Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Everything You Ever Wanted To Know About FedExField

Mark The Homer

Dan Snyder was interviewed on ESPN 980 this afternoon (can be found in espn980.com's audio vault). He said changes will be coming to tailgating and they will be announcing soon. I wonder what it is?

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/daniel-m-snyder/snyder-shanahan-and-allen-want.html

"He (Snyder) said the team would soon introduce some features to enhance the tailgating experience at the stadium."

Oh no, not this again. Didn't they try this last year? Doesn't anyone remember the disaster traffic was getting into the 1st regular season game. Of course, I was there at 9, but people trying to meet us couldn't because they wouldn't let cars make a right into Green F lot off of Arena. Do get to Green F you had to come off of Landover Rd and through E. What a disaster.

What could they possibly be thinking to make it better? Pass out free beer? Have the cheerleaders come around?

Actually, it is. Jerryworld has 80,000 seats, with another 20,000 or so for standing room. New Meadowlands is like 82,000 I think.

Ooops. Thanks. List on wikipedia here. You're absolutely right; Jack still wins.

That said, the Star-Telegram wants to claim Cowboys Stadium will "expand" to 111k with standing room (and staff). Wack.

Cowboys officials are predicting a crowd of 100,000 for the Giants game Sept. 20, including fans standing in the end-zone plazas.

Daniels said the city has approved a capacity of 111,000, including staff.

Still, with the seat removal, it looks like someone could go crazy editing Wikipedia with updates on FedEx. ;)

Dan Snyder was interviewed on ESPN 980 this afternoon (can be found in espn980.com's audio vault). He said changes will be coming to tailgating and they will be announcing soon. I wonder what it is?

I saw that too, and wonder if that means there will be laws that you have to pay to officially tailgate and must buy your ribs from a new Skins Popeye's truck that'll run through the lots. After the Six Flags parking debacle, I'm always suspicious with Snyder.

Concerned, but I'm not ready to hit the panic button yet. Last years new tailgating regs ended up being much ado about nothing by October.

I was much happier than I thought would be by seasons end. About the tailgating, not the football of course.

That said, the Star-Telegram wants to claim Cowboys Stadium will "expand" to 111k with standing room (and staff)[/url]. Wack.

Every seat in the Jerruh Bowl is easily removed and replaced with smaller, more narrow seats for a Suberbowl. That's where most of that 25k+ is counted when they talk max capacity. There are also portable bleachers that will be installed on the endzone party decks, which are not present at Cowboy games.

I think Snyder could one day employ a similar conversion system if he ever renovates FedEx. The downsizing in seating has already begun, but he'll probably want the ability to expand for big games.

section 213, row 29, seats 32 and 33. Please tell me how big of a mistake I made. :ols:

You're about as deep into the cave and as far as you could get from the 50 yard line. Enjoy watching the game on the TV. On the other hand, you may have no column obstructions of the field....just tunnel vision. You didn't pay anything more than cost, right? ;)

$243 each (bought two) but with shipping to UK and service fee came out at just over $300 each.

Could've gone for cheaper seats or bought nearer the game to get a better price but the trip is a treat for my son's 18th birthday (and a treat for me :cool:) and everything else is booked so I just had to buy.

I also figured it's not something we'll get to do together often, if again, so went for what I hoped would be good seats.

Wish we were still getting $2 to the £!!!!!!

I'd like to ask someone about buying tickets on gameday through, um, "onsite brokers" shall we say, since that is looking like the only way I might be able to get a ticket for the season opener.

I couldn't find if this is against the rules or not, so if no one feels comfortable responding here, feel free to PM. Of course, if I'm breaking the rules by asking, let me know.

The rules are listed via the Rules link above. There is nothing in the rules regarding ticket brokers.

I wouldn't wait until game day. What you'd want to do is monitor the sites because you don't want them to run out. Also, sometimes, even if the site has tix, it'll just shut the listings down suddenly and without warning. This could happen anytime within the last several days. Not sure what the story is, but in the past I've assumed they made some kind of deal with a scalper and sold what they had in bulk.

If you're interested, click on my sig and scroll down to the "Tickets" icon for more info..

