On Now
Coming Up
  • Fri., Nov. 14, 2014 1:00 PM - 1:15 PM EST Live Gruden Press Conference Redskins head coach Jay Gruden speaks to media after practice at Redskins Park in Loudoun County, Va. on Friday, November 14, 2014.
  • Fri., Nov. 14, 2014 5:30 PM - 6:00 PM EST Redskins Nation

Redskins Nation is a half-hour show devoted to giving fans unfiltered access to the day's events at Redskins Park. Hosted by Larry Michael, the show features Redskins players, coaches and sit-down interviews with team officials. (Show re-airs at 11:30 p.m/7:30 a.m. daily)

• DATE: December 3, 2013
    • TIME:  5:30 PM 

• Sun., Nov. 16, 2014 11:30 AM - 12:00 PM EST Live Verizon Gametime Live Redskins pregame show hosted by Lou Holder LIVE from FedExField before the Redskins vs. Buccaneers kickoff on Sunday, November 16, 2014.
  • Sun., Nov. 16, 2014 4:30 PM - 5:00 PM EST Live Gruden Press Conference Redskins head coach Jay Gruden takes the podium following the Redskins vs. Buccaneers game at FedExField on Sunday, November 16, 2014.
  • Sun., Nov. 16, 2014 5:00 PM - 5:30 PM EST Live Player Press Conference Select Redskins players take the podium following the Redskins vs. Buccaneers game at FedExField on Sunday, November 16, 2014.
  • Mon., Nov. 17, 2014 5:30 PM - 6:00 PM EST Redskins Nation

Redskins Nation is a half-hour show devoted to giving fans unfiltered access to the day's events at Redskins Park. Hosted by Larry Michael, the show features Redskins players, coaches and sit-down interviews with team officials. (Show re-airs at 11:30 p.m/7:30 a.m. daily)

• Tue., Nov. 18, 2014 5:30 PM - 6:00 PM EST Redskins Nation

• Wed., Nov. 19, 2014 5:30 PM - 6:00 PM EST Redskins Nation

• Thu., Nov. 20, 2014 5:30 PM - 6:00 PM EST Redskins Nation

• Fri., Nov. 21, 2014 5:30 PM - 6:00 PM EST Redskins Nation

Photo
- - - - -

Top 5 Most Hated Teams

• Please log in to reply
188 replies to this topic

#1 ThePackisback

ThePackisback

The Camp Fodder

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 11:30 PM

What teams do Redskin fans hate the most and what teams do you not mind to see do well after the Skins.

Here is my list for most hated.

1. ViQueens- Easily our most bitter rival and now they have Greg Jennings and Desmond Bishop.

2. Bears- Another huge rivalry.

3. Lions- Divisional rivalry.

4. Giants- 2007 and 2011, enough said.

5. Seahawks- After what happened last year they are now up there.

Honorable Mentions are the Saints and Patriots.

Teams I don't mind to see do well are the Bengals, Dolphins and redskins.

#2 War Paint

War Paint

The Playmaker

• Members
  • 4,758 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 11:36 PM

Cowboys, Eagles, Giants, Seahawks and Ravens.

• ChampSkinsFan, MumboSauce, SWFLSkins and 3 others like this

#3 TryTheBeal!

TryTheBeal!

The Starter

• Members
  • 3,734 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 11:37 PM

Cow***s

Cow***s

Cow***s

Norv Turner in all his various demonic guises.

The Blue Team.

The Eagles are a smile and a trifle.

#4 Painkiller

Painkiller

The Heavy Hitter

• Members
  • 8,591 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 11:41 PM

John Mara

Cowboys

Eagles

Seahawks

and Raiders.  (I still haven't gotten over Super Bowl XVIII)  :)

• Glenn X, Frediemac, skinsmania123 and 1 other like this

#5 rdskn4eva

rdskn4eva

The Role Player

• Members
  • 1,240 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 12:17 AM

Cowboys

Cowboys

Cowboys

Cowboys

Whoever is next on the schdule

• Phat Hog, Califan007, CBass1724 and 2 others like this

#6 TryTheBeal!

