Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NBC: Jury has reached a verdict in Casey Anthony trial [NOT GUILTY]

Toe Jam

She's guilty.
Of what? She faced multiple charges, including premeditated murder, but the jury had the option to find guilt on lesser charges on the death of Cayley Anthony.
She murdered her daughter.

She's facing about 10 possible counts, most of which involve murder.

I hope they arrest her mom for perjury when it's over.
I actually agree, if they find her guilty and can prove her mom lied to try and get her off....she should be charged.

I couldn't disagree more. I agree that her mom perjured herself, but don't believe any direct family member (parent, child, etc.) should be put in that position. Cindy Anthony had to face a decision of having a hand in the potential execution of her daughter or lying under oath. Any parent worth ANYTHING would lie under oath 1,000 times out of 1,000.

I actually agree, if they find her guilty and can prove her mom lied to try and get her off....she should be charged.

I believe the legal folks covering the case stated that such a thing is extremely unlikely because she covered her butt in a sense with the way she worded her answers during the testimony - "may have" etc...

I couldn't disagree more. I agree that her mom perjured herself, but don't believe any direct family member (parent, child, etc.) should be put in that position. Cindy Anthony had to face a decision of having a hand in the potential execution of her daughter or lying under oath. Any parent worth ANYTHING would lie under oath 1,000 times out of 1,000.

And should also be willing to face the consequences of doing so.

Agree 100%.

So because she's her mother it's ok for her to lie under oath? I realize she was put in a terrible position, but that doesn't justify it. I'm not saying she did the wrong thing as a mother, but she has to accept the punishment for doing so, that's life.

Like I said in a recent post in the poll about her getting the death penalty, they won't go for prosecuting perjury - based on another judge's expert opinion. Plus, the mother gets the empathy factor for trying to "protect" her child.

I put this in the other thread:

The 2 major questions: Why would anyone make an accident look like a murder? Who's life was better with Caylee's death? Both prosecution questions.

I'll add a third: If it was a drowning accident, why make the state try a defendant, spend that money etc. when the case could have been disposed of quickly and without the threat of a death penalty? 31 days she stalled with lies.

I can tell you I wouldn't lie in those circumstances. I happen to believe in an oath taken. It was Casey's decision to pursue this course of action, a trial. If she was innocent of anything, if it was an accidental drowning, why put oneself through the agonies of a capital murder trial?

Watching now, she's shedding tears. Too bad.

Cindy Anthony's lies are kind of a moot point, because the prosecution did an excellent job of debunking her lies, with their computer expert. While I agreee it's horrible, it shouldn't be a factor in deciding Casey's fate. The computer expert's testimony was one of the strongest pieces of evidence, and one of the few non-circumstanital pieces.

Sure...but I think it's a ****ty law honestly. If you don't have testify against yourself, you shouldn't have to testify against someone whose life you might even value over your own.

If the prosecution would have been satisfied with just going for life in prison, and not the death penalty, there's a real good chance she may not have lied.

So because she's her mother it's ok for her to lie under oath? I realize she was put in a terrible position, but that doesn't justify it. I'm not saying she did the wrong thing as a mother, but she has to accept the punishment for doing so, that's life.

I understand...maybe I'm attacking the established dynamic that she should even be allowed to testify in this type of situation. To me, it's similar to asking someone's mom to be a character witness? What's the point?

Archived