Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How patient will Danny be with Shanny and son???

FanSinceSonnyJ

Just curious what you guys think here. Shanny and son have clearly not had the type of success neither they nor we hoped for.

Will Danny be patient enough to give them another year if this season continues to head the way it is trending? Would you give them the benefit of the doubt if in Danny's position?

As for me, I'd probably give them another season to show some serious progress. After that all bets off.

Your thoughts?

Well considering next year we have a rookie qb and probably be worse than this season.

I think you will see him for his entire contract.

Danny has no tricks left in his bag.

Can't see how we can be any worse. A rookie QB would be as good as either of the two QBs that have started for us this season.....hope we go after Landry Jones or Russell Wilson.

Shanahan finishes his 5 year contract. I don't think Snyder wheels and deals anymore, he's reached a dead end on that, so all that's left is to let things play out.

Not to mention, he surely knows that the injuries, the main cause of our problems, aren't Shanahan's fault. If we were perfectly healthy and were 3-6, maybe he'd be on the hot-seat, but not when you started 3-1, and then lost 2 starting o-linemen, your top WR, your top RB, and then another promising young WR. And that's after losing your 2nd rounder and 1st TE before the season even started.

Shanahan should be staying put. The only scenario I see where he's ousted early is if we do nothing the next two drafts to help our weak spots (highly unlikely), and any new QBs we bring in are completely impotent. And even then, that's not after next year, but at earliest two years down the road, since we'll need time to evaluate any new QBs.

Fans can pretend to know what Dan Snyder is going to do but how many of them saw Marty getting canned after 1 year ahead of time? How many could predict Spurrier or his sudden vanishing act? Gibbs left early and none of his asst got the job. Who called that? Anyone see Zorn happening? Who would have said "hey Dan is going to get tanked and fly out to Shanahan fun palace" during Zorn's second season?

No one knows what the heck Dan will do. We can hope however he does the right thing and let's this staff finish what they started and that he hires someone that fits after they've gone. Rebuilding sucks but it has to be done.

I think Dan has no choice. Unless Mike Shanahan is a complete and utter failure, what new head coach is going to come here?

Cowher and Gruden won't. I don't see in young assistants in the league that would be eager to coach here. I don't think anyone from the college ranks would either, unless he sent A LOT of money at them.

Dan's doing a good job of not doing anything and letting stuff resolve itself.

Mike Shanahan told Daniel Snyder before he was hired as head coach that this thing was going to be a work in progress and that it was going to take a bit of time to build a championship team. Based on that, why wouldn't Snyder be patient? Snyder has made too many mistakes as an owner not to be patient. Of course the decisions at QB that Shananan has made since he's been the Redskins head coach are to be criticized, but you would have to think that eventually a micro managing head coach like Mike Shanahan will get it right sooner or later.

Another year like this and Danny melts down.

Then it's back to square one and other retread comes in for Dannys money.

In other threads you claim your being patient with the owner and the situation; then you invariably follow it with the big 'BUT' point like the one quoted above.

I'll wager with you right here, right now on a signature as that's just about all we can bet on here. I believe we won't have a winning season next year, the third in a row as our new QB and young guys continue learning on the fly. And you'll hear not a peep from the owner as I firmly believe he's FULLY bought into a five year plan to overhaul this mess. If your so sure Snyder will act and can Shanahan after another losing year, put your money, or sig., where your mouth is.

Hail.

I didn't say "losing" year, I said a year like this, which is shaping up to be a 3 win season.

If you want to make some stupid sig bet with me, get back to me at the end of the season so all the details can be properly hammered out.

I know what you said. It's there in black and white. I just offered that up on the fly as part of your continued rhetoric against Snyder is Shanahan won't see out his contract unless we start winning.

Oh, and I agree. Signature bets are stupid IMHO. But if your so sure f yourself on what the owner will do, I don't know how else for you to back it up without getting any more tedious with the tired same ol' post after same ol' post whenever his names mentioned as your currently doing.

Hail.

First of all, it would have to be Bruce Allen's call as GM. Bruce Allen, who thinks long-term generally.

But, the absolute best way for Shanny to stay for his entire contract is for the fans to continue supporting the team. We all know that so long as Snyder's pockets are straight he'll stick with what he's got.

Plus, if you read the tea leaves, Shanny is here at least through next season.

Personally I think it will more or less be contingent upon the success of whatever QB Shanny drafts or signs via FA to be the leader next season. So long as that QB shows potential and the fans believe in him,Shanny will be here the full 5 years.

Just my opinion on the matter.

Personally I think it will more or less be contingent upon the success of whatever QB Shanny drafts or signs via FA to be the leader next season. So long as that QB shows potential and the fans believe in him,Shanny will be here the full 5 years.

That's pretty much it. I think the decision will probably be made at the end of 2013, as that will be when they'll start talking about extensions. If we don't show much progress between 2012 and 2013 (especially after these two cluster seasons), the writing is going to be on the wall.

The intriguing question is actually "What do you think Dan Snyder is thinking right now?" Sorry, I don't think a tiger changes his stripes that easily. I can't see how Snyder can be happy with the Shanahan era so far, and there's probably a large part of him that wants to fire Mike and Kyle. But I also think he realizes that he just can't do it right now. Mike has put it out there that he told Snyder that this will be a multi-year process, and most fans seem to be accepting of that.

I agree with everyone that says that Shanahan will be here for his entire contract. Snyder needs to show some maturity by not having a quick trigger finger. The tough times are here and this is where he's going to be tested. The team doesn't have a franchise QB and Shanahan needs to show that he can mold one that can be successful here for years. It's also been documented that no head coach during Snyder's tenure as owner has ever lasted through their entire contract. That needs to change otherwise the vicious cycle will continue.

Archived