TryTheBeal!

The Starter

• Members
  • 3,734 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 12:21 AM

John Mara

Cowboys

Eagles

Seahawks

and Raiders.  (I still haven't gotten over Super Bowl XVIII)  :)

I dedicate this song to the Mara's...all of them, young and old, passed and yet to be born.

• Glenn X and Painkiller like this

#7 elkabong82

elkabong82

Ring of Fame

• Members
  • 11,896 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 12:41 AM

Cowboys, Giants, Mara, Eagles, Mara, Seahawks, Mara

• thesubmittedone likes this

#8 Hunter_R

Hunter_R

The Heavy Hitter

• Members
  • 9,927 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 01:28 AM

Hated:

1. Giants: No contest. Especially when we had our own fans rooting for them to win the last 2 super bowls.

2. Cowboys: 'Nuff said.

3. Eagles: 'Nuff said.

4. Seahawks: Who knocked the Skins out of the playoffs the last 3 times?

5. Colts: I want to see Andrew Luck bust.

Okay with:

Anybody playing the above 5.

#9 MusicCitySkin

MusicCitySkin

The Rookie

• Members
  • 1,305 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 01:57 AM

1. Seahawks

2. Eagles

3. Giants

4. Cowboys

5. 49ers

#10 Diehard Otis

Diehard Otis

The Benchwarmer

• Members
  • 593 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 03:55 AM

Fun topic.  Ok, my list:

5. Detroit Lions - They are the worst football program in the NFL's history.  The worst.  We should never lose to them, period.  I don't so much hate them, it's just...they are inferior.  Washington should never lose to Detroit ever again.

4. Seattle Seahawks - How is it we keep losing to these guys?  They're overrated, and they think they're one of the Big Boys now.  I do not like them at all.

3. San Francisco 49ers - Can't stand em.  Let's see how hot **** they are now that there are no cupcake mail-it-in Wins in their Division.  I reeeeally wanna beat their ass into leather!

2. New England Patriots - I respect, hell I even like Tom Brady, but I HATE Bill Belichick & everything he represents.  I will not forgive Belichick for running up the score on Joe Gibbs in Foxboro.  Never.

1. The HATED Rival - Red vs blue, Good vs evil, Indians vs cowboys.  However you put it; they are the arch-Arch-ARCH Rival.  Beat the Godless, savage heathen at all costs!

*NOTE: Without a doubt I hate new york--philly too.  Those are Division rivals, so in my mind, it goes without sayin.  **** em (for the record).

Now the teams I don't mind?  Hell, there are plenty.  But I only cheer The Washington Redskins.

Edited by MD2ATLdiehard, 30 August 2013 - 04:01 AM.

#11 RG3Hunna

RG3Hunna

The Special Teams Ace

• Members
  • 2,230 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 04:13 AM

1. Seahawks

2. Cowboys

3.Giants

4.Eagles

5. Colts 

#12 Gibbs Hog Heaven

Gibbs Hog Heaven

Ring of Fame

• Members
  • 21,992 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 06:21 AM

1. Giants- After the last two years underhand, gutless B/S from New Jersey's (not so) finest no more needs saying. **** Mara! Sideways. With a very blunt implement! 

2. Seahawks- Low life classless fan base. What they spouted after #21's tragic passing will NEVER be forgotten. 

3. Raiders- January 22, 1984. They made a 9 year old GHH cry. One day, I WILL catch up with Marcus Allen. And there WILL be blood. It tops my bucket list!

4. Eagles- Low life classless fan base and divisional rival. 

5. Patriots- You run the score up on Saint Joe like he's some wet behind the ears HS coach, you make an enemy for LIFE!

Now for the explanation on the very noticeable exception. I don't hate them I don't like them in any stretch or form. And they're the team I want to beat above all others every year. Even if we only win 2 games I want it be against them. I dislike them. But I don't hate them. 

