Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

I love watching Wall play but Im not sure the team can reach any higher than it already has under him. 

A talking head made a good point, Wall is always either looking for his own shot or looking to be the guy to make the final pass. He doesnt look to make the hockey equivalent of a secondary assist.  

“Nah, I didn’t delete it,” Wall said. “Somebody else deleted it for me. I stand by what I say. It was funny when I put ‘laugh out loud’ because … it was just the way he put the ‘team’ in the little [quotation] marks, and I’m like, ‘Whoa.’ But it is what it is, everybody has their own opinions, they say what they say. I know what I do and what I bring to a team. I know I’m a team player, I average almost 10 assists a game, I’m very prideful in finding my teammates and getting these guys easy shots. It was more just shocking to hear it from [Gortat] and understanding that he gets the most assists from me and the most spoon-fed baskets ever.”

Its like Wall cant see the slight difference between ball movement and collecting assist stats. Yeah you get 10 assists in a game but its because you are looking to be the guy who gets the assist instead of moving the ball around.

Holding the ball, trying to break your defender down then driving and putting it up or dishing it off is not team ball movement. There is nothing wrong with this, this is probably how a majority of NBA possessions go but if its all you do ... you better be James Harden with it.  

They didn't even talk to him about it?  Man this organization is a disgrace.  Why would they alienate a good young player in a year where it was painfully obvious the team wasn't a contender?  Makes me wonder if the move wasn't at least in part to placate John Wall.

So how many Wizards players are now angry?  Gortat, obviously.  I think Wall's little diatribe of guys not asking for roles they aren't built for was targeted at Otto.  Now Sato.  I wonder how bad the locker room can get before the team implodes.

23 minutes ago, Destino said:

They didn't even talk to him about it?  Man this organization is a disgrace.  Why would they alienate a good young player in a year where it was painfully obvious the team wasn't a contender?  Makes me wonder if the move wasn't at least in part to placate John Wall.

So how many Wizards players are now angry?  Gortat, obviously.  I think Wall's little diatribe of guys not asking for roles they aren't built for was targeted at Otto.  Now Sato.  I wonder how bad the locker room can get before the team implodes.

John is actually one of Sato's biggest boosters.

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH

I like his offensive skills but he doesn't look vertically explosive and he doesn't have long arms.  I wish he was stronger too.  We're still waiting for Otto to get his man strength.

But pure shooting like that translates. 

And the pickings probably won't be great 15 either.

Honestly, forget all that political non-sense... Coming here might be his easiest path at beating Golden State.

He's not going back with Kyrie.
I just don't think he would work well in Philly with Simmons.

Portland is probably his best fit, maybe Houston second... Just don't know if going to the Western Conference with the Warriors is a good idea.

Wall and Beal could carry LeBron during the season...

Here's why all of this is wishful thinking though:
grunfeld924.jpg