Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NCAA Football 2010 Week 1: Boise St vs VT tonight (discussion here)

SkinsHokieFan

Yeah Crowton is probably the most hated man in Baton Rouge, but nobody really knows if Miles is over-riding his play-calling or not. 2011 is going to be the title run year, but as time goes on it looks more and more like 07 was just a "everything go our way." Pretty much every time Miles has gambled since then has backfired on him. And while LSU might be equal to UGA currently, UGA didn't knock down two titles when they had a chance to.

I'm hoping FSU gets their **** together. I'm going to the UMD-FSU game this year. Hopefully they're ranked and taking names in the ACC later this year. Oh and I hope Boise St takes down Tech so it shuts up that fanbase.

People should read this poll by Joe Giglio and learn that this is NOT how you choose teams. Either he's trying to be a smartass by picking teams like this, he doesn't know enough about the game, or he's just plain lazy. Any way you put it, this guy should be stripped of his voting rights. Seriously.

/rant

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/external/onlinenews.ap.org/top25/index.php?SITE=AP&name=GIGLIO

People should read this poll by Joe Giglio and learn that this is NOT how you choose teams. Either he's trying to be a smartass by picking teams like this, he doesn't know enough about the game, or he's just plain lazy. Any way you put it, this guy should be stripped of his voting rights. Seriously.

/rant

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/external/onlinenews.ap.org/top25/index.php?SITE=AP&name=GIGLIO

Auburn @ #7!?!?

he must be high.

Yeah Crowton is probably the most hated man in Baton Rouge, but nobody really knows if Miles is over-riding his play-calling or not. 2011 is going to be the title run year, but as time goes on it looks more and more like 07 was just a "everything go our way." Pretty much every time Miles has gambled since then has backfired on him. And while LSU might be equal to UGA currently, UGA didn't knock down two titles when they had a chance to.

I'm hoping FSU gets their **** together. I'm going to the UMD-FSU game this year. Hopefully they're ranked and taking names in the ACC later this year. Oh and I hope Boise St takes down Tech so it shuts up that fanbase.

I would suggest reading this site if you don't already:

http://www.andthevalleyshook.com/

Easily one of the most well-written and informative college football blogs on the internet, and it has a lot of good SEC stuff (as well as mostly LSU information).

/rant

That's the worst poll I could imagine someone making.

I'd really love to hear his reasoning behind those picks.

I would suggest reading this site if you don't already:

http://www.andthevalleyshook.com/

Easily one of the most well-written and informative college football blogs on the internet, and it has a lot of good SEC stuff (as well as mostly LSU information).

That's the worst poll I could imagine someone making.

I'd really love to hear his reasoning behind those picks.

The AP poll has turned into "which team has the most talent with the easiest schedule"

Its the reason why Big East teams were highly ranked a few years ago in the top 5

Looking at pollspeak, Giglio is definitely the biggest idiot this year when it comes to the polls.

http://www.pollspeak.com/pollstalker/pollstalker.php?r=F&s=13&p=26&w=1&t1=0&t2=0&v=0

I would just like to hear his reasoning. Is he trying to prove some kind of point or what?

The AP poll has turned into "which team has the most talent with the easiest schedule"

Well, I know you already know this but rankings are such a joke to create this early in the season anyway. By Week 4 or 5, ok, let's see where everyone stacks up. By preseason? What's the point?

The best system I've seen for that is one that's used often on the SBNation.com blogs, where the teams are put into different tiers before the rankings shake out.

For example, this is how they did it at Tomahawk Nation (which, on a side note, should be required reading for any ACC fans- Gobbler Country, BC Interruption, and Shakin The Southland are also all fantastic reads to keep up on the conference and general college football too):

40144519.jpg

It's not perfect rankings obviously (Wisconsin should be higher, and USC and Texas should possibly be swapped), but that's not really the point. It's just a way to generalize where the perceived top 25 teams should rank against each other, without getting too specific and putting them in subjective numerical order.

BOOOOOOOOM.

LSU is going to bring the noise against UNC in two weekends. I see LSU finishing anywhere from 10-2 to 8-4 this year. Boom or bust. I guarantee this though, they will defeat Bama or Florida this year. But they'll also probably drop a game to Auburn or Arkansas.

Vegas just pulled the LSU/UNC off the board.

I would say suspensions are immenient.

10. Virginia Tech: I'm really tired of this team being a "dark horse" national title contender. Pencil them in for 10 boring-as-**** wins and a forgettable bowl victory and let's never speak of them again. Know why every analyst creams his jeans watching your special teams? Because watching your offense is like trying to watch two fat people butt**** without lubricant.

So NSFW language.

Still funny as hell.

Vegas just pulled the LSU/UNC off the board.

I would say suspensions are immenient.

From Joe Schad's Twitter:

The tutor in the middle of UNC's academic impropriety allegations was also Butch Davis' nanny

I do not believe that any UNC players will be suspended as of tonight; I believe the school will let the investigations run course

Among the players involved in UNC's tutor investigation: Marvin Austin, Bruce Carter and Robert Quinn

Butch Davis' woes leading into the LSU game are now critical in nature

Marvin Austin has said that Vontae Davis helped fund some of his South Florida expenditures

They've also self-reported serious academic violations today, which include up to 9 starting players being involved.

Some UNC reporters are already talking about "institutional control" being an issue.

Talk about going from bad to worse. I was actually pretty interested to see how UNC would do this year with that defense.

Shouldn't VPI be top 5 then?

The OOC schedule, other than Boise State, is JMU, ECU, and Central Michigan.

The November stretch is bruuuutal

Home vs GT. At UNC at Miami

Although UNC, if rumors hold true, may not be the team we thought they were going to be

Its not quite the BE circa 2006 :) (or hell the ACC 2006 for that matter)

Archived