Whether it's a mellowing with age. Whether it's being the deepest I've ever been involved with anyone, a gal' from the panhandle who's big State pride and love for them kinda' grew on me. Whether it's, through her family connections, spending the most fascinating day at former 'Bama Coach Stallings Paris home and hearing some awesome story's about the time he was on Coach Landry's staff and his absolute unadulterated hatred he has for Jerruh after the piss poor, low life way he treated that great man, let alone Coach I don't know. 

But as I sat down to think about this, I can honestly say I can't put them in a list of teams I 'hate.' Heavily dislike. But not hate. 

So sue me.  :P

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven, 28 March 2014 - 09:06 PM.

• Glenn X and TD Riggo like this

#13 LetThePointsSoar

LetThePointsSoar

The Backup

• Members
  • 2,294 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 06:37 AM

1. Cowboys - nothing could, nor will, ever replace the utter disgust I have for everything with that God awful star. It's reprehensible.
2. Seahawks - becoming a very close second quickly. Their fan base is classless, their team cheats and gets away with it, they play dirty, and they actually think they're a better team, even though we beat the **** out of them in the playoffs game. I think we won't even see them this season, and it makes me sad, because their sorry asses are going to be at home watching the playoffs this season during our title run.
3. Giants - **** you, Mara.
4. Eagles - although they're insignificant, and have a wonderfully spacious trophy case.
5. Anybody we happen to be playing during the week.
  • Califan007 likes this

#14 skinsfan1523

skinsfan1523

The Rookie

• Members
  • 1,829 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 06:56 AM

Giants
Cowboys
Seahawks
Eagles
Steelers - I know too many of these fairweather fans
  • mike42 likes this

#15 Koolblue13

Koolblue13

The Run Stopper

• Members
  • 7,553 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 07:01 AM

The Cowboys and Giants for sure. I always had a soft spot for the Eagles, until they signed Vick. I have grown into a seriously comfortable dislike of them now. Seahawks I can't stand either, for plenty of reasons.

I don't think there are any other teams I can say that about. I'm pretty unhappy with the Rams lately, but it's hardly a hate thing.

#16 Gibbs Hog Heaven

Gibbs Hog Heaven

Ring of Fame

• Members
  • 21,992 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 07:06 AM

I dedicate this song to the Mara's...all of them, young and old, passed and yet to be born.

Dunno' man. Rooney washes up quite well. I'll give her a pass. 

Hail. 

• Painkiller likes this

#17 WarpathHitchhiker

WarpathHitchhiker

The Special Teams Ace

• Banned
  • 350 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 07:19 AM

1.Cowboys

2. Eagles

3. Giants

4. Steelers

5. Cowboys.

It's going to hurt my soul if I go to Dallas and we lose that game on Oct 13.

If I'm going to pick a couple teams I don't mind seeing win:

1.) Chiefs

2.) Dolphins

No real rhyme or reason to these selections, just think they're all right by me. 

#18 postong

postong

The Benchwarmer

• Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 07:20 AM

1a. Cowboys - I don't think they'll ever be supplanted as my most hated team. I can't stand them, their fans, hearing about how good they'll be every offseason etc.

1b. Seahawks - after our past three playoff appearances, Richard Sherman's antics and people trying to compare (or even insinuate that he is better) Russell Wilson to RG3, this team has shot up my board from 5 or so.

3. Giants - Mara, coughlin, being the team representing the people of NYC, etc

4. Eagles - filthy Philadelphia. Trashiest fans in any sport anywhere in the world.

5. Steelers - have never liked them, but no major reason. There are just so many damn random steelers fans here in Hampton Roads it makes me not like them.

Teams I root for when not playing the Skins:

Carolina Panthers - grew up in NC and went to some games.

