Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Call of Duty: Ghosts

Dont Taze Me Bro

With the release of Ghosts, I think its time for its own thread.  Everything CoD Ghosts for both consoles.  You will be greatly missed Black Ops 2 thread and forever in our hearts.   

Personally, I'm starting to dig the game.  There are a few maps I completely despise, but after you play it for a week, it grows on you (at least it did for me).  I don't really see the benefit of all the character slots, considering you can unlock everything as long as you have tokens. 

The actual only benefit I see from it is a way to get more tokens faster (i.e. level all slots with basic weapons they give you to level 10 and stock pile the tokens.  The first 6 slots only cost 3 tokens to unlock). 

More recoil, which I like.  I can't seem to find any one weapon, yet, that appears to be over powered.  More so, I have only found a setup that provides balance for most game modes.  Which is the MSBS with red dot and muzzle break, then your perks.  

So, please post everything that is CoD Ghosts here and lets get our consoles/gamer tags out there and have some fun.  If anyone on PS3 wants to start a clan, lets do it.  

Im on PS3, gamer tag is Gecha_Popcrn_Rdy     feel free to add me, just let me know your from Extreme Skins.   

Haven't played the online  yet ( Xbox live subscription jut finished) but just finished the campaign mode.   I did not like the campaign at all, was just eh. especially just the ending.  Blackopts 2 campaign was a lot better!

I never play campaign modes, I'm an online gamer and PvP junky, so I only play multiplayer games (Madden, BF, CoD, PC mmorpgs with PvP).  I just don't have the patience to go through games anymore like I used to.  

Just got done playing for about and hour and a half on PS4. Maybe it's because I haven't played any video games in like 4-5 months but I like it.

The maps will have to be learned but I'm pretty sure I'll wreck **** here too.

They switched the controls on PS4 up. Aim and fire is L2 and R2 instead of L1 and R1. That's a change.

The game is pretty damn good so far. Blitz is awesome. No lag issues, maybe the smoothest release of any CoD...ever. The guns and perks seem to be pretty balanced right now, but it usually takes some time for the general gaming population to pick up on the really cheap stuff that many people are patiently waiting to **** about.

There is a good bit of people complaining about camping more than ever, these people forget that EVERY time a new cod comes out this happens. It's people that don't know the maps at all desperately trying to protect their K/D ratios. It will pass quickly as everyone becomes more familiar with the maps.

The extra recoil on most guns is nice. It's not as easy to just hold down the trigger at long distances.

Zero frame rate issues on the 360, as opposed to the complaints ive heard about the PS4. The game feels very smooth. The visuals are nothing special. I want to know if the PS4 and X1 look significantly better. I'd rather keep the consistent FPS on lower graphics than go with a system that is struggling.

I wasn't excited for this game, and was going to get bf4 instead, but the xbox crew is having a blast with it and I'm pleasantly surprised with how well this launch has gone.

I couldn't care less about all the extra soldiers you can unlock.

I've been a COD-only player since COD4. Right now I'm just taking a long vacation from the game. Call it a temporary retirement. No urge to get the game. Haven't been to a deparment store since its release, if I see it at Target or something I'll pick it up. Isn't it 9v9 on Xbox 1? I hear the maps look like they're made for 9v9. I'm not investing that much in to COD, unless 9v9 on next-gen consoles is the s**t and makes the game absolutely amazing.

Isn't it 9v9 on Xbox 1? I hear the maps look like they're made for 9v9. I'm not investing that much in to COD, unless 9v9 on next-gen consoles is the s**t and makes the game absolutely amazing.

yep, i believe next gen csn support 9v9

the maps are definitely bigger.

I know its just a game, but am I the only one slightly uncomfortable with the glorification of war by some of these modern warfar video games? It's one thing to be blowing stuff up, its another to constantly be depiciting this country in a state of being literally invaded and/or partially occupied and people jumping up and down about how cool that is. I know it's a game, but war isn't cool.

