Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rumor : Jay Ratliff arrested for DWI

DeMarco Murray 29

You have to be really, really dumb to drive drunk a month after your teammate killed another teammate.

Well you have to be really, really dumb to do it anyway, but this makes it dumber. Ugh. THEY HAVE A LIMO SERVICE. I'd rather someone drive me around all the time than drive myself when I'm SOBER, let alone drunk.

You have to be really, really dumb to drive drunk a month after your teammate killed another teammate.

Well you have to be really, really dumb to do it anyway, but this makes it dumber. Ugh. THEY HAVE A LIMO SERVICE. I'd rather someone drive me around all the time than drive myself when I'm SOBER, let alone drunk.

About sums it up for me. What an idiot.

Nailed it, man. What an idiot.

Pretty much sums it up...what a joke

Took the words right out of my mouth. He's an idiot for this one.

Dallas is a mess and I have yet to see anyone that really ****ing cares.

To me, it's indicative of the culture at Valley Ranch. To have what happened to Jerry Brown and now this is a huge tell. Jerruh is the ultimate enabling idiot and has created an environment that is about anything but winning. For years, the Cowboys have needed someone like a Jimmy Johnson who is capable of creating a winning culture and won't tolerate Jerruh's peripheral BS. Obviously that won't be happening anytime soon.

To me, it's indicative of the culture at Valley Ranch. To have what happened to Jerry Brown and now this is a huge tell. Jerruh is the ultimate enabling idiot and has created an environment that is about anything but winning. For years, the Cowboys have needed someone like a Jimmy Johnson who is capable of creating a winning culture and won't tolerate Jerruh's peripheral BS. Obviously that won't be happening anytime soon.

Sadly, nothing but truth in your post. There is a reason why fans are apathetic. Unfortunately, they'll keep paying for tickets so it will continue to stay the same.

Sadly, nothing but truth in your post. There is a reason why fans are apathetic. Unfortunately, they'll keep paying for tickets so it will continue to stay the same.

What kills me the most is that there is nothing that is going to happen this offseason to change things. Going to a 4-3 Tampa 2? Are you kidding me? This is the radical change Jerruh is talking about? That suggests to me that he still believes he is going to take this .500 team and get it over the hump. This team needs to be blown up...any potential trade value that could be had with some of the older players (Romo sits to pee, Witten, Ware)...take all of the salary cap hits - dead money and all this year. Take the hits and losses for a season, get rid of the old culture and position yourself for 2014 and beyond. That's what I would do.

Things most likely have to get worse before they get better, in order for Jerruh to give up his GM duties. It was a lot easier for Snyder to give it up and let competent people run the show, because people already hated him, and he always kind of stays out of the spotlight. Jones is the exact opposite. It would probably take a 2-14/3-13 season, along with considerable vitriol from the fanbase, for him to change things.

The worst possible thing for that fanbase, is sustained mediocrity. Things have to get very, very bad.

Things most likely have to get worse before they get better, in order for Jerruh to give up his GM duties. It was a lot easier for Snyder to give it up and let competent people run the show, because people already hated him, and he always kind of stays out of the spotlight. Jones is the exact opposite. It would probably take a 2-14/3-13 season, along with considerable vitriol from the fanbase, for him to change things.

The worst possible thing for that fanbase, is sustained mediocrity. Things have to get very, very bad.

Doubt it. Why? Because he always has and always will push the blame towards someone else. The fact that he is atop 'Americas Team' is the very thing that will prevent enough fan action to see appreciable change in attendance/merchandise, etc. 40% of the Cowboys fan base would probably get their record from this year incorrect if they were polled. The ones that actually give a **** are either apathetic, delusional, or livid.

Doubt it. Why? Because he always has and always will push the blame towards someone else. The fact that he is atop 'Americas Team' is the very thing that will prevent enough fan action to see appreciable change in attendance/merchandise, etc. 40% of the Cowboys fan base would probably get their record from this year incorrect if they were polled. The ones that actually give a **** are either apathetic, delusional, or livid.

Count me as all of the above. I feel like the proverbial frog led into a slow boiling soup. It took me at least a decade to figure out Jerruh is bad news. All of those wasted years. The Parcells years at least gave me a glimmer of hope that there would be someone at the Valley Ranch that would keep Jerruh in check. But alas, Parcells couldn't deal with anymore TO nonsense and realizing that he wasn't cut out to be an NFL coach anymore. And that 2007 season was the worst of all. We somehow got to 5-0, fell to the Patriots, but then went on a seven game win streak to get to 12-1. I remember that season vividly, as it was really the last season I truly believed that the Cowboys could finally break the playoff dry spell. There was a game that year against the Packers. The Cowboys fired off to a 27-10 lead, knocking Favre out of the game. At the time, they were the two teams with the best records in the NFC. I thought we truly had arrived. But once Favre went out, Aaron Rodgers came in and lit up the secondary. We did win the game 37-27, but I smelled some weakness. And we never did fire on all cylinders again the rest of that year. We peaked early, the Giants went on a roll and the rest was history.

I could see even back then that there was something fundamentally flawed about this team. I don't even necessarily blame Romo sits to pee. For a kid who never had a consistent running attack, was an undrafted free agent, has had to play behind some of the most terrible offensive lines I've ever seen, crappy defensive and special teams play, I really believe he is actually somewhat of an overachiever. For the Cowboys to place the fate of one season after another on his shoulders was really unfair, not to mention ridiculous. That's no way to run a team.

