Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Merged x115 Adventures Of The Fashion Police Weekly aka THE Uniform Thread

RSkinsFan

So what would the alternate be next year? Or what changes would be next year?

Either they keep the 80th uniforms as an alt (alot of teams have throwbacks as an alt nowdays), or they bring back the burgundy pants.

Remember, a team may only have 3 pairs of pants on hand per season.

For the person asking, the throwbacks (including the brown helmet mottled to look like leather) will be making their appearance at our homecoming game, November 4th vs Carolina Panthers

That game will also include the ceremony (i believe) to induct the latest 10 greatest skins

Edited by pez

Is it safe to assume that they'll stay with this look; rather than scrapping it for something more modern?

I just want to be like some of the classic franchises around the league who get a great look, and stick with it for a long, long time. Establish something that never changes and a brand throughout an era.

I wish they'd go back to burgundy pants (at least for our away uni.) Gold looks amazing as a trim color, but it's kind of crappy when it's dominant. Especially when it's the white jersey over gold pants... those two just don't mix.

Exactly the way I'd like to see us take the field, burgundy pants & white tops on the road (Still a beautiful look) along with the new home set up.

I forgot the thread, but someone posted a thread linking to the top uniforms in all sports... the gold (mustard) pants along with the burgundy top was voted as one of the top. I agree.

For those that like the 70th anniversary (darker burgundy, paler gold) you will enjoy the 80th anniversary jerseys to be work during the panthers game. Although Huly thinks it looks a little too boston college

Edited by pez

Has anyone heard that we might get uniform tweaks for 2013 or 2014? I forget what website I saw it on, but the blog post was referencing our yellow pants and said the striping was off or something and then said we are a top candidate to get a uniform change next year....

has anyone heard that or agree/think it happens?

Has anyone heard that we might get uniform tweaks for 2013 or 2014? I forget what website I saw it on, but the blog post was referencing our yellow pants and said the striping was off or something and then said we are a top candidate to get a uniform change next year....

Haven't heard about that, but the striping is definitely off. I would be be very happy if the changed it to a thicker, double stripe. Or, at the very least, just make it thicker. It looks so thin and weak right now.

all of that uniform talk is BS unless somebody has an inside source. anybody can say "The striping patterns on the gold pants dont match up with the jersey's, therefore look for them to change in 2013."