To be fair, it's sort of the same way I felt about having back to back movies about specificly how to take over the white house and take the president of the united states hostage. I was literally sick to my stomach watching Olympus has Fallen and the airplane gunning people down on the street, same way I think it was MW3 where I was watching my nephew fight a level where Washington, DC was burning to the ground and the White House blown wide open.

I'm from that area and was living in DC when 9/11 happen, so maybe that's why I feel that sorta way. Sorry if it feels like a killjoy, but I just didn't know where else to post this and its been on my mind for a while...

yep, i believe next gen csn support 9v9

the maps are definitely bigger.

Which ones? Bigger than Derail, Afgan, wasteland, Estate, bakaara, village, outpost, turbine, or Drone?

No, not really. It may be that you just got the game and aren't used to the maps yet, and feel lost. Stone haven is the most spread out, and in part it feels large because none of the action takes place in the center of the map. It's very open.

There aren't any tiny maps like nuke town or Hijacked, I bet something similar comes out through maps packs (dome and scrapyard confirmed)

If anything, some of the maps are far more intricate than previous maps. That alone might make them feel large. Chasm is the first map that comes to mind, but in reality it's about half the size of Derail.

Chasm is going to suck 9v9

War hawk, freight, octane, and strike zone are my favorite maps so far.

I know its just a game, but am I the only one slightly uncomfortable with the glorification of war by some of these modern warfar video games? It's one thing to be blowing stuff up, its another to constantly be depiciting this country in a state of being literally invaded and/or partially occupied and people jumping up and down about how cool that is. I know it's a game, but war isn't cool.To be fair, it's sort of the same way I felt about having back to back movies about specificly how to take over the white house and take the president of the united states hostage. I was literally sick to my stomach watching Olympus has Fallen and the airplane gunning people down on the street, same way I think it was MW3 where I was watching my nephew fight a level where Washington, DC was burning to the ground and the White House blown wide open.I'm from that area and was living in DC when 9/11 happen, so maybe that's why I feel that sorta way. Sorry if it feels like a killjoy, but I just didn't know where else to post this and its been on my mind for a while...

Well I don't ever focus on the story mode. I play multiplayer strictly. I do it specifically for competition. I like being better than the people I play against. By better, killing is only a small part. Better able to strategize and adapt to my opponents.

It's like football or hockey or basketball or soccer. Just in a different venue.

I know its just a game, but am I the only one slightly uncomfortable with the glorification of war by some of these modern warfar video games? It's one thing to be blowing stuff up, its another to constantly be depiciting this country in a state of being literally invaded and/or partially occupied and people jumping up and down about how cool that is. I know it's a game, but war isn't cool. To be fair, it's sort of the same way I felt about having back to back movies about specificly how to take over the white house and take the president of the united states hostage. I was literally sick to my stomach watching Olympus has Fallen and the airplane gunning people down on the street, same way I think it was MW3 where I was watching my nephew fight a level where Washington, DC was burning to the ground and the White House blown wide open. I'm from that area and was living in DC when 9/11 happen, so maybe that's why I feel that sorta way. Sorry if it feels like a killjoy, but I just didn't know where else to post this and its been on my mind for a while...

Please keep this crap out of this thread.  It's a video game.   And for the record, Olympus has Fallen was an awesome movie.  

I do agree with you, you are a kill joy, so, if you could create another thread about your feelings towards video game violence, etc, then that would be great, just please don't post personal/political views in here cause its about playing a game......not about your feelings towards war.  This is a thread dedicated to a video game man.  And for the record, CoD: Ghosts has nothing to do with what you posted.  

Please keep this crap out of this thread.  It's a video game.   And for the record, Olympus has Fallen was an awesome movie.  

I do agree with you, you are a kill joy, so, if you could create another thread about your feelings towards video game violence, etc, then that would be great, just please don't post personal/political views in here cause its about playing a game......not about your feelings towards war.  This is a thread dedicated to a video game man.  And for the record, CoD: Ghosts has nothing to do with what you posted.  

I feel you missed what I was talking about because you were pissed to see something like that in your video game thread. As I expected, most people don't give a ****, thanks for the clarification. But the plot is based around several major cities in the Southwestern United States being whiped out from a space weapon as a precursor to a full force invasion from Latin America to occupy the rest of the country that is no longer a super power. If the only thing that crosses your mind while playing this video game is shooting **** and strategizing, then more power to you.