I could go on and on...the terrible drafts...the ridiculous contract signings...the way the coaches are handled...the ridiculous campaign to keep the Cowboys in the national spotlight on those Sunday and Monday night games...the ridiculous stadium...the constant spoonfeeding of this notion that the Cowboys are contenders. I blame Jerruh for this. Any other GM would have been kicked to the curb a long, long time ago. Jerruh's GM philosophy just doesn't work.

I could see even back then that there was something fundamentally flawed about this team. I don't even necessarily blame Romo sits to pee. For a kid who never had a consistent running attack, was an undrafted free agent, has had to play behind some of the most terrible offensive lines I've ever seen, crappy defensive and special teams play, I really believe he is actually somewhat of an overachiever. For the Cowboys to place the fate of one season after another on his shoulders was really unfair, not to mention ridiculous. That's no way to run a team.

I've been saying for years that for all the flack that Romo sits to pee gets, when you really look at where he came from and what he has done, Dallass really got alot out of him. An UDFA that breaks all the Cowboys passing records and has lasted as a starter for, what, 8, 9 years. Other than not winning a SB, I think Mr. Romo sits to pee has overacheived for what he was supposed to do.

I've been saying for years that for all the flack that Romo sits to pee gets, when you really look at where he came from and what he has done, Dallass really got alot out of him. An UDFA that breaks all the Cowboys passing records and has lasted as a starter for, what, 8, 9 years. Other than not winning a SB, I think Mr. Romo sits to pee has overacheived for what he was supposed to do.

That's all fine and dandy but being better than expected and being a franchise QB are two different things. Yes, Romo sits to pee is a lot better than expected and at times he looks like a HOFer. The problem is that at times he is a complete unadulterated idiot that drags the rest of the franchise down with him. He is what he is which is a QB that eats the poor and gets eaten by the rich. What I find amazing is how people just keep pushing off the date that he has to do something or it's time to make a change. He's going to be 33 next year and is 17-22 over his last three seasons. That corner that you expecting him to turn is never coming. The script just keeps playing over and over and over. As a Skins fan I love that Jerrah has decided to keep riding the Romo sits to pee bus. It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

How could someone be so stupid?

How could someone do that right after a teammate died and another teammate is going to end up in jail because of drunk driving?

What the hell?

I'd love to bask in the glory of another Cowboy getting in trouble but honestly, this just makes me angry. Not because the dude is a Cowboy, but because it's just so damn stupid. Thank God he didn't kill anyone.

That's all fine and dandy but being better than expected and being a franchise QB are two different things. Yes, Romo sits to pee is a lot better than expected and at times he looks like a HOFer. The problem is that at times he is a complete unadulterated idiot that drags the rest of the franchise down with him. He is what he is which is a QB that eats the poor and gets eaten by the rich. What I find amazing is how people just keep pushing off the date that he has to do something or it's time to make a change. He's going to be 33 next year and is 17-22 over his last three seasons. That corner that you expecting him to turn is never coming. The script just keeps playing over and over and over. As a Skins fan I love that Jerrah has decided to keep riding the Romo sits to pee bus. It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

To me, Romo sits to pee's shortcomings have less to do with some kind of genetic flaw, rather it was simply percentages playing out. When you surround a QB with an inconsistent running game, a terrible offensive line that is constantly penalized, a defense that doesn't generate turnovers, enough QB pressure and forces the offense to constantly drive the length of the field, consistently settling for FGs in the red zone, that QB is sooner or later going to fail. Really, there aren't many QBs in this league would have better success in Romo sits to pee's situation. You could probably name them on one hand.

There's a lot of hype about today's NFL being a passing league. And there is some truth to that. You do need a QB that can put up the numbers and make big plays. But this is still a game where the differences between the average and elite teams can be found in the trenches, a team that plays smart, mistake-free football, a defense that generates turnovers and QB pressure, puts the offense in good field position, a running game that can grind out the clock in the 4th quarter and those December/January months, and an offense that can get a fair share of TDs vs. FGs in the end zone. The Cowboys have been anything but that. Instead, they have relied upon big play gimmicks and Romo sits to pee having a hot hand to win games. Over the long haul of a season, the percentages show that the Cowboys formula for winning just doesn't work.

And it is not just bad coaching or whatever. It's the consistently poor drafting, especially in the middle to late rounds (a problem that the Cowboys have had for almost 20 years), it's the constant circus atmosphere in Dallas, it's the overpaying for free agents past their prime. It's a just a constant chain of bad decisions on Jerruh's part. This is the heart of the problem and yet the enabling of the arrogant, aging, rich drunk who has no business being the GM of a football team continues.

So basically, if the Redskins had stumbled into a franchise QB when Snyder/Ceratto were still calling the shots, that's where we'd be ...

I personally don't put Romo sits to pee in the same league as RGIII. RGIII is more athletic, stronger, faster, better arm strength, and so far has proven to be better at protecting the ball. I fully expect that as long as RGIII fully recovers from his knee issues that he will have a better career than Romo sits to pee. But having said that, RGIII would be less successful if he was put into a dysfunctional environment like the Cowboys have. That's just common sense.

Archived