Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NCAA Football 2010 Week 1: Boise St vs VT tonight (discussion here)

SkinsHokieFan

Anyway

I'm going to repeat the prediction game I started in the Random Thoughts thread and ask you all for conference season predictions since college football is 20 days away (according to MGoBlog™)

ACC VT

B10 OSU

BE Pitt

B12 Nebraska?

PAC 10 Stanford?

SEC Alabama

Don't recognize other conferences

Your turn

=============

In a related topic some dude simulated this season 25 times in NCAA 11

Resultants

acc.gif

big-10.gif

big-east.gif

pac-10.gif

Lot more here http://jockpost.com/ea-sports-ncaa-football-2011-conference-simulation-percentages-pie-charts/

Then hired as the Bucs Offensive Coordinator...and quickly fired.

In some ways it's good he's gone, the teams after the Jagodzinski era haven't really been terrifying

In fact the last incarnation of the team was walloped at Lane Stadium in comical fashion

In some ways it's good he's gone, the teams after the Jagodzinski era haven't really been terrifying

In fact the last incarnation of the team was walloped at Lane Stadium in comical fashion

I loved every second of that game. I stayed the entire time and just relished the beat down even after quite a few of my friends had left to go tailgate some more.

As for conference predictions...I'll get back to you. I have to think on it, but yours look pretty good.

Anyway

I'm going to repeat the prediction game I started in the Random Thoughts thread and ask you all for conference season predictions since college football is 20 days away (according to MGoBlog™)

ACC VT

B10 OSU

BE Pitt

B12 Nebraska?

PAC 10 Stanford?

SEC Alabama

Don't recognize other conferences

OU is the best team in the Big 12 this year. Book it.

What about Jagodzinski

A successful BC coach being fired because he interviewed with the Jets

Good job, boss

I'll never forgive the administration for how that went down. Ever.

Then hired as the Bucs Offensive Coordinator...and quickly fired.

Don't pin that on Jags. The Bucs had already done that once and the Raheem Morris era has been a joke.

Our current coach, Frank Spaziani, was Tom O'Brien's longtime defensive coordinator and coaches in much the same way. It's infuriating. Spaz is more likable because he's been at BC forever and the players honestly love him, but from a gameday coaching standpoint I want to tie him up and lock him inside the team bus. When we play NC State, it's like a special vortex of Playing to Not Lose surrounds the stadium. I'm genuinely surprised that both coaching staffs don't keep trying to outdo each other until the game is nothing more than a parade of max protect punts on first down, so as to not risk a turnover and to "win the field position battle."

(No, this doesn't conflict with my earlier comments about BC being a dark horse in the ACC. Luckily for my sanity, we're at least built to be a fantastic Play to Not Lose team. A strong defense and dominant, punch-you-in-the-mouth running game will give this coaching staff the chance to challenge for the division. I'll just be yelling and screaming along the way every time we punt from the opponent's 39 yard line on fourth and a foot, or run a draw on third and 11, or run the same goddamn 4-3 soft zone 47 times in a row as Spaz adopts his patented "What are these 'halftime adjustments' you speak of?" face.

You might say I get a teensy bit frustrated most Saturdays.)

I'm the biggest Ohio State hater on here, but I can't understand the hate because of how the media ranks them. OSU can't help that the media looks at 'em on paper and says they're "this" good.

I'll be honest, I don't know anything about most teams outside of the BigTen OTHER THAN what I read in the media. And I think this is true for 95% of people. OSU is a good team that's better coached, better managed, better funded, has better recruits than, ARGUABLY, 21 of the 25 teams on that poll.

Ohio State averages double digit wins every year and regularly goes to the BCS. They're not who I think of when I think of overrated college football teams. Overrated are teams like Clemson, Ole Miss, Missouri, etc. who for whatever reason start the season highly ranked and time and time again collapse.

Overrated are teams like Clemson, Ole Miss, Missouri, etc. who for whatever reason start the season highly ranked and time and time again collapse.

Did somebody say Notre Dame? I could have sworn that I just heard somebody say Notre Dame.

I doubt that. Oklahoma's offense is much better than Texas. Oklahoma rolls this year to the Big 12 title game.

Basically, yeah.

OU would've probably won the Big 12 last year if Bradford and Gresham hadn't both gotten hurt.

Gilbert will be a good one soon enough, but Landry Jones started almost all of last year and threw for over 3,000 yards and 26 TDs. It's not like they're breaking in anyone new on offense. And their o-line should be a lot more settled this year than it was entering the season last year.

Jeff Luc might help the Noles defense!

Jeff Luc is a man beast:

lucnessmonstero.gif

The 2012 FSU starting defense will feature:

Jeff Luc and Christian Jones (another 5 star recruit) at LB (and maybe James Wilder depending on how the RB thing pans out), with a secondary made up of Greg Reid:

gregreid15.jpg

And LaMarcus Joyner (another 5 star recruit) at CB, and 2011 5 star safety recruit Karlos Williams at safety.

Did I mention that the all-5 star secondary will be coached by Mark Stoops, the same guy who coached Sean Taylor, Antrel Rolle, and Ed Reed at UM? And Antoine Cason at Arizona?

Reid won't be in the NFL in 2012?

D'oh. I actually meant 2011 when I wrote that.

It's possible he'll go early. He might not though. He's kind of small- about 5'8'' and 180. I don't know how great his NFL prospects as a corner will be. As a return man/nickel corner, maybe, but I think his size will ultimately limit him at the next level.

Less than 3 weeks now until the fun begins

D'oh. I actually meant 2011 when I wrote that.

It's possible he'll go early. He might not though. He's kind of small- about 5'8'' and 180. I don't know how great his NFL prospects as a corner will be. As a return man/nickel corner, maybe, but I think his size will ultimately limit him at the next level.

Dionte Allen released from FSU

Funniest thing I've seen today.

Archived