I feel you missed what I was talking about because you were pissed to see something like that in your video game thread. As I expected, most people don't give a ****, thanks for the clarification. But the plot is based around several major cities in the Southwestern United States being whiped out from a space weapon as a precursor to a full force invasion from Latin America to occupy the rest of the country that is no longer a super power. If the only thing that crosses your mind while playing this video game is shooting **** and strategizing, then more power to you.

No, most don't give a ****.

Why should they? How is it different than say, any Mission Impossible movie ever made? I don't get how people could be uneasy about this. It's just a video game!

Just like you have the option to not watch a movie you don't like, not read a book you don't like or not go to an Internet website you don't like you have the option to not play a video game you don't like.

There is a nation of full grown adults that like to play these war games. Some let their kids play, some don't. The fact that this game and ones before it that depict America in a state of turmoil tells a provocative story about an alternate universe. This is not real life. If you can not separate the two than you have more wrong with you than taking video games the wrong way.

But yeah. I agree. We should probably ban video games and censor anything that's too sensitive for this country.

You had no good intentions when you decided to post in this thread.  Zero.  None.  That was clearly evident when you stated the following in your post:  "Sorry if it feels like a killjoy, but I just didn't know where else to post this and its been on my mind for a while..."

Along with the fact that you don't even play the damn game.  There are probably 20+ other threads in this forum you could have posted this in or even created your own anit-war video game/movie thread that involves story plots that upset you.  And yes, it ticked me off that someone try to high-jack the thread and make it about their personal/political views.  If you want to argue with everyone on here about what weapon is best, set-up, game mode, etc until you are blue in the face, so be it.  That's why I made the thread.  

And yes, the only thing that crosses my mind while playing any FPS is shooting **** and strategizing as I only play the online multiplayer aspect of the game.  But even if I played the story campaign, so what, its just a damn video game.  So again, I'm asking you to please only discuss the game play, set-ups, etc. If you're looking for an argument, there are hundreds of other posts throughout the tailgate, stadium and ATN you can find someone to argue with.  

These Battlefield and CoD threads are my happy place, I enjoy shooting the **** with other gamers on here and picking each others brains.  So, unless it's negativity about the actual game play, system, bugs, etc.  please keep it out of the thread.

I know so many people who have played violent video games and they're all decent fellows. You're playing as the hero anyway, trying to stand up for what's good in the storyline. The actual act of "killing" someone in the game is extremely different than in real life. If you're worried that someone can't tell the difference, that's not the game's fault, it's the brain disorder's fault. Wonder how many COD players are murderers. Is there really an epidemic I'm missing here? Seems to me that the people who are put off by the game want to tell everyone else to be put off by it with them. The people have spoken, so gtfo.

I've noticed that sometimes I will be shooting someone, and have unloaded at least 3-6 rounds, then will suddenly die, appearing like I was hit by one head shot.  Then on the replay, it shows them attempting to shot me with 3-6 rounds and it shows me maybe getting off 2 rounds.

Sometimes, I will start getting shot and run behind an inanimate object that shouldn't be penetrated by bullets (i.e. boulders, solid metal, etc.)  and then get hit and drop dead.  Like the magic bullet theory from the JFK movie.  It's like it just turns around the corner of the structure and hits me.  

I also have noticed that the combat knife animation will dominate/trump your gun, even at close range.  I can't tell you how many times I have fired rounds point blank into the person and get knifed and it doesn't even hurt them.  It's like once they are at the range to knife, once the animation starts, you are screwed.  I'm talking straight on/coming in from the side, not getting stabbed from behind.  

Anyone else notice these things?

Ya'll are tripping if you think I want to get rid of video game violence or was trying to turn this into an anti-war thread. I get it, wrong thread, but don't take it to heart that I brought this topic up in here. I'm just going to leave because you don't want to understand what my concerns because this is a gameplay thread, I get it.

Archived