Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Dear Seahawks Fans. Read this before you post. No exceptions

zoony

Since we have seen this story play out before in our playoff pasts, and because Seattle in particular seems to have a tremendous amount of Internet Crusaders fighting for truth and justice in all things Seahawks, we thought this thread might serve a good public purpose.

Contrary to what you might think, we don't need to hear from you. We are quite content discussing football amongst ourselves as we have been all season.

We are not all waiting for you to show up and tell us the errors of our ways and share with us your witty insights. Trust us. We're good.

So, I suggest a careful reading of the rules on your part. I have posted them below. Read these. Pay particular attention to the bolded text. There is no gray area.

This is a website owned by the Washington Redskins, maintained by Redskins fans, and primarily devoted to Washington Redskins football. While we enjoy visitors, we did not leave the door open hoping to have people drop by intent on changing our way of thinking. We are quite happy (some might argue "miserable" at times) being Redskins fans. We continue to believe that each Sunday marks a new beginning and that eventually we will return to our days of greatness. You, of course, can laugh at that notion, but if you do it here, it probably won't be taken too kindly.

If you're a fan of a rival team, please don't make the mistake of thinking this is an always-friendly environment. When you are here, your screen is burgundy and gold for a reason. We’re ExtremeSkins. Nothing about this site should suggest to you that we are interested in being all things to all football fans. We have many knowledgeable fans here who know quite a bit about Washington Redskins football in particular and the NFL in general. We allow a certain amount of Redskins machismo here, because that is part of the Redskins experience. So be advised you will likely encounter critical and disparaging statements related to your chosen football team from time to time. As with all issues, moderators will determine what is or isn't allowable independent of anyone's team affiliation.

Do enjoy your time here---we welcome well-behaved rival fans and enjoy other perspectives in the form of solid football discussion, along with the typical banter expected in such venues as long as it is within our Forum Rules. But don't let your activities interfere with our ability to enjoy your time here.

I live in OKC and I am a big Thunder fan and a season ticket holder. Seattle folks DO NOT LIKE OKC and they have let us know about it in no uncertain terms over the years. Couple that with our playoff history and I'm pretty "eh" on Seattle sports fans. If any of them give you any trouble zoony, send them my way. They can fly down to OKC and sit in my seats for a game... See what a real NBA city looks like :)

You guys should go easy on these cats.

I lived in Sea Tac for 4 years or so and didn't move back down here until 2010.

You have no idea the kinds of problems these guys can solve over coffee. Seriously. I remember the last time I took my wife out for breakfast out that way... there were a couple of intellectuals with four different colors in their hair and neither the man or the woman had shaved in weeks, and the problems of the world they were solving... I tell you. They knew they were right and they knew the world should know it, too! Good to see you can count on some things not to change.

I'm not sure I had even met a Seahawk fan until 2005...hold on, I take that back. One of my cousins that I've known my whole life is a lifelong Seahawk fan (from Maryland...not sure how that worked out), but I didn't know that until about four years ago. Go figure. That really doesn't mean much since Seattle is in the Pacific NW, and the ONE AND ONLY REAL WASHINGTON is on the east coast. Nevertheless, some of their fans seem to think that they've been down for so long in the 70's - 90's that now the rest of the league needs to atone for it. I have nothing against the franchise or the fans per se (in fact I loved Steve Largent and John L. Williams), but the last thing we need here is Seattle fans of all people telling us what to think and how to watch football.

Hi sea-squawks.

Among the staff, I am to the ban button what Michael Phelps is to a swimming pool.

My philosophy on its use is "waste not, want not" and "there's so much stupid, why conserve?"

Get to know me. :evilg:

Plus, I know where you live. :)

Nice town, but a lot of dumbass football fans.

You're sort of like the Philly Eagles of the west, only not nearly as successful a franchise ever since you were hatched. Neither of you have, or likely will ever have, a Lombardi. :ols:

Oh yeh, one of my best friends, 49er Phil, says "close, but no cigar."

(now if you're nice and polite---you don't even have to be smart---you'll only get the same from me :helmet:)

Archived