Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Okay E.S.. What do YOU want to see in Mini-Camp Coverage?

PCS

It's kind of a tease,but it is that mini-camp time of the year again. It just so happens that on Sunday the 18th,there will be media availability,(though it will be a bit limited),for the mini-camp. Now being the fan site we are,we thought we'd ask,well,the fans what they would like to see,read,and what they would like to hear from the ES coverage of the mini camp this Sunday. Questions you wouldn't mind seeing asked,that kind of thing. And while we're at it,make a note to yourself what you might like to see in future coverage when the media availability involves much more. So ES. What say you?

I like hearing how each player looks on the field. Who impressed who didn't. Updates on position competitions. Who's playing where in the 3-4. Updates on how the WRs and McNabb look, are Cooley and Davis on the field together a lot? Mostly all those things that I don't get to see since I can't be there.

I like the pictures and interviews and stuff, but I really like getting a really good fealing for what the team looks like on the field. That's all.

Landry's feelings on his new coach, please!

This guy's going to be a monster this year if they keep him at free safety. Bookmark it!

Oh, and anything and everything related to Brian Orakpo. I don't care if you're asking him what his favorite Care Bear is, just anything!

More shirtless Landry pics...um I mean how these minicamps seem different from previous years structure wise. Personalities of the new coaches being described while teaching. I loved some of the quotes you guys got from Buges and Gregg Williams in the past on the field.

Unoriginal, but if there's a chance to speak to the players and coaches, I'd love if you guys could get a feel on how things are going under the new regime in general and now out on the field; how it differs from the previous two years in terms of the approach from the new staff; if the players are enjoying it to press; what the coaches initial impressions are of the guys with a football etc

Hail.

I like hearing how each player looks on the field. Who impressed who didn't. Updates on position competitions. Who's playing where in the 3-4. Updates on how the WRs and McNabb look, are Cooley and Davis on the field together a lot? Mostly all those things that I don't get to see since I can't be there.

I like the pictures and interviews and stuff, but I really like getting a really good fealing for what the team looks like on the field. That's all.

I have to echo that. The pictures and interviews are usually objective (and quite good), but I also enjoy the subjective view. And I appreciate it when can be identified as editorial. Such as "It seemed to me ..." or "I got the feeling ..."

Look forward to your coverage. :read::thumbsup:

:helmet:The Rook

I liked to know how the OL is doing, who's playing where and if they are as bad or not as everyone thinks they are? I want to see the rotation of the RB's who starts who finishes.... The DB's can LOS hold off buchanon and is barnes ready to challenge those 2 for playing time? What do the Coaches think of Marko Mitchell and Colt Brenann?

Basically this.

I also love the picture threads, so hopefully there will be a few of those.

what they would like to hear from the ES coverage of the mini camp this Sunday. Questions you wouldn't mind seeing asked,that kind of thing. And while we're at it,make a note to yourself what you might like to see in future coverage when the media availability involves much more. So ES. What say you?

Questions you wouldn't mind seeing asked:

LBs

(Lou Spanos/Kirk O)What is the terminology for the positions within a 3-4 defense and what are their roles? i.e. Elephant, Jack, Buck, Mack etc

What is the difference between 4-3 Linebackers and 3-4 Inside Linebackers and where would our LBs fit? (Fletcher, Rocky, Blades, Henson)

How does Carter fit in our 3-4? Did you watch Carter with the in the 49ers 3-4? If so what was his role and how will it defer from a possible role here?

Where does a player like Chris Wilson fit in our scheme and will he finally have a bigger role?

Secondary

Will LaRon Landry's role change from last year?

What do you think he has to do to reach his potential?

Where does Kareem Moore fit in our rotation?

DL

Where will Golston play NT or DE?

What are the different 'fronts' in a 3-4 and how do they differ?

What are some examples of teams that use those fronts?

Offense

Offensive Line

What would you say was the cause of the problems along the OL last year?

What is the biggest change from last year to this year for the OL?

How does our OL fit in a ZBS?

What makes you excited for the OL this year?

Any ealry stand outs?

WRs

Who's faster Devin Thomas or Santana Moss?

What are some differences from last year to this year?

Edit: Special Teams

PR/KR

What players are in the mix for KR/PR?

Who will fill the void left by Rock Cartwright and is there any chance that Rock comes back?

Overall

I love the pictures!

I would like to see pictures of every player, but especially the depth players

I would like to see pictures of the front 7 but especially the 4 LBs in an typical 3-4 on the field look.

I love the action pictures of the run fits where OL blocks(air/defense) and the QB and run execute the hand off.

I also like to see the action pictures of players catching the ball or going into to coming out of routes and the DBs doing coverage drills, breaking on the ball and 1-on-1s WRs vs DBs.

You guys do great work out there you are our eyes.

HTTR!

....The DB's can LOS hold off buchanon and is barnes ready to challenge those 2 for playing time?

I am really interested in what's happening with the CBs too, especially finding out what Buchanon has left and what he has to add to the team, what Tryon and Barnes and Carlos' hands look like. Finding out if Marko is seeing the field more.

OH! I want to know who picks off a McNabb pass first, or who he seems to favor (WRs).

My personal favorites are always the updates and pictures of the one-on-one WR/CB coverage drills, even the opinions of the writer on them as well. A lot of other things that I like seeing have already been discussed in this thread, thanks for asking us!

I'd like to hear about defensive fronts. How much of a "hybrid" is it really? Predominately 4-3 or 3-4? Are we running nickel with 3 or 4 lineman? Did the "Cobra" package carry over to the new staff or die out with Blache? Where are our front 7 players lining up in each of these fronts?

Obviously we'd like to hear about any big plays like "sacks" (I know they can't hit), interceptions, long completions, etc. Where guys are lining up on that OL as well. I assume Heyer is going to be the LT for minicamp but where do coaches invision him starting (if at all). Who mans that RG spot is a point of interest as well.

I'd like to hear about ST's as well. New punter, semi-new kicker along with his competition, new long snapper (oh ethan where art thou!?!), new returners. Any growing pains as they come together?

Archived