Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I Hate Lavar and Chad

riggo4ever

someone from their station reads them, although i don't know how often.

i'm not sure they actually read them.

i know this because in the past they've made references to things posted here, and specifically to this thread.

i don't listen anymore they may have stopped doing that.

---------- Post added May-2nd-2012 at 11:27 AM ----------

I only listen to the shows on espn980. I like Kevin Sheehan. I like Doc Walker too.

you may like the sportstalk 570 AM shows in the morning then. it has czaben, al galdi and some others from 980. they go there for the morning since 980 does mike and mike.

we should really make a thread with official sites/stations for all the radio shows that are local/redskins related... i may do that in a few weeks when i'm less busy.

someone from their station reads them, although i don't know how often.

i'm not sure they actually read them.

i know this because in the past they've made references to things posted here, and specifically to this thread.

i don't listen anymore they may have stopped doing that.

---------- Post added May-2nd-2012 at 11:27 AM ----------

you may like the sportstalk 570 AM shows in the morning then. it has czaben, al galdi and some others from 980. they go there for the morning since 980 does mike and mike.

we should really make a thread with official sites/stations for all the radio shows that are local/redskins related... i may do that in a few weeks when i'm less busy.

Yeah I like Czabe...get your slingbox! lol Galdi is good forgot about him. I don't like mike and mike in the morning that much..Greenie is ok but Golic annoys me for some reason. Thanks for the info on 570 I forgot about that. There are times in travel I have to switch between 980am and 92.7 pm for espn one or the other gets interference sometimes. If I'm home I just listen to it on the computer streaming. I'm a nut I can listen to sports talk all day, much better than redundant terrible music play lists on music stations. So it's sports talk or NPR for me.

at the end of the day all that matters is that you're entertained with what you're listening to. if this show does that for you then by all means continue listening. :)

if you're interested in listening to some other things check out the sports fix (12-2) and the sports reporters (4-7) on www.espn980.com

they also have a new show called inside the locker room with brian mitchell, doc walker, and scott jackson. it is still very raw so i have a hard time recommending it but it's worth checking out, especially if you're a brian mitchell fan.

you can listen live or replay the audio vault. these guys (for the most part) are actual reporters/journalists and actually know what they're talking about.

the best part about those shows is that they cover all sports, and in an intelligent manner. you certainly aren't going to miss any local news, but you'll also get the more national view. something 106.7 the fan can't really do... if the lavar and dukes show strays away from redskins all the sudden they sound like complete idiots.

thanks tshile.....980 wasnt offered on the app i have, did some searching and found it on another app......appreciate the info!

Al Galdi has a gift... he goes on with no one beside him and can talk for an hour straight without being repetitious. He can move the show along and keep you interested by himself.. and that is not easy to do.

For some contrast, listen to Galdi break down a weekend of sports, and then listen to Cowherd. It's like night and day... and not even due to the fact that Cowhered has some stupid thoughts and tries to push buttons... he repeats himself INCESSANTLY. He says the same thing for 20 minutes, and just slightly changes the wording of the same thought, over and over and over. It's the main reason I can't listen to him.

Galdi is clear, his points are good, and he raises interesting questions.

And he does not loop like a broken record.

~Bang

Yeah I like Czabe...get your slingbox! lol Galdi is good forgot about him. I don't like mike and mike in the morning that much..Greenie is ok but Golic annoys me for some reason. Thanks for the info on 570 I forgot about that. There are times in travel I have to switch between 980am and 92.7 pm for espn one or the other gets interference sometimes. If I'm home I just listen to it on the computer streaming. I'm a nut I can listen to sports talk all day, much better than redundant terrible music play lists on music stations. So it's sports talk or NPR for me.

same here. i can listen to sports talk or WTOP all day.

also check out 94.3. Thats ESPN 980's other FM station. Typically you'll find better reception with 94.3 in northern VA and 92.7 in southern MD. I have to switch back and forth going to/from the games because they cut out as i go over the river.

You're talking about Thom Lovero

Yeah, his voice is something you have to get used to. Once you get used to it you start to understand he's a really smart guy. He provides a lot of balance to the sports fix, specifically when it comes to baseball and boxing.

also beer and cigars :)

Yeah, his voice is something you have to get used to. Once you get used to it you start to understand he's a really smart guy. He provides a lot of balance to the sports fix, specifically when it comes to baseball and boxing.

The first time I heard Thom Lovero I was like is his voice for real? then When I actually saw what he looked like it really didn't match up lol already high pitched and when he gets excited it's even worse. He's more a baseball guy, not really a Skins fan but he does a good job I think.

I like Galdi, his voice is little monotone and odd, but he's a smart guy with great info. Not the teacher from Ferris Bueller bad but close lol

The first time I heard Thom Lovero I was like is his voice for real? then When I actually saw what he looked like it really didn't match up lol already high pitched and when he gets excited it's even worse. He's more a baseball guy, not really a Skins fan but he does a good job I think.

I like Galdi, his voice is little monotone and odd, but he's a smart guy with great info. Not the teacher from Ferris Bueller bad but close lol

HA Lovero voice is an acquired taste lol

Most of the voices don't fit the face. In fact, most of them have a face for radio.

Galdi definitely doesn't look like what i expected. I expected him to be an old man.

Wow no kidding. I just looked at a picture of him for the first time. I thought he would be waaaay older. Dude looks like a college freshman.

Lavar has definitely become a bit of an ass on his show. Chad has always been annoying to listen to so he can eat a<staff edit rule 13 violation---1 week ban>. There was a time when I found it enjoyable to listen to over the likes of Steve Czaban on 980. Now I wish Steve and Chad would start a show on SERIUS radio together. They can call is WESD (which stands for Eat **** and Die).

I believe if Lavar was with someone the likes of Doc Walker, he would lighten that load that comes out of his mouth everytime someone disagrees with him. Everytime someone says he's not the great player he makes himself out to be, he takes over the show. Don't get me wrong, I liked the way he played most times. But putting it all into perspective, he was a second overall pick in the draft. What did he really do besides be popular enough to make the pro bowl? By all accounts, he was a bust. That being said (using one of Lavar's favorite lines), he needs to dump Chad because he's losing Redskins fans that liked him when he played the game.

I absolutely can not stand Al Galdi's voice. If I listen to him for more than 10 seconds I feel like I'm going to have a seizure.

His voice is annoying. It is oversynthesized and he talks like a damn robot. Completely unnatural.

---------- Post added May-3rd-2012 at 11:22 AM ----------

He knows what he is talking about but he does sound like Dr. Marvin Monroe from the Simpsons. Looks like him too.

I know this is a popular image, but it's the one I get of Lavar when he goes off on one of his stupid rants.fuuuuuuu.png?w=510The sad thing is when Lavar speaks, he's about as intelligible as this picture with his ass-backwards logic.

• 3 months later...

Well Im so glad this show is back......spending 3 hours on whether RG3 start against Buffalo was as exciting as Strasburg's first start. WHO GIVES A ****?

But of course Marcus from College Park has all the answers while calling from his basement.

What was so classic about a Marcus call in was that he called in to ***** about the practice bubble that "hasn't even been started yet" and that evening on Redskins Nation Larry Michael did a report from in front of it and showing it has been completed and a Post article on it with pics the next morning...what a toolbox.

Archived