#19 Tommy-the-Greek

Tommy-the-Greek

The Cover Corner

• Members
  • 5,489 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 07:33 AM

1) Cowboys - When I was born and the Dr. slapped me on the butt, I screamed out HTTR and the Cowboys S**K.

2) 49ers - If this team had to play our schedule in the 80's they would have been lucky to make it to a super bowl.

3) Raiders - That Super Bowl loss still hurts.

4) Seahawks - This team and it's fan base deserves a smackdown.

5) Eagles/Giants - I didn't really hate the Reid Eagles but I did hate the Ryan Eagles. I just hate most of their fan base. The Giants have been on my list since LT broke Joey T's leg and when they beat us 3x's in a single season. I have nothing against their fans. The only team on this list I can say that about.

#20 SWFLSkins

SWFLSkins

Ring of Fame

• Members
  • 18,384 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 07:47 AM

Cowboys, Eagles, Giants, Seahawks and Ravens.

Absolutely and almost in order for me, I would rank the Seahags and Ginots even at 2. 

#21 Morneblade

Morneblade

The Cover Corner

• Members
  • 5,375 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 07:51 AM

1. Cowboys. No other reason needed

2. Eagles. Actually used to like the team back in the 70's and early 80's Back when Vermeil was coaching them. Then Ryan came to town. And their fans suck.

3. Ravens. I hate everything about them.

4. Mara

4b. Seahawks. Very similar to the Eagles. They were a team I liked back in the 80's when Chuck Knox was coaching them. Now we have Carroll, crappy fans and a bunch of egotistical cheaters.

5. Pats.

#22 perez24

perez24

The Waterboy

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 08:00 AM

1. Eagles.  Hated the uniforms, hated Harold Carmichael (not sure why), hated the fans all my life.

2. Seahawks.  Former part-time Raiders fan and let's face it, they and their fans are just the worst examples of bipedal quasi-mammals without feathers that you will find on earth or any planet.

3. Giants.  Grew up hating the St. Louis/Arizona Cardinals and their fans.  Giants v StL was always a win for StL, which would then cause the idiot StL fans and sportswriters to think they were bound for the playoffs until the Redskins or Cowboys slapped them back into reality...hard.

4.  Chiefs.  Former part-time Raiders fan.

5a.  Patriots.  I like to watch them lose...it just doesn't happen enough.

5b.  Cowboys.  The only reason they aren't the worst fans in the world is because there are Seahawks fans.  National media coverage of them is the most slobbering of any in the NFL.  Believe it or not, the hatred for the Cowboys in StL when the Cardinals were there was almost as palable as it is here.  The Cardinals just never really had a chance to beat them. 

Edited by perez24, 30 August 2013 - 08:02 AM.

#23 ouvan59

ouvan59

The Heavy Hitter

• Members
  • 7,824 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 08:10 AM

1. Cowboys - Nobody else is even close.

2. Giants - The Eagles used to be here but Mara and his puppet Goodell's antics have thrust them up the ladder.

3. Eagles - Andre Waters, Buddy Ryan, etc.  I do love their trophy case though.

4. Seahawks - Punks

5. Ravens - Familiarity breeds contempt. Hate bandwagon fans.

#24 redskins4ever28

redskins4ever28

The Special Teams Ace

• Members
  • 723 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 08:13 AM

1)Cowboys -  I am surprised to see even 10% of the replys not have the Cowgirls at the #1 most hated.  If we lose 14 games in a year, I wouldnt consider it a failure as long as we beat the Cowgirls twice.  I cant stand them, dont ever wish good for them, and honestly, I get sick when I see that ugly star.

2)Eagles/Giants tie - Both division rivals, I hate them both equally, I HATED McNabb, like seriously couldnt stand him.  When he came to the Skins, I cried, I knew he was going to bust cause he has no heart.  And I hate the Giants mainly cause of Mara.
3)Steelers - I live in Altoona, PA, Steeler country, so I have to consistently put up with stupid western PA hicks who pretend they care about football, but when the Steelers suck, no one even watches the games, they are ALL fair weather fans.

