Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NCAA Football 2010 Week 1: Boise St vs VT tonight (discussion here)

SkinsHokieFan

If Houston's Keenum keeps doing what he's been doing, he'll become the all time leader in TD passes AND passing yards (he needs under 344 YPG if no bowl game, just over 317 with; between 3 and 2 TD passes per game either way).

Last year the college football met Ryan Williams

This year college football will be re-introduced to Darren Evans (number 32 in this video) and get a great look at David Wilson (number 4 in the video), who might just be the most physically talented RB of the group

LtVLHV5gxRg&feature=related

Some fun trivia for this Saturday's FSU game:

In 1950, FSU played Samford in the second-ever game at Doak Campbell Stadium. That Samford team (then known as Howard College) was led by none other than QB Bobby Bowden.

In 1987, Samford QB Jimbo Fisher won the Division III National Player of the Year under head coach Terry Bowden.

This Saturday, Jimbo Fisher begins his head coaching career at FSU against who else?

Samford.

This Saturday, Jimbo Fisher begins his head coaching career at FSU against who else?

Samford.

No home losses to South Florida or bad showings against J-Ville state allowed anymore

Time for the ACC in general to play "grown ass football"

There are some big OOC games for the ACC. VT-Boise, UNC-LSU, Miami-Ohio State, FSU-Oklahoma.

I am looking forward to playing (and hopefully beating) a very good FSU team in the ACCCG. I am still smarting over the 2005 game

No home losses to South Florida or bad showings against J-Ville state allowed anymore

Time for the ACC in general to play "grown ass football"

USF was a mix of FSU shooting themselves on the field (something like 3 lost fumbles inside USF's red zone) and of course the behind the scenes nonsense like Chuck Amato threatening to fight WRs coach Lawrence Dawsey before the game in the locker room, and the players didn't even get a pregame speech from anybody before taking the field.

J-Ville State was just a let down game in the pouring rains after only 2 days of practice following the Labor Day Miami game.

I still think FSU is only going to win about 8 regular season games this year, but it'll have an upward trend to it rather than the usual inconsistent FSU teams of the past decade under Bowden.

The FSU 2-deep defensive depth chart this season features 9 freshmen and 8 sophomores. And only 4 seniors.

How about this as a scary stat for an ACC team this year:

Wake Forest currently only has 4 DTs on scholarship. And one of them weighs less than 250 pounds going into this season.

So basically, Wake will probably have zero rushing defense to speak of this year.

It's also worth noting that UNC still hasn't removed a single player from the team yet.

It's also worth noting that UNC still hasn't removed a single player from the team yet.

Agree. I am eagerly awaiting how that is going to play out.

Just based on facial expressions in the PC the other night, it didn't look very good. I am guessing this will go down to the wire before Saturday

Archived