The rules are listed via the Rules link above. There is nothing in the rules regarding ticket brokers.

I wouldn't wait until game day. What you'd want to do is monitor the sites because you don't want them to run out. Also, sometimes, even if the site has tix, it'll just shut the listings down suddenly and without warning. This could happen anytime within the last several days. Not sure what the story is, but in the past I've assumed they made some kind of deal with a scalper and sold what they had in bulk.

If you're interested, click on my sig and scroll down to the "Tickets" icon for more info..

I guess I should have been more transparent - I was referring to scalping tickets. I've never bought from one before, filing it under the huge category of "stuff my Dad should have taught me but never did." I've been to FedEx with friends who have season tickets, seen them walking around, but never interacted obviously. Anyway, that's why I was worried about the rule breakage, and I've already read all the fine information in your index, which is about as good as I'm gonna find re: scalping I guess, but thought it might be worth asking in here for experiences/tips. :)

I have two problems right now with buying from a broker/ebay/stubhub/etc, one is the prohibitive pricing, which, even if I wasn't a broke graduate student right now, seem kinda outrageous. Secondly, the money that I do have won't arrive until like a week (maybe 2 if I'm lucky) before the game.

Hogs Haven just posted an interview they held with Dan Snyder. He hints at a number of interesting things to come for tailgating, parking lots and the first game.

http://www.hogshaven.com/2010/8/4/1604499/hogs-haven-interview-with-redskins

DAN: One of the things I have been doing is trying to buy more land around the stadium. This past year I was able to get some more land and we have more tailgating space than ever. We really want for people to have as much possible time and space out there experiencing their tailgates. This year we are going to do even more. It's going to be unbelievable.

I guess this means the gray and copper lots...wonder if anything else is being added....

DAN: I think we're going to open at 12 for the opening game. And we have some special stuff we are going to announce that we are doing in the parking lots.

NOON OPENING for the DALLAS game!!! Drink heavy and drink often!!!

DAN: Number one, we hope to have a Super Bowl at FedEx Field. We really believe we'll be doing that in the near future. Now that the New York Giants have one, in the Meadowlands, I think we have a real opportunity there, as a league, for the NFL to prove that a "cold-weather city" is a fantastic opportunity to host a Super Bowl. You know, in an open-air situation, I think we are going to show that in 2014, as a league, we can do this and it will be just a really great opportunity for us to bid on Super Bowls and for the city to get involved. In terms of moving the stadium, FedEx Field is almost brand new. It still is a great stadium, great amenities. What we are doing is trying to modernize some of the stuff that in the last 10 years has really progressed technology-wise, like putting all the plasmas in the club level-hundreds of them-and all the amenities that our fans deserve. One of the things that has been missing is a high definition, gigantic video board. Last night, Tony and I went to FedEx Field to see it. I had not seen it yet in operation. It is enormous. It is so big. What we saw last night...I mean the clarity is shocking. It is so clear, it is awesome. You're going to see sweat off of faces. The HD technology right now is so great. We are going to be able to offer the fans a lot of ways to experience the game. We can fit 3 or 4 different angles of replays simultaneous on a board that big. So you'll see different angles and all sorts of things we can do that you can't get anywhere else. I think it's really going to be unique. And it's punter proof! Everyone came to me and asked if it was going to hang, and I said, "Noooooo...no punter is going to be able to hit our board!

The Hogs Haven interviewer keeps hinting about possible HDTV video screens in the parking lots to watch the afternoon games.....if true....WOW!

Everyone should read the whole article....and it is only part 1. Part 2 will be posted later....tomorrow?? Snyder talks a lot about his experience tailgating growing up. Some nice insights about what is to come and the other side of Snyder that few know about. I think Wylie is trying to show us the kinder, gentler Dan Snyder.....:silly:

Natty - go back to the tickets icon, click on it, scroll down. Towards the end, there's a section where RFKFedEx discusses buying from scalpers. Problem is, you need tix for Dallas, and I'm not sure if the normal rules apply for that game. Probably not.

Seriously, IMO, the cheapest way to get Dallas tix is to snipe them on eBay. You need to keep at it until you find value. If you are persistent, you will eventually find a deal.

Archived