4)Seahawks - Past 3 playoff appearences, and, not only that, but their fans are complete a-holes.  Did you guys see the report saying Seattle will now have a ton of undercover cops in plain clothes at games due to fan violence and harassment?  Pete Carroll sucks too, hes just been getting lucky with his picks and has a good gm.

I dont have another team I hate that bad, and since Eagles and Giants are 2 diff teams, thats my top 5. 

I dont root for any other teams, but I do enjoy watching certain players.  I LOVE watching Aaron Rodgers, I still think back to that draft day and how he was 1 pick away from being a Redskin.  I also, even though I hate the Pats, love watching Brady.  Im just a big fan of the QB position so I respect the guys who play it well.  Rodgers, Brady, Manning (who is probably the smartest game QB ever), Brees, etc;  I enjoy watching all those guys, but do I like their teams?  No, I hate pretty much every other team in the NFL.

#25 Laron Burgundy

Laron Burgundy

The Dirtbags

• Members
  • 3,255 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 08:45 AM

Seahawks easily make it, they've ended our playoff runs 3 times in a row now. Beyond that, they are so unbelievably over-hyped.

Cowboys because of course. Another over-hyped team.

Personally hate the Jets, but now I almost feel guily to still root against them. Though I loved that they drafted Geno because I thought Geno was not a good prospect, and here they are. Many more years of mediocrity ahead unless they get bridgewater next year.

Hate the Saints. Just can't stand how smug Payton is and I feel like his whole "coaching genius" is completely on Brees bailing him out of his own idiocy. We'll see how great a coach he is when he isn't gift wrapped an all-pro qb. Plus we're 3-1 against them since Payton and we should be 4-0 if it weren't for some bs calls (which they got their entire superbowl run) and a missed 20 yard fg.

And finally the Colts. Didn't really hate them until recently, but this whole "Luck took a 2 win team to the playoffs!" mess just annoys me. First off, this wasn't a 2 win roster, they gave up on 2011. Secondly, only team ever to be outscored and yet have double digit wins, and all this against a baby soft schedule. This hate will probably only last a year, but hearing about them last year just annoyed me to no end. Another over-hyped team.

#26 Diehard Otis

Diehard Otis

The Benchwarmer

• Members
  • 593 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 08:48 AM

Oh yeah.  Regarding the division: 

--The Giants can suck on the hog.  Damn right I hate them ****s!  I looooove how U-min-your-ra talked **** last pre-season about RGIII & then when they saw him play up close their whole team was fighting each other to suck his ****. HAH!!!

--The Eagles are just worthless.  Truth is, I never have really taken em that seriously cause they've never WON anything!  Never. I mean c'mon, multiple Lombardi Trophies are the dues you pay for NFC East membership (that's why the Cards got banished out west right?). [Sigh] I guess they got grandfathered in.  So therefore, I don't hate em.  I just don't respect em.

That said, I want the Skins to ruthlessly rule the Division and force the rivals to kneel before us in shame.  Then for entertainment, dole out 100 stripes to The Hated Rival's backside for being....well, just for being.  AND THEN dominate the entire league remorselessly.  But I want to control the Division 1st.

• Gibbs Hog Heaven likes this

#27 paloosa

paloosa

The Backup

• Members
  • 2,352 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 08:54 AM

How is this Redskins related when the OP is a Packer fan? His list is all about the NFC North and mentions how he does not mind seeing us do well. I think this should be in the Arounf the NFL thread. But my most hated teams would be:

1. Cowgirls
2. Giants
3. Eagles
4. Patriots- Cheaters
5. Bears
Teams I don't mind doing well is :Steelers because they are class organization. Everyone else is not even in consideration.

#28 ZRagone

ZRagone

The Rookie

• Members
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 08:54 AM

Three ways to look at this.

