver and now Philly but no way is he better or is 10 QB's in this league better than a healthy RG3. Again, you act like he wasnt just top notch against Chicago, SD, and Minny. Maybe not perfect or all the way back but he was as good as any QB in this league on those 3 very recent games

Before i give my opinion i want to say that even though rg3 is struggling this year i believe with a competent coaching squad he can be great qb, now this its clear after this game that the playoffs are out of reach so our focus should be getting rg3 healthy and not leaving him out there to risk getting hurt again, we need to let cousins ride out the rest of the season, it was a mistake starting him this year.

This is a dumb post

If you have two quarterbacks you have no quarterbacks...I'll so happy when we get rid of Cousins.  This **** is insane.

However, I would consider benching him in game because as I said, when he's off that day then he will be off that whole day. 

And that's because, again, he's 23 years old. He hasn't taken enough hits to the head to have mid-game amnesia like the greats do.  :P

I love how people try to keep their love of Cousins under wraps by saying "I think RGIII will be great but..." The most amazing thing about all this is crazy ass Skip Bayless was correct, drafting Cousins was a mistake.

I don't care what the excuse is.  He is supposed to a franchise level QB and he is throwing balls 10 feet over his receiver's heads all day.  I mean I can see being a bit off but this was obscene.

He's a 23-year old QB, not even a year removed from complete knee reconstruction, with absolutely no OL and one wide receiver to throw too. Why in gods name do people think he or anyone for that matter would excel in these conditions?

Calling for RG3 to be benched is ridiculous.

Whether he is in a sophomore slump, or is just working his way back through a season with no offseason or preseason, he has to play through it. Period.

It is costing us this season (as well as other things), but we have little choice.

I don't know what it is, but last year, he didn't miss guys that were wide open.  That ball he missed to Paulsen, he hits 9 times out of 10 last year.  And he had time to stand there and make a good throw.  I think he's a little shell shocked.

But benching him doesn't do any good.  A young QB's gotta play to get better.  He's got a lot to learn about playing the QB position, so he's gotta play.  In some ways, he's got more to learn than Cousins does, given the offenses they came from. 

No ... this is insane .. if anything is hurting RG3 its his lack of development over the off season due to probably being more focused on rehabbing his knee.  With more game reps he will get better with time and with our cap issues resolved next year we'll be able to surround him with better talent at spots on offense and hopefully build up the defense.  He wont improve as drastically by holding a clip board.  If anything maybe a little less read option if we lose again, and just let him develop as a pocket passer, the most important thing is just keeping him healthy tho.

I don't know what it is, but last year, he didn't miss guys that were wide open.  That ball he missed to Paulsen, he hits 9 times out of 10 last year.  And he had time to stand there and make a good throw.  I think he's a little shell shocked.

But benching him doesn't do any good.  A young QB's gotta play to get better.  He's got a lot to learn about playing the QB position, so he's gotta play.  In some ways, he's got more to learn than Cousins does, given the offenses they came from. 

that shell shocked comment is the only thing that would worry me a lil. We all look at Griff as the toughest guy there is but those hits may have started to add up.

With that being said, I read n rticle t the begining of the year where a guy didnt pick us to win the East strictly because he thought coming off that injury, RG3 would be sailing the ball a ton. He said it happened to Brady and every other QB. I also think the brace may cause him to sail some throws also.

It also doesnt help when your line is straight garbage. I still think its not a problem and that he will only have 1 or 2 games a year like that. The problem is we started so bad that we have no room for bad games like that. He also doesnt have a dominant D or ST's to bail him out so he has to be perfect. If he had started off from the jump like he's playing now then he wouldnt need to be perfect but we basically gave away 3 or 4 games early strictly with him adjusting to rust & game speed

Archived