Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

We're still mathematically alive for a first round playoff bye

SkinsGuru

Far-fetched? Maybe. Would we all be happy with having any playoff spot, even the 6th seed? Heck yeah. But technically if we win out (along with one Giants loss), the 49ers lose out, and the NFC North winner doesn't have a record better than 10-6, we'd have the no. 2 seed. The only seemingly super far-fetched part of this is the 49ers losing out. However, their next two games are at New England and at Seattle. Both conceivably loseable. However, their final game of the year is at home against the Cardinals.

Just food for thought. We're also very much alive for the 3rd seed... it's not etched in stone by any means that the NFC East winner will be the 4th seed.

4th seed could mean a lot. If we got it, either the Giants or Seahawks could end up with the #6 (playing the #3 seed). They are teams I could see upsetting their way to the conference championship, and if we somehow got there we would have a home game against them. Hell, even if we got the #5 wild card, same thing.

If we somehow end up in the playoffs, and lose another game in Seattle, I'm never watching football again.

The game wouldn't be in Seattle this time and they would have to travel across the country. Hopefully Griffin will be back at full power and he can just break another streak. First things first, win games and make it to the dance (playoffs)

Any spot works for me....but I´m not looking forward to an away game against Seattle. That´s a hard game to win...very hard.

It definitely is a very difficult place to play. That being said, we beat them last year with Rex in Seattle.

How bout we beat the Browns?

Fans on a message board discussing playoff scenarios has no effect on the team's focus for the upcoming game.

---------- Post added December-13th-2012 at 12:41 AM ----------

I too spend too much time playing with the ESPN NFL Playoff Machine.

Guilty :D

Fans on a message board discussing playoff scenarios has no effect on the team's focus for the upcoming game.

---------- Post added December-13th-2012 at 12:41 AM ----------

Guilty :D

true, but playoffs are a moot point if we dont beat the browns on sunday. so until we beat the browns, talking about which playoff spot we will get doesnt mean much in my opinion.

Archived