In reality, there's ONE most hated team. That's the Cowboys. Done. End. Fin.

Then you can look at this list. In general, I think there's 5 slots with 1 through 4 being able to be shifted at any given moment

1. Dallas - look above

2. Philly - Division rival, HORRIBLE fan base

3. New York - Division rival, now has more lombardi's than us

4. Ravens - Regional rival, fan base IRRITATES to no end

5. Rotational - Basically changes every few years based on circumstances

For example, for a while there we were playing the Buc's a TON in the regular and post season and had a bit of a rivalry dust up with them. Currently the beef is with Seattle after our past playoff losses and the fan bases being VERY upset with each other due to back and forth warring over our QB's.

At this moment I'd actually put the order as:

1. Dallas

2. New York - Largely because of Jon Mara and the damn cap penalty

3. Seattle - Booted us from the playoff 3 times, reported issues between their fans and ours over Sean Taylor stuff, the whole Wilson/RG3 thing

4. Philly - almost by default

5. Ravens - Freaking ravens....

A close 5a would be the Steelers, but I leave them off because it's almost entirely due to their fans rather than the organization or some other connection

• SkinSabbath likes this

#29 MLSKINS

MLSKINS

Don't Taze Me Bro

• Members
  • 7,810 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 08:56 AM

1.Cowboys (Because of their fans)

2.Seattle (I can't say how I feel about them)

3.Giants

4.Eagles

5.Ravens

#30 Laron Burgundy

Laron Burgundy

The Dirtbags

• Members
  • 3,255 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 09:01 AM

And as far as other teams I like to see do well I'd go with Lions, Texans, and Bills. Big cj2k fan but I just can't like the Titans. I hope he runs for another 2k but Locker struggles passing for that much.

#31 Gibbs Hog Heaven

Gibbs Hog Heaven

Ring of Fame

• Members
  • 21,992 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 09:03 AM

I appear to be the only one who doesn't hate Dallas.

This is giving my worrying pause. 

Hail. 

#32 skinfan57

skinfan57

The Benchwarmer

• Members
  • 393 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 09:04 AM

1. Cowboys - a long rivalry that I can't let go of.

2. Giants - **** Mara

3. Eagles - asshole fans and Buddy Ryan

4. Seahags - their fans suck, they cheat and keep knocking us out of the playoffs

5. Patriots - they're cheaters and ran the score up on Gibbs.

I don't mind any team that beats the ones above.

• skinsmania123 likes this

#33 Vanguard

Vanguard

The Benchwarmer

• Members
  • 174 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 09:06 AM

The Cowboys have to be number one, it's a given.

#34 Laron Burgundy

Laron Burgundy

The Dirtbags

• Members
  • 3,255 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 09:08 AM

I appear to be the only one who doesn't hate Dallas.

This is giving my worrying pause. 

Hail.

With all our team's history I feel like hating dallas is almost more of a sign of a skins fan than actually cheering for the skins! I gotta ask, why NOT hate on them?
  • warskins65 likes this

#35 Gibbs Hog Heaven

Gibbs Hog Heaven

Ring of Fame

• Members
  • 21,992 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 09:10 AM

With all our team's history I feel like hating dallas is almost more of a sign of a skins fan than actually cheering for the skins! I gotta ask, why NOT hate on them?

See post 12. It's the best explanation I got. Shrugs. 

Hail. 

#36 TheBlueIndian

TheBlueIndian

The Waterboy

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 09:40 AM

1. Cowboys -  Everything about them and their fans is pure garbage. I think I heard Doc say once that their fanbase was comprised of the lowest life forms on the planet.....I concur, utter garbage

1a. Cowboys -  utter garbage

2. Filtydelphia - city of bodily harm.. wasn't it those guys who beat up Chief Zee yeah they blow too....

3. Giants - Mara,Tiki, Megget, Shockey, Hilliard, the list goes on forever

4. Seattle

5. San Fran

a clean sweep this year would be would be satisfying

• skinsmania123 likes this

#37 HateYanksDukeCowboys

HateYanksDukeCowboys

The Dirtbags

• Members
  • 1,624 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 09:48 AM

For me to properly gauge my hatred, I have to think about how nauseating they are and how their fanbases are when they are winning and good enough to take the division/go far in the playoffs.

