Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Do we know which games the Skins will wear their throwback jerseys?

hailtotheredskin

I'm guessing Thanksgiving in Dallas will be one of the games. The Cowboys tend to wear throwbacks on that day, and sometimes the visiting team does, too. The Skins wore their 70th anniversary uniforms in Dallas in 2002. (Though I think they wore them more than twice that season.)

I guarantee the Panthers game will be one since it's the "Homecoming" game with Sammy Baugh pictured on the tickets.

I was thinking the Monday night game vs. NYG would be the second game. But I change my prediction to the Carolina game since they're promoting it as such.

Guest Spearfeather
The team will wear these at two home games in 2012. Bruce Allen said they already know which games, but they will not be making it public yet.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc-sports-bog/post/more-photos-of-redskins-throwback-uniforms/2012/05/10/gIQAjYOYGU_blog.html

http://www.uni-watch.com/2011/06/07/proposed-changes-to-the-nfls-alternate-uniform-rules/

They should bring the rule back where teams playing Thanksgiving have to wear their throwbacks. It kind of adds to football on that day for me.

Be cool to see us go against the Dallas throwbacks this time out.

Hail.

I agree. Even though it's in Dallas, I'd love to see the 1940s throwbacks or even the spear helmets helmets come out for that Thanksgiving game.

• 1 month later...
It's been mentioned a couple of times in this thread, but the Carolina game and the Giants MNF games appear to be the two games. We do know that Bruce Allen said the throwbacks will be worn at two HOME games, so the Thanksgiving game at Dallas is out of the question unless something changes.

oh okay. good call on the thanksgiving game, i didn't know he said that

It's been mentioned a couple of times in this thread, but the Carolina game and the Giants MNF games appear to be the two games. We do know that Bruce Allen said the throwbacks will be worn at two HOME games, so the Thanksgiving game at Dallas is out of the question unless something changes.

oh okay. good call on the thanksgiving game, i didn't know he said that

To all of you throwing the Dallas game out there, per NFL league rules it cannot happen I think. I'm pretty sure that there is a 2 game max (2 home games BA said) for alternate third jersey/uniforms for the regular season.

You can wear them in playoffs, but not for super bowl.

Pants are not affected by this rule.

I could be wrong though...

Archived