Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Did Anyone Watch The American Music Awards?

DM72

It's official, todays artist are not very good. Most of them actually lipsynced through their performances. What I'm seeing now is a bunch of overhyped wannabees. Gene Simmons was right, this was nothing more than a glorified karaoke show. I remember back in the days, rather you liked the artist or didn't, all the artist actually sung. And what is so appealing about Justin Bieber? That kid is a horrible singer. Heck, even Taylor Swift lipsynced. And as for Chris Brown? He can try, but he will NEVER be Michael Jackson.

All in all, the show was Horrible.

It's official, todays artist are not very good. Most of them actually lipsynced through their performances. What I'm seeing now is a bunch of overhyped wannabees. Gene Simmons was right, this was nothing more than a glorified karaoke show. I remember back in the days, rather you liked the artist or didn't, all the artist actually sung. And what is so appealing about Justin Bieber? That kid is a horrible singer. Heck, even Taylor Swift lipsynced. And as for Chris Brown? He can try, but he will NEVER be Michael Jackson.

All in all, the show was Horrible.

The show may have been horrible, but let me assure you - back in the day everyone lipsynced too. Including Michael Jackson.

You are talking about the AMA awards and post a video of the grammy awards ?

I get your point but that is lipsynched too. They have live mics but most of it is indeed fake.

I can post a AMA performance if you like and I don't think that was lipsynced. Heck, his mic even went out.

They have parts that they can improv on. Again, most of it is a recording.

MJ has lipsynced in the past, like all dance acts do, but he did do more actual singing than most. Almost all the acts the other night were lipsyncing. I was actually more suprised that even Taylor Swift lipsynced considering she's not a dance act.

MJ has lipsynced in the past, like all dance acts do, but he did do more actual singing than most. Almost all the acts the other night were lipsyncing. I was actually more suprised that even Taylor Swift lipsynced considering she's not a dance act.

When he actually sang live it was better than his album versions IMO.. His shows were so full of energy that some of it had to be lipsynced. He was the best entertainer I've ever seen and blows anyone today out of the water.

I listen to the radio a lot more since I started driving to work, and I've realized over the last few weeks that new music is just not even interesting anymore. Most songs sound like the artists are just flat out bored, and they are just repeating the same beats and lyrics over and over again. I don't remember music being this boring (even if you thought it was bad) 3-4 years ago.

And I hate watching award show performances these days because they are much more about the spectacle - lights, pyro, acrobatics, dancing, etc - than the song.

• 11 months later...

Flipped to it for just a minute..saw the end of some Beyonce clip...then Ryanwhatshisname introducing "best male pop/rock wimp" and see its between beiber/usher/flor rida (can you be more moronic with your names?) and bottomofthepit bull...jesus...what a sadass mess..won't be checking back.

I'm surprised anyone watched these award shows, maybe it's just my generation but I legit don't know anyone who watches that crap. Just send me the link for when Kanye storms the stage hammered.

Agreed. Anything worthwhile can either be read or viewed later on the net without sitting through crap you're not interested in (like 90% of any of those shows).

Archived