Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Do you want the Redskins to lose to Vikings???

Renegade7

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

The PUBLIC poll is open to skins fans only (of course, honor system), but thread is open to everyone, though targeted specifically to redskins fans:

It's the last home game of the year. Do you, as a redskins fan, want the Redskins to lose to the Vikings to maintain draft position? If you can think of another crazy idea to want us to lose, bring it up.

Of course I want us to win, but one thing I wanted to bring up that I don't know if's been talked about a lot or not: What if RG3 and Barkley don't declare?

Luck is almost a given to get drafted by the Colts. Both RG3 and Barkley are juniors, and although Barkley has a better chance of getting a BCS championship then Griffin, neither of them are going to get the stupid amount of money earlier higher draft picks got because of the new rookie cap. Would it be better for them to finish their degree then come out as seniors? What if we lose-out for that high first rounder and there's no QB of value there for us to pick? Worth it???

Nah let win and try to gain some momentum for next season. Who knows, Rex could play well enough down the stretch to prove that he can be our QB next year and we can use the picks for other needs. QB's are so hit or miss, who's to say that Barkley or RG3 will be succesful QB's, let see what we have in Rex.

I'm willing to bet that Shanny biggest regret since taken over the skins is benching Rex after the eagles game. Even more than trading for Mcnabb, Haynesworth.

Lord no. I'm going to the game and I HATE attending Skins losses.

All this draft nonsense...we'll get the pick we get, just like every year and every team. You don't tank in the NFL.

I wish the battered, defeated, and beaten "suck for a pick" crew would just accept that already. The ship is sailed, we already got 5 wins...just give it up already. Sorry guys!

Also, I picked the Skins to go 7-9 in August, and I just LOVE being right. So make it happen Skins!

Well, IF all the other NFCE teams lose out and we win our last 2, we'd be 2nd in the NFCE and could maybe squeeze into the paloffs :D (I think). So, I'm thinking we play to win and pray the other NFCE'ers lose out and then sell the farm if we have to for a QB in the draft. And yes, I'm serious :)

But we'd have to hope the Cowboys beat the Giants week 16.

I truly believe momentum carries from one season to the next in the minds of players.

I also truly believe Shanahan, Allen and the rest of the coaches will find a long term solution at QB in the draft no matter where we pick. Whether that means trading up, trading down, or staying pat. I don't care if it's Luck or it's Tannehill or a no-name guy, I think that if they draft a QB it's because they really like them and can turn them into a franchise player. I have my own opinions on who and who won't be a good QB, but I'll give the coaches benefit of the doubt.

The only thing I'd rather do than beat the Vikings this upcoming week is beat the Eagles the week after.

Hail.

Well, IF all the other NFCE teams lose out and we win our last 2, we'd be 2nd in the NFCE and could maybe squeeze into the paloffs :D (I think). So, I'm thinking we play to win and pray the other NFCE'ers lose out and then sell the farm if we have to for a QB in the draft. And yes, I'm serious :)

We've already been mathematically eliminated from the wild card, hate to break it to you. That being said, I still want the team to win out.

We've already been mathematically eliminated from the wild card, hate to break it to you. That being said, I still want the team to win out.

If we take the Giants spot (if the Cowboys beat them) being #2 in the division, we still wouldn't make it?

Damn, if this is true, you just rained on my parade. :(

I don't want them to lose, but I don't want them to win, either. I want what I usually want during the preseason: to see production, effectiveness, discipline, talent, speed, tons of effort and no injuries. Wins and losses are secondary at this point.

You're cool and all, Cali, but it's a 'yes' or 'no' question...:)

The only thing I'd rather do than beat the Vikings this upcoming week is beat the Eagles the week after.

That''s the way I feel as well, particularly if the Philly game winds up meaning something to the Eagles (i.e. if they beat Dallas and the Jets beat the Giants).

Kind of have this "meh" feeling toward the Vikings game......if we win, people won't get very excited because they'll say that's a game you should have won. If we lose, some will be pissed, some will be happy that it'll at least keep our draft position steady or improve it.

Also kind of sucks that Petitbon will be honored at a game where the stadium is going to be half full.

Having said that, I'm hoping for a win and to continue to see the same steady play that we've observed since Rex came back in against Miami.

I still think we will end up getting a top QB no matter what. Let's try and gain some momentum going into next year

This.

We'll find a way to get the QB we want one way or another. Best to finish the season strong and set the table for the offseason/next season than to lose out and have people losing faith in the coaching staff.

If we take the Giants spot (if the Cowboys beat them) being #2 in the division, we still wouldn't make it?

Damn, if this is true, you just rained on my parade. :(

Nah, Detroit already has nine wins in the North, Atlanta has nine in the South, and neither of them are leading their division. We can't catch either team for a wild card berth. Not to mention the number of teams that are all 7-7 and would have to lose out, and I think some of them may play each other.

Archived