Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

10 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I mean let's be honest, all of this is unprecedented, right? And I'm not talking about the winning, records and titles. 5 or more MASSIVE egos, coexisting for this long? Everyone on my team save for Wade pretty much wanted to Joffry LeBron by 2014 (he obviously got the last laugh by leaving Riles flat footed and killing Bosh's blood cells).

Jordan's cult like aura probably held Chicago together, but I doubt they liked him either. Kobe/Shaq, nuff said, '00s Boston, nuff said. 

These things are inevitable. The fact that it takes this long for major stuff to start coming out is medal worthy. It's  not supposed to last, and they always end one way or another.

They'll be fine for this year at least, but it does not shock me at all, that all is not swell in paradise as we may have been led to believe. 

John Wall, Bradley Beal, Otto porter. 

Your right. Examples are everywhere lol

Ok I'm going to bed 

23 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I mean let's be honest, all of this is unprecedented, right? And I'm not talking about the winning, records and titles. 5 or more MASSIVE egos, coexisting for this long? Everyone on my team save for Wade pretty much wanted to Joffry LeBron by 2014 (he obviously got the last laugh by leaving Riles flat footed and killing Bosh's blood cells).

Jordan's cult like aura probably held Chicago together, but I doubt they liked him either. Kobe/Shaq, nuff said, '00s Boston, nuff said. 

These things are inevitable. The fact that it takes this long for major stuff to start coming out is medal worthy. It's  not supposed to last, and they always end one way or another.

They'll be fine for this year at least, but it does not shock me at all, that all is not swell in paradise as we may have been led to believe. 

It is a little different in that you appear to have a player that is very less good openly calling out the better player in the locker room.

This isn't Magic vs. Kareem early in their careers.  This isn't Shaq vs. Kobe once Kobe established himself.  This isn't a aging Ray Allen vs. Rondo.

The other players in the Bulls locker room didn't like Jordan, and they might grumbled amongst one another about him being a jerk, but I don't think they ever called out his contract status or the things he did in terms of quitting and coming back in the locker room.

It would be one thing if it was Durant vs. Curry or Durant vs. Thompson, but that's not the case.

37 minutes ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

looney is stupid, tips the ball when he could of just controlled the rebound. 

Did Curry take the team's IQ with him too? Jesus, just dumb basketball. 

But did Durant get the ball when he clapped for it?  That’s what matters.  

• Haha 1

Wizards get rid of Wall before Ernie I am seriously consider becoming an agnostic NBA fan until Ernie is gone.  It's one thing to stand by your team, its another when there's secret extension going on, I don't want to keep attaching my heart to something corrupt as that, I just really like Wall and DC has a basketball team.  Probably the only thing that gives me hope is that 4 of the 5 teams our owner has went to the finals this year, its not like he doesn't know how to do it, he just refuses to.

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

He won't sign an extension with us with Ernie still here, he hates him much as we do.

Of course he won't.  Durant would be a 30 million dollar expiring.  Oddly enough, we're the ones who say no in this scenario.  Also, I think Durant has to consent to the trade.  But it'd be a fun season if it did happen.

5 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Of course he won't.  Durant would be a 30 million dollar expiring.  Oddly enough, we're the ones who say no in this scenario.  Also, I think Durant has to consent to the trade.  But it'd be a fun season if it did happen.

What if Ernie and Scott get fired and Beal still wants out?

Related image

Durant says "Okay, lets talk", I say we talk, even its sign and trade at end of the year with Klay leaving.  This would not have high odds of happening, though not impossible either.

Edited by Renegade7

Bottom line, if the Warriors think Durant is going to walk this summer, then their best possible move is to trade him for an All Star player who they think they can extend, or to trade him for one who is on a multi-year deal.  They won't have any cap space this summer without releasing their hold on Klay Thompson, which they won't do.  Otherwise Durant walks for nothing and they don't have the cap space to sign anyone and they're stuck with a massively expensive Steph Curry and Klay Thompson and a rapidly aging Iggy and Draymond as their team moving forward.  Trading Durant to a dead end East team for a season keeps him from threatening you in the postseason and doing it for a perennial All Star means they're still trotting out an AS game line up.  Plus Wall is boys with Cousins so you improve your chances of keeping him this summer too.

Wall + ballast (Keef Morris) for Durant is actually a sneaky brilliant trade for the Warriors.  It's a bad trade for the Wizards though because you have to get draft picks in exchange for dealing Wall.  Cap relief and a fun midseed season isn't enough to make it worth our while.  We need assets to rebuild with.

1 minute ago, Kosher Ham said:

Still looking at40 wins or so. 

Entirely possible if we don't stop snapping at each other or bring someone in that can draw up plays and coach defense properly.  It's like we're waiting for a "Let Them Eat Cake" moment in DC right now, Ernie says the wrong thing, think it will finally draw the national attention he deserves.