Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Merged x115 Adventures Of The Fashion Police Weekly aka THE Uniform Thread

RSkinsFan

I would rather see this one again:

I LOVE the helmet, but the arrows inside those pipes on the sleeves are no bueno, imo. It just looks washed out. If we threw the 80th throwback Redskins logo on there and scrapped the stripes then I'd be all for it.

• Like 1

I love the true burgundy and true gold. Don't get me wrong, I like the "gold" pants they wear now. But if they went to these shades with a deep burgundy helmet....no logo on that. Rather, the player's number. That would be sharp. A mix of old and new.

I feel where you're coming from. I have no idea how to do that with photoshop.

But as it were, I want to see last year's 1937 revival as a standard. It was just too dope to wear once and shelve. Win some games in that uni, push for the playoffs in that uni and folks would come to love it, want it, need it.

I would like to see what an away version, white jersey, of that set-up would look like.

photos-redskins-are-wearing-a-leather-helmet-as-part-of-throwback-uniforms.jpg

I mean the helmet alone was just silly awesome in its design.

Asnn4P8CEAA2GRs.jpg

That's too dope to just wear once.

Edited by Monk4thaHALL
  • Like 1

Ok here's a question: If everything stayed the same, is there any way to get the stripe down the pant leg broader?

comdavidfridmanwashingtonredskins-4-1.jpg

You see on the helmet you have the center stripe of gold and then just a hair of a space between the two bordering white stripes you get the base burgundy. Can that be reflected in the pants stripes?

You see on the pants, there is no subtle space between the center white stripe and the two bordering burgundy stripes. You don't see the base gold.

You do see something like that in the pants on LSU

hi-res-154445535_display_image.jpg?1359921561

NCAA_LSU_Football_LALAF104.large.jpg

__

__

Now unrelated to the pant leg stripe, using the top photo of RG3, if the design stayed the same, how difficult would it be for someone to use the colors of the 1937 revival uniform to alter the colors in that base design?

Edited by Monk4thaHALL

What a waste of time and material. What happens to all the helmets and uniforms when they are only worn once? Are they auctioned off?

Anyone know??

Agree, the pant leg stripe should be broader.

I think I would actually prefer the helmet stripes being narrower to match the pants.

---------- Post added May-1st-2013 at 10:03 AM ----------

I feel where you're coming from. I have no idea how to do that with photoshop.

But as it were, I want to see last year's 1937 revival as a standard. It was just too dope to wear once and shelve. Win some games in that uni, push for the playoffs in that uni and folks would come to love it, want it, need it.

I would like to see what an away version, white jersey, of that set-up would look like.

http://static5.businessinsider.com/image/5096be696bb3f76f12000001-974-547/photos-redskins-are-wearing-a-leather-helmet-as-part-of-throwback-uniforms.jpg

https://p.twimg.com/Asnn4P8CEAA2GRs.jpg

I am not a fan of that shade of gold or burgundy. It's just so dull and boring. I much prefer our shades of B&G on the unifoms now.

I think I would actually prefer the helmet stripes being narrower to match the pants.

---------- Post added May-1st-2013 at 10:03 AM ----------

I am not a fan of that shade of gold or burgundy. It's just so dull and boring. I much prefer our shades of B&G on the unifoms now.

I disagree. The current shade of burgundy looks more red than anything and the helmet and jerseys don't appear to be the same shade.

I'd be happy if they kept the current uniforms but changed to the 80 anniversary color scheme.

I disagree. The current shade of burgundy looks more red than anything and the helmet and jerseys don't appear to be the same shade.

I'd be happy if they kept the current uniforms but changed to the 80 anniversary color scheme.

Man, I can't get on board with the permanent khaki pants. The jersey color is spot on and is the same color from the 70th. For me, the 70th color scheme is the way to go.

Re: Broader pant stripes...what about changing the gold pants to the double piping that the white and burgundy pants have? Or, making all three broader triple striped similar to that LSU picture above?

Well, to one's eye, the current shade "pops" more. They are brighter in tone. So, much like spring flowers they grab your attention. From a psychological and marketing perspective, those tones should attract eyes. And kind-of like the early days of film, bright colours were painted on to grab the eye. That's my reasoning for the brightness of the current colours.

Aesthetically, that's a whole different thing. Everyone has their own taste. I prefer the more rich, darker colour. Like they say the darker the berry ...

It underscores class, tradition and wealth, in a classic form.

Edited by Monk4thaHALL

So I saw this toy thing / action figure image of Chris Hanburger, and thought, this is pretty much what I'm talking about. If I were in charge of this stuff, y'all would pretty much see the team in this uniform, except maybe the current helmet. The colors are the way I like them, and I like the solid white numbers (looks more crisp). For the white jersey, I'd keep the gold trim around the burgundy numbers, but for the home burgundy, solid white numbers, no trim.

I also like the single, thicker burgundy stripe on the gold pants. For the burgundy pants, it would be a single gold stripe. No white pants.

Chris%20Hanburger%20Redskins%202.jpg

We were talking about the jersey change all day on twitter.. Slight change but a change none the less.

Missed that but would be interested in what you are hearing I only heard about the collar...thank God its changing NASTY