Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

HTTR24-7: Andrew Luck- Greatness in GIFs

Lavarleap56

Andrew Luck throws interceptions because he has to throw deep to keep his team in the game….. I have read or heard this statement a lot this week via sports talk radio or Colts message boards. NFL networks Adam Schein stoked the hype machine by writing “Andrew Luck gets my MVP vote for reviving the Indianapolis colts”. MVP canidate..REALLY?

Monday-Wednesday all I heard was “Andrew Luck played GREAT vs the Lions”. One look at the stat line and I did not see greatness. I could be wrong but if 70.8 quarterback ratings and 3 interceptions where great then we had greatness last year in Rex Grossman. Stats often are not the story so I went back and watched the game to find greatness, I still didn’t find it.

Instead I found an idea to give GIFs to Redskins Nation to aid you in your internet battle with Colts fans and Luck homers. Are all of Lucks interceptions really the result of him ” having to throw deep “? Video evidence is often better than a written opinion so let these GIFs speak for themselves.

Read More.. http://httr24-7.com/?p=3921

* I'm happy the Redskins got their number 1 overall player in the draft..

Some of those balls have no velocity on them at all

NONE.. its crazy to me that people are claiming he is so great this season. Gil Brandt came out today with" Dan Snyder told me after RG3s proday his biggest worry was the Colts changing their mind and taking him" .. That statement proves the Redskins had Robert as the number 1 QB prospect like we have discussed.

Could you imagine the heat Robert would be taking if he threw some of those picks?

I dont know if he was intentionally trying to throw some of those passes with .."touch?". But many of those required that he put some more zip in the throw. And then there were some passes that he simple should not have not thrown as there was no window at all.

6 yarder

31 yarder

22 yarder

28 yarder

20 yarder

32 yarder

5 yarder

15 yarder

19 yarder

38 yarder

10 yarder

Wow, he has major lapses in judgement. Looks like he is just forcing his first option on most of them.

Can RG3 be blamed for not having those lapses? We're finding out that somehow he can. Short passes my ass. Of course nobody ever takes into account the talent of leading your receiver to YAC. <---- That's my favorite thing about the passing game this year.

One of the major differences that I have noticed between Luck and Griffin consists of the fact that Luck seems to force his throws at times. Of course the rookie experience does provide specific moments of lapse of decision making but the difference lies upon how different both offenses are executed. This is exactly why Luck is a much better fit in Indy and Griffin fits so well in the Shanahan offense.

6 yarder

31 yarder

22 yarder

28 yarder

20 yarder

32 yarder

5 yarder

15 yarder

19 yarder

38 yarder

10 yarder

Wow, he has major lapses in judgement. Looks like he is just forcing his first option on most of them.

Can RG3 be blamed for not having those lapses? We're finding out that somehow he can. Short passes my ass. Of course nobody ever takes into account the talent of leading your receiver to YAC. <---- That's my favorite thing about the passing game this year.

It is crazy that people use Roberts lack of interceptions against him while trying to prove he doesn't take chances.. Luck gets praise for throwing picks so what gives. Robert is tied with Brady for fewest Interceptions in the NFL while also leading the league in touchdown passes over 25 yards with 9. I think it is obvious that Robert plays within the offense better and makes excellent decisions. A QB doesnt have to go deep if it is not there.. That is Rex Grossman syndrome.

A part of me wonders if he's making those throws on reflex, i.e. no thinking at all because of his excellent arm.

That's most definitely one of the major factors at play. You can tell the guy has supreme confidence in his ability. He's not scared one bit so he just rifles them in there. His decision making will improve in time.

if someone told you a QB has:

a 76.1 QB rating -- 29th in the league

55% completion rate -- the third worst in the NFL just a hair over Sanchez and Skelton

Has 16 interceptions -- tied for the league lead

His TD=INT ratio is about 1:1 -- only 5 qbs are worst than that, 2 of which are rookies

He has one of the best veteran WRs in the NFL to throw to in Wayne and explosive young deep threats like Hilton

And he's playing one of the weakest schedules in the NFL -- heck I'd love to see RG 3 play twice against the Jaguars, and Titans. And instead of playing the Ravens, Giants, etc -- playing the Bills and Chiefs, and Lions, etc.

