Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official Superman: Man of Steel Thread

sly

First look at the new Superman. Coming in the summer of 2013...

henry_cavill_superman_first_look_august_4_2011.jpg

Release date: June 14, 2013

Director: Zack Snyder

Produced by: Christopher Nolan, Emma Thomas, Charles Roven, and Deborah Snyder

Story by: Christopher Nolan, David S. Goyer

Writers: David S. Goyer (screenplay)

Henry Cavill ... Clark Kent / Superman

Amy Adams ... Lois Lane

Russell Crowe ... Jor-El (rumored)

Diane Lane ... Martha Kent

Kevin Costner ... Jonathan Kent

Laurence Fishburne ... Perry White

Michael Shannon ... General Zod

More info: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0770828/

This movie is gonna be the best Superman movie yet. Especially with it being directed by Nolan. Can't go wrong on this one.

I was looking forward to this but man, I have to say I'm not a huge fan of Nolan. I thought both 'The Dark Knight' and 'Inception' were overrated. Not bad movies by any stretch, but not deserving of the hype that was bestowed on them.

Let the flaming commence.

:movefast:

A bit apprehensive at this point, given the cast. And that pic doesn't help (dude and costume looks lame to me, sorry). What faith I can muster is based on knowing that those involved may know what NOT to do.

About his costume, it is what it is. What did you expect?

This movie is gonna be the best Superman movie yet. Especially with it being directed by Nolan. Can't go wrong on this one.

He's one of the writers and producers, but he isn't directing it. Zack Snyder (300, Sucker Punch, Watchmen) is directing it.

Why didn't they just cast the fella from Smallville?

If I had to guess, I'd say they thought the guy from Smallville (Tom Welling) was too much of a pretty boy. It doesn't help that he's not much of an actor either. Henry Cavill has a slightly rugged look and is a pretty decent actor based on what I've watched him in.

Why in the hell is Clark looking like a WWF wrestler? why didn't they just cast the fella from Smallville?

Please, please don't turn this into a "Welling should have been Supes" thread. Dude would have been horrible as Superman.

I think that photo looks very good actually. Better than I expected.. I am skeptical since Superman movies can be very hit and miss.

But I like Nolan, I like the cast.. but Russell Crowe .. maybe he's dipping a bit to play this role? Kevin Costner is interesting, he's not the kindly old pa Kent as is normal.

~Bang

Is he even 6 ft? Also, if he was to be Supes, they might as well call it Smallville: The Movie

Welling is 6'3".

---------- Post added August-5th-2011 at 12:03 AM ----------

Personally, I don't have high hopes for this movie.

But with that being said, it can't be any worse than Superman Returns.

For the most part, I do like the costume. Love how big the cape looks and I like the fact they got rid of the silly looking red trunks. When you look at the high resolution picture, the mesh or whatever the costume is made out of looks similar to the new Spider-man one... and I'm not sure how I feel about that. I'll wait to see it in action, though. I had seen some sweet fan designs that included a collar, which made Superman look slightly militaristic and pretty bad ass... would've been cool to see something like that. Overall, I'll take it.

On another note, I feel bad Brandon Roth was given such a ****ty movie to star as Superman. He looked so great in that role.

Welling is 6'3".

---------- Post added August-5th-2011 at 12:03 AM ----------

Personally, I don't have high hopes for this movie.

But with that being said, it can't be any worse than Superman Returns.

He just don't look that tall. But I do have high hopes for this movie because of the cast and the people behind it. Plus I'm really glad they're startong from scratch.

Archived