Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Call of Duty: Black Ops 2

skins1206

I haven't touch MW3 in months. I'm ready for Black Ops 2!

awww man, you beat me to it. I wanted to make the official Blops 2 post LOL.

I'm with ya! MW3 was the worst COD I've ever played, imo of course. So stoked for Blops 2!!!! I think a multiplayer trialer/spoiler is coming out in the next week or two. I've been trolling the COD forums a lot lately.

Here's to hoping Treyarch doesn't ruin an already pretty balanced game. I felt that the perks, equipment, and weapons allowed a "counter" for everything. Hacker Pro would help against motion sensor campers, blackbird would help against ghost corner campers, ninja pro easily helps me against rushers.

And the biggest thing Black Ops got right....killstreaks not "stacking." 5 kills would not grant somebody their 7-kill and 9-kill killstreaks. You had to earn everything with your own hands. :)

I keep hearing about how everybody loved Cod 4. I didn't jump on board with Call of Duty until MW2, so I missed that train. But I've seen where people are always comparing every call of duty since them to COD 4 and nothing else seems to come close.

Once again Activision pulls the Call of Duty corpse out of the closet to make it dance for a little while longer. The true infinity ward which created CoD, CoD2, CoD4, and were cattle prodded into much of MW2 is now called respawn entertainment and are working on their own game. The series died out for good on it's original home- the PC with the release of MW3 after going through death knells all throughout WaW, MW2, and Black Ops. I used to think that console players would buy just about anything, but I don't know if that is really the case. CoD might not die with black ops 2, but I feel like it is in it's console death knells. One more crappy release or two and people will jump to the next best thing.

The best example I can give for console players given the difference in timeline and games released is Halo, which slowly spiraled downhill until player decided they liked CoD better and forgot all about it.

My advice: on the 21st of this month a game comes out for consoles called Counter-Strike: Global Offensive. For those of you who have no idea that shooters were born on the PC, Counter-Strike was released in 1999 and is still one of the most popular competitive shooters in PC gaming tournaments. It's sequel Counter-Strike: Source is also one of the most popular and enduring games of all time. CS:GO is multiplayer only, it costs (I believe) $15.00 and since this time they're releasing it for consoles, I believe that if console players gave it a chance and tried something new they would be pleasantly surprised.

Of course if you enjoy eating 50 pixie sticks and then jamming a crayon into your brain prior to starting up Call of Duty and boasting about your customizations and "kit" and how many gay things you can use at the same time, then by all means ignore this statement and continue highly anticipating this year's release of "Industrial Grade Entertainment Videogame With 'Splosions No. 7" they churn those things out on 2 year production cycles, build them off the same engines, and regurgitate the same weapons, maps, and gametypes over and over but THIS time they gave you the ability to have a hot pink camouflage for some gun you spent 500,000 hours unlocking (i.e. jumping through hoops) and every year I get to hear players tell me how excited they are for this year's lineup of dumb things that don't really add anything good to the gameplay and the new set of hoops which are standing in their way to getting them.

See? He gets it!

I didn't even waste $60 on MW3. It's the same game every year at this point so someone needs to actually be innovative like IF was with COD4 and the perks system. I miss the days of Modern Warfare.

:)

COD4 easily had the best levels. No contest IMO there.

But seriously it's sickening seeing people get excited for Call of Duty 4 1.5.1.

It's not even a new game engine. It's a tired formula. And it's not like it couldn't still be great. Look what Nintendo does with Mario and Zelda. Still manange to pump out fantastic games that add something new. It's also be smart to stop with the two year production cycles. It's just a short-lived cash cow that Activision is cashing in on basically. Similar to Tony Hawk's Pro Skater after 4. Except it rightfully died out.

Ive purchased all of the COD games since MW2. And it just seems like every year the replayability (not sure if thats a word) just keeps getting shorter and shorter. To be honest im just getting sick of FPS in general. Almost feels like they are all the same. But if reviews come back good prob try to get it on gamefly possibly but def not going to spend $60 on it.

I have been disappointed with MW2 and MW3. For some reason, World at War and Black Ops have been the better games to me.

Same here. I liked MW2, but that was my first COD ever. Then Blops dropped, and I instantly fell in love with it. MW3? Garbage. I'm hoping Blops 2 delivers like the first one did.

Oh, and a friendly reminder about you mentioning you might cop a PS3 when Blops 2 drops. just sayin' :)

Oh, and a friendly reminder about you mentioning you might cop a PS3 when Blops 2 drops. just sayin' :)

:ols: Um workin' on it son. Everybody and their mother has a PS3. I love playing COD on Xbox, but I gotta go where my peeps are.

I used to detest FPS games. But Moderen Warfare was like something I never played. Unfourtunately MW2 and 3 doesn't hit me the way MW1 did. By far I enjoyed Black Ops the most.

---------- Post added August-14th-2012 at 03:10 PM ----------

You know what is hillairious?

Madden and Call of Duty are like the most complained about video games in history. But they keep on selling at record paces. :no:

i'm tired of FPS too and especially COD. Bunch of racist punks camping and spawn killing. but i buy them all because i love zombies and survivor mode. i hope they integrate some of the aspects of survivor mode into zombies.

I agree. I think W@W was my favorite of the COD series.

If I had to rank them since MW, it will probably go:

1.COD 4: Modern Warfare

2.Black Ops

3. World at War

4. MW2

5. MW3

Seriously, I brought MW# for the PS# and didn't play it. Sold my PS3 got a 360 and brought MW3 again. I still don't play it.

Woah dude...i haven't seen the article yet, but my friend just texted me saying that Black Ops 2 will be much like the Homefront system, in that you earn points for everything. Capping flags, spotting bad guys, destroying enemy equipment, will all lead to killstreaks. Though the game didn't do very well sales wise, I thought Homefront had the best killstreak system of any FPS i've ever played.

Finally, "try hards" are starting to be rewarded for their hard work. FPS games have been encouraging people to camp for years because you had to stay alive in order to hit big streaks. not anymore. :evilg::evilg::evilg::evilg::evilg:

If I had to rank them since MW, it will probably go:

1.COD 4: Modern Warfare

2.Black Ops

3. World at War

4. MW2

5. MW3

Seriously, I brought MW# for the PS# and didn't play it. Sold my PS3 got a 360 and brought MW3 again. I still don't play it.

I've only played COD4...no joke. I have to sit in the corner anytime my friends pop in a COD game. I played 1, and was aight, but then I just got tired of it after awhile. Besides, I'm at the point now that if I were to even attempt to play my friends, or play online, I'd need like 2 years of practice.

Archived