Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

We're still mathematically alive for a first round playoff bye

SkinsGuru

Its too bad the Cowboys won. I think it will all come down to the last game of the year for the 4th seed. Hopefully they lose next week and we win but I think even if that happens we will have to beat them to finish ahead of them.

But wouldn't it just be epic for the Skins to go on a run, shove the *^&$# Giants aside and take the division by beating Dallas @ FedEx the last game of the year? It's an NFL fairytale come truuuuuuue

So with Arizona currently beating Detroit 24-10, I was curious if you had any last words? You never PM'd me either about a nice bet we could have made so I'm slightly disappointed.

I think it's time we all start being accountable around here.

FYI: If the Packers and 49ers lose out, and we win out, we get a first round BYE.

The above is confirmed as long as Seattle beats the 49ers and loses to Rams in week 17.

LOL, you shoulda put money on it then. I'd make that bet again, 100 times out of 100. What on earth do I need to be accountable for? Do I owe someone something?

Anyways, as you will note, I said that Arizona had an outside chance of beating Detroit if things went really haywire because Detroit is equally notorious for ****ing things up. Which indeed they did. Detroit had 4 turnovers and Zona had TWO pick sixes, one of which went for over 100 yards when Detroit was about to get within 7.

Once again, Arizona got less than 200 yards and only 12 first downs. If you want to put money on a team which hasn't gotten over 200 yards or 12 first downs in 4 games and hope that fluky stuff happens, I can promise you thats negative expected value over the long term.

I said that Zona has a ZERO percent chance of beating San Fran and I stand by that. I'd be more than happy to wager on that.

Cheers.

I said that Zona has a ZERO percent chance of beating San Fran and I stand by that. I'd be more than happy to wager on that.

Cheers.

Actually what you said as quoted above was

"Zero percent chance they win another game this year."

And I wanted to take you on that bet. I asked you to PM me, you never did, so in fact sounds to me like you didn't believe you're own words. I don't care how many defensive touchdowns they have, again our ORIGINAL argument was that you're basing all of this off the main offensive factor THE QUARTERBACK. What was my point? Oh yea, my point was football is a FUNNY GAME. How it's a TEAM game, and it's not always about the QB. But if they DID have a QB they would be far better in competition with some teams. LIKE HOW THEY BEAT NEW ENGLAND AND SEATTLE WITH KEVIN KOLB.

That's my point. My point was made. And you still have taken accountability for that. The longer this goes man... lol

Arizona won 38-10 ... so I don't know about your comment about how they shouldn't be in the league anymore. Maybe that role now belongs with Megatron and Matty Stafford.

---------- Post added December-16th-2012 at 09:42 PM ----------

We would need additional help for the #2 seed. It would come down to Strength of Victory tiebreaker, since the conference record (8-4) and common games record (3-2) would be the same. I've been messing around with the Yahoo playoff machine. There are a number of variables and I'm not sure if I have all of them covered. But here's one (I think):

If GB and SF lose out and StL defeats Sea,

AND Atlanta, resting in Week 17 after clinching #1 seeds, loses to Tampa Bay,

AND Houston loses one of its remaining games OR Dallas defeats New Orleans next week OR Cleveland defeats Pittsburgh in Week 17,

it would give the Skins a higher SOV.

Oh yea we need help, but at this point it's only 2 weeks of help and the NFL has given the Redskins A LOT Of help these past 5 weeks. It's not out of the realm of possibilities anymore but I'm more excited with the fact that our destiny is for the first time in our hands. I mean, the 4th seed is something we haven't help in a VERY long time this late.

Archived