But heck his team lets the dude throw a heck of a lot of passes so maybe his accuracy is in question and is mistake prone but he piles up a lot of yards. Does that scream rookie of the year or MVP? IMO heck no, not even close.

Heck for Rex Grossman's faults, he did for the amount of times he threw pile on a relatively high number of yards, but his completion rate career wise has never been great and he makes mistakes. Granted Luck is miles more going for him than Rex and I think he likely will be very good but IMO Luck is benefiting mostly from a soft schedule and the Colts doing a better job for Luck than Shanny has done for RG 3 in giving him a strong supporting cast -- hence they are winning. If the Colts weren't winning i just don't see people pumping up Luck, his stats are OK but far from special.

Edit: the pro Luck argument is to me like saying Romo sits to pee outplayed RG 3 on Thanksgiving. Why? Well, who cares about how many mistakes Romo sits to pee had and % of completed passes. It comes down to Garret had Romo sits to pee throw more balls than RG 3 so he put up more yards. Whoever throws the ball more and by extension puts up more yards is the better quarterback. Granted the Colts have been winning so that is a different twist but statistically only thing Luck has going for him over RG 3 is his coach likes to fling the ball more -- just seems IMO to be a silly argument to hang your hat on. For a guy that throws the ball so much -- forget the ints for a sec how is it that RG 3 has the same number of TD passes with so fewer attempts?

Wasn't Luck supposed to be the one that should be making less mistakes because he was in a pro-style offense in college?

I'm really starting to think the whole Luck debate that analysts are bringing up is just to create competition so fans can have something to debate and continue to create hits on their sites. Deep down in their hearts, I believe most analysts that are stating Luck has had a better year than RG3 don't truly believe it.

I think Luck has been great this year. They are putting alot on his shoulders. That team has no running game at all. I think RG3 is a better player than Luck, but Luck has been great. He turns the ball over way too much, but he's been clutch when he needs to be.

That's most definitely one of the major factors at play. You can tell the guy has supreme confidence in his ability. He's not scared one bit so he just rifles them in there. His decision making will improve in time.

You know what would be really interesting? A Youtube video of Luck's incompletions throughout an entire game. I really want to know why a more 'NFL-ready' passer like Luck has such a subpar completion rate. What is he staring at when he's throwing incompletion after incompletion?

It is crazy that people use Roberts lack of interceptions against him while trying to prove he doesn't take chances.. Luck gets praise for throwing picks so what gives. Robert is tied with Brady for fewest Interceptions in the NFL while also leading the league in touchdown passes over 25 yards with 9. I think it is obvious that Robert plays within the offense better and makes excellent decisions. A QB doesnt have to go deep if it is not there.. That is Rex Grossman syndrome.

Dead on. "Luck has more picks because he throws longer passes." I know he is a rookie, but he looks more like the next Favre more so than the next Manning or Brady.

Now RG3... based off what you just said. I'll take the next Brady, especially with those wheels.

Best part was today I saw somebody say that RG3 would be nothing without his O-Line. Whaaaaaat? They're great in the system, but they were the original "Redskin's Secondary" at the start of the season.

Man, people said it, but I hadn't seen it myself until looking at all those throws side by side.

He looks exactly like Sexy Rexy!

Seriously, he does have the advantage in that unlike Rexy he can lead his team to victory, but he's been the one putting them in situations where they've needed to be led.

Well, I hope Indy's satisfied 'cuz we sure as hell got OUR guy!

It's not fair but I'm already spoiled, Griff rifles the ball and his entire release is so smoooooth, I can't help but watch some others and go "Feh, color me unimpressed".

I do wonder though, right now, with their current stats and success, does Luck still go #1??

Archived