1.  Cowboys

2.  Tie b/t Giants and Eagles.  I hate them both so much and so equally it's impossible to rank one higher than the other.  Remember how utterly obnoxious the Eagles and their fans were when they were a virtual lock to win the division during the Redi/McNabb years?

4.  Steelers.  Everything about them and their fanbase is putrid.

5.  Right now it's the 49ers, but that will change when they're not good again.

I guess I sort of root for the Bengals b/c I have a bunch of friends from school who are from that area.

#38 Henry

Henry

Ring of Fame

• Members
  • 15,243 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 09:53 AM

Here's my post on this topic from another board:

1. Dallas
1a. Giants. Honestly, Dallas at #1 right now is mostly honorary. I just can't bear to move them down to second. The Giants have really earned that top spot. Anyone who knows me will tell you I am very slow to anger but when I do I really really mean it. I will never let this go. I will never forgive the Giants. Never.

2. Eagles. Their fans are the worst. The absolute worst.
3. Ravens. You're not the Redskins. Get over it. Oh, and Ray Lewis.
4. Seahawks. Seattle has skyrocketed up the charts. Rarely has a team that has done so little expected so much from so many.

5. Steelers. Eh. I don't really hate them, though Rooney was almost as instrumental as Lurie and Mara in bringing down the Cap Hammer upon us, but their fans ... I swear to All That Is Holy. Stop acting like you're God's gift to fandom. You aren't the biggest and best fans in the universe. Just the most spoiled. No group of fans has had an easier 40 years of it than you. Watch your team lose for a couple decades and then crow about your awesome loyalty. 
6. Colts. They just had a decade of Peyton Manning and they manage to suck JUST at the right time and land Luck. I got nothing against Luck but I hope he sucks. No team deserves two elite QBs back-to-back. Not after sucking for only one season. That, and I'm sick of hearing about how awesome Luck is when he's not all that awesome yet. Just because he plays for the Colts and threw a lot of INTs his rookie year doesn't automatically make him Peyton Manning.
7. Jets. Moved down the list for sucking, but they were Seattle a couple years ago. Still sick of hearing about a team of such little significance. Still hate their head coach.

8. 49ers ... I'm actually pretty mellow about San Fran but the Kaepernick/Harbaugh combo is starting to wear me down. Besides, they've won enough superbowls for awhile. Go away.
9. Patriots. I guess ... but honestly I don't think about them all that much other than for the fact that 'the Patriots do it this way so we should too' never seems to go out of style. Sorry but what the Patriots do is start Tom Brady at QB.

Anything after the NFC East and the Ravens is fairly temporary. Who's good, who's obnoxious ... that sort of thing. The top four is pretty much set in stone. For the Giants to have been able to move at all is a pretty big deal. For them to challenge the Cowboys ... well. I never thought ANY team would ever do that.

#39 Khun Kao

Khun Kao

The Playmaker

• Members
  • 3,280 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 10:05 AM

In this order:

1. Cowboys - old traditions die hard.  

2. Giants - John Mara makes a case for #1

3. Eagles - Their fans are jerks, and they're a division rival

4. Seahawks - Philadelphia West.  They have derailed our last 3 playoff appearances.  I HATE THEM!

5. Rams - We've played them a lot over recent years, so I'm starting to not like them

#40 GibbsFactor

GibbsFactor

The Bruiser

• Members
  • 6,226 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 10:06 AM

1.  Cowboys

2.  Giants

3.  Eagles

4.  Giants

5.  Cowboys.

0 user(s) are reading this topic