Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Merged x115 Adventures Of The Fashion Police Weekly aka THE Uniform Thread

RSkinsFan

On 2/24/2017 at 8:10 PM, Spearfeather said:

We've worn our current helmets with our throwbacks because we had to. Not because we wanted to.

But when all the other teams had to follow the stupid rule, their throwbacks matched the helmets or they discontinued wearing them. We should have switched to a different throwback or adjusted the uniforms color accordingly to match the helmets.

The rule is a joke in the first place. Does the NFL think colleges value the players health less than the league does? Schools like Oregon and Maryland seemingly have a different alternate uniform and helmet every week. And even pro players are allowed to switch to a different helmet brand if they find a new design to be more comfortable all the time. If there was solid evidence to support this helmet rule I'm sure the NCAA wouldn't openly ignore it. Its a PR move in attempt to make the NFL look like they are doing everything they possibly can to fight concussions, even if the reasoning is completely fabricated. 

17 hours ago, DC Lumber Co. said:

But when all the other teams had to follow the stupid rule, their throwbacks matched the helmets or they discontinued wearing them. We should have switched to a different throwback or adjusted the uniforms color accordingly to match the helmets.

Adjusting our throwback uniform color was probably our only option. I think teams can only change throwbacks once every five years, but it could be that rule doesn't even allow for that.

We've seen new throwbacks ( for us ) every five years since 2002 and I'm sure we'll see a new one this year that will be better coordinated.

The rule is the rule, and we have to follow it.

The merit of the rule is questionable though. It was not uncommon when I played in college for teammates to break helmets. There is no guarantee you'll have the same one throughout the year. The fit isn't so drastically different between helmets that changing one would pose a safety risk.I just don't buy it as a legit concern.

My take on this is that the rule is meant to make fans think the NFL is trying to bolster safety for the players, when in fact it is nothing but total bull****. Just my buck-two-eighty on that topic...

On 2/25/2017 at 8:47 PM, DC Lumber Co. said:

I think we were close enough.  Also the rams and broncos fall in the same bucket.  Rams helmet blue was darker than the jerseys and the helmet back in the day, as well as the broncos old logo was just plugged on the new helmet color for color rush.

• 3 weeks later...

A couple of tidbits I came across today. 

Eagles propose allowing teams to have second helmet. 

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/03/23/eagles-propose-allowing-teams-to-have-second-helmet/

Dan Snyder wants to be allowed to opt out of color rush

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/03/23/dan-snyder-wants-to-be-able-to-opt-out-of-color-rush/

• Like 1

9 hours ago, MontanaSkins said:

A couple of tidbits I came across today. 

Eagles propose allowing teams to have second helmet. 

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/03/23/eagles-propose-allowing-teams-to-have-second-helmet/

Dan Snyder wants to be allowed to opt out of color rush

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/03/23/dan-snyder-wants-to-be-able-to-opt-out-of-color-rush/

Our front office clowns finally did something good!

• Like 1

So, I think the color rush thing is dumb too. 

But I wonder why a team would care all that much if the league is trying to promote some gimmicky thing? Is there an actual reason or is it a "we love our traditional uniforms so much" thing? Which, by the way is hysterical. The Redskins have had so many iterations through the years, especially compared to some teams who have hardly changed at all (Raiders, Bears, Packers, Cowboys, Giants). 

20 hours ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

So, I think the color rush thing is dumb too. 

But I wonder why a team would care all that much if the league is trying to promote some gimmicky thing? Is there an actual reason or is it a "we love our traditional uniforms so much" thing? Which, by the way is hysterical. The Redskins have had so many iterations through the years, especially compared to some teams who have hardly changed at all (Raiders, Bears, Packers, Cowboys, Giants). 

a lot of teams don't particularly like the color rush, you can tell by the number who try to be all black or all white.  I wonder if the fact the Mara doesn't like Color Rush either is the reason the Skins pulled it.

Frankly, it's the all one color thing that's the issue. they can still make more colorful unforms.  Imagine the Skins in the red pants with a yellow jersey

• Like 2

On 2/25/2017 at 8:47 PM, DC Lumber Co. said:

Thats simply because 1) their throwbacks match current colors (IE Dolphins, Packers - Yellow helmet, blue/yellow jersey) or 2) the decals are switched to match the uniforms (IE - Rams).  Ours is close enough.  not sure why the huge concern.  I applaud the staff for the little things (no stripes/gray facemask) to make an attempt while being handcuffed by the NFL's CYA rule.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hawkskin said:

ANY IDEA WHAT SOME OF THE NEWEST REDSKINS (PRYOR,BROWN...)WILL BE WEARING???

I'm guessing B&G? :P 

to be more serious, if you're asking which numbers they will wear, i believe Pryor will be wearing #11, since DJAX isn't here anymore. Not sure about any of the others. 

On ‎3‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 2:17 PM, carex said:

a lot of teams don't particularly like the color rush, you can tell by the number who try to be all black or all white. 

Maybe, but I think this was also a factor:

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/jets-alter-their-color-rush-jerseys-to-help-color-blind-viewers-091416

So why the change?

A group of colorblind viewers had trouble telling the Jets and Bills apart in last year’s Week 10 matchup, when the Jets wore mostly green jerseys while the Bills wore mostly red.

A group of medical experts told the NFL that those color schemes would again be a problem for colorblind viewers. New York opted to wear the white version because Buffalo is the home team.

8 minutes ago, Morneblade said:

Yeah, i'd rather have this if we have to do it.

olineburgundy.jpg

yellow pants are great, they are the splash of color we had been missing for years.  Red pants with white jerseys are as perfect as they were with Gibbs

• Like 1