Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rich Campbell Twitter: Phillip Daniels out as Redskins director of player development

Boss_Hogg

Don't blame him for wanting to coach.

It's unfortunate that such a good guy, who made all the right choices in his career, will no longer be a positive influence on our young guys.

But I wish him luck! Don't blame him for following his passion.

That's interesting because two years ago when he was released, Shanahan DID offer him a coaching job.

The team cut the then-38-year old Daniels prior to the start of the 2011 training camp, but Coach Mike Shanahan offered the veteran a spot on his coaching staff. Daniels declined at the time, hoping to catch on with another team, but never did.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/football-insider/post/redskins-hired-phillip-daniels-as-director-of-player-development/2012/02/17/gIQA1LcLKR_blog.html

I hate to see PD go as I liked his positive work in player development, but I can't fault the man at all for wanting to reach higher career goals. I wonder why Shanny couldn't find a spot for Daniels given we've seen the likes of Hilliard at WR coach (first time to the best of my knowledge). Perhaps it was simply a situation where the coaching staff was full at the positions that Shanny felt PD could contribute.

Regardless, I wish PD the best in his future endeavors and he'll always be a Redskin in my book. :point2sky

Phillip Daniels@PhillipDaniels

#RedskinNation #Redskins fans thank you for your love and support. I had 8 great years in #DC and want to wish all the players the best of luck. Believe me when I say that you have not heard the last from me and I will always remember the good times we shared.

Phillip Daniels ‏@PhillipDaniels

Yeah man. Sean Taylor, Coach Gibbs ect. Fun days!! RT @mr_carter93 @PhillipDaniels great memories. On to the next chapter.

good catch. it seems like he snoozed on an opportunity when it was available before. Hopefully he catches on somewhere - in a place that he's happy.

good catch. it seems like he snoozed on an opportunity when it was available before. Hopefully he catches on somewhere - in a place that he's happy.

Wouldn't be surprised if it was just a coaching internship or something obscenely low-level.

Daniels probably needs to go prove himself in the college ranks and work his way up the ladder.

A great guy, and I hope he finds and gets everything he wants moving forward (not in the NFC East though, as some have said).

Danny... Bruce... it's time to give ole' number 28 a call.

That, or if the Highlander finally hangs it up I could see him as a reasonable guy for the job. He certainly has the character for it.

Archived