Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

If the Redskins Trade back who would they get?

JRay757

I was thinking of different options.......Without stating a specific trade with a team, let's say we trade back and get a middle to later first rounder in the early to mid 20's and receiver a second round pick....Who would you guys like to see us get in the first 3 rounds......I would like to see us get these three guys......

1st Round - (One of these 2) Everette Brown/Aaron Maybin

2nd Round - Eben Britton/Phil Loadholt

3rd Round - Marcus Freeman/Clint Sintim

I think this would be an awesome draft.....Now we could address the needs in a different order aswell and get Cushing in the first Round, maybe michael johnson in teh second if he falls that far and get Xavier Fulton or Jamon Meredith in the third maybe........

I would say my first choice would be Maybin, Loadholt, and Freeman..That would be amazing......

Don't think Britton is there in the second round but okey.....but nobody knows what is going to happen. It is all gessing.

There are always surprices.

Let's take last years draft....who knew that Jacksonville was going to trade up and draft Harvey, who knew that Atlanta would take Matt Ryan instead of Glenn Dorsey, who knew that there would be no WR taken in the first round, who knew that Chris Johnson would be a first round pick, who knew that Erin Henderson would not get drafted, who knew that Andre Woodson would fall that far back in the draft, who knew that Eddie Royal would be pick that high....

Is there anybody who knew that all? No, so as team ya need to be prepared like hell and make sure ya have a good draftboard because there always happen things ya don't expected.

Don't think Britton is there in the second round but okey.....but nobody knows what is going to happen. It is all gessing.

There are always surprices.

Let's take last years draft....who knew that Jacksonville was going to trade up and draft Harvey, who knew that Atlanta would take Matt Ryan instead of Glenn Dorsey, who knew that there would be no WR taken in the first round, who knew that Chris Johnson would be a first round pick, who knew that Erin Henderson would not get drafted, who knew that Andre Woodson would fall that far back in the draft, who knew that Eddie Royal would be pick that high....

Is there anybody who knew that all? No, so as team ya need to be prepared like hell and make sure ya have a good draftboard because there always happen things ya don't expected.

oh without question....nobody knows, thats why i was just stating some scenerios that i think would be good......britton mighht not be there, but like you said....who knows

If Smith or Oher drop I would like them-building a dominant offensive line is our first priority.

However if not- we could look at this range. I put in range basically, because who knows where exactly we would pick.

1st pick

1. Clay Matthews USC

2. Clint Sintim Virginia

2nd pick

1. William Beatty Connecticut

2. Phil Loadholt Oklahoma

3. Jamon Meredith, South Carolina

3rd pick

1.Lawrence Sidbury, Jr. Richmond (some have in first-some in late 3rd)

2. Matt Shaughnessy Wisconsin

3. Kyle Moore USC

4. David Veikune Hawaii

4th pick -5th round

1.A.Q. Shipley Penn St.

2. If not there BPA

With this draft we would have a good base for years to come. Next year we could be back to BPA.

If Smith or Oher drop I would like them-building a dominant offensive line is our first priority.

However if not- we could look at this range. I put in range basically, because who knows where exactly we would pick.

1st pick

1. Clay Matthews USC

2. Clint Sintim Virginia

2nd pick

3rd pick

3. Kyle Moore USC

4. David Veikune Hawaii

4th pick -5th round

1.A.Q. Shipley Penn St.

2. If not there BPA

With this draft we would have a good base for years to come. Next year we could be back to BPA.

I agree with this 100%

I was thinking of different options.......Without stating a specific trade with a team, let's say we trade back and get a middle to later first rounder in the early to mid 20's and receiver a second round pick....Who would you guys like to see us get in the first 3 rounds......I would like to see us get these three guys......

I think this would be an awesome draft.....Now we could address the needs in a different order aswell and get Cushing in the first Round, maybe michael johnson in teh second if he falls that far and get Xavier Fulton or Jamon Meredith in the third maybe........

I would say my first choice would be Maybin, Loadholt, and Freeman..That would be amazing......

Not very realistic, imo. Brown and Maybin could both be gone by the time we pick. The odds of getting one of them after a trade down (where we trade down far enough to get a 2nd) seems far-fetched at the moment.

The chances of Britten being available in the 2nd are long-shot range, and Sintim in the 3rd even more so.

I don't want any part of Loadholt, personally.

1st pick

1. Clay Matthews USC

2. Clint Sintim Virginia

2nd pick

3rd pick

3. Kyle Moore USC

4. David Veikune Hawaii

4th pick -5th round

1.A.Q. Shipley Penn St.

2. If not there BPA

I like the players you have here (apart from the mention of Smith and Oher, neither of whom I like), with the only exception being that I like Sintim more than Matthews.

If we trade down and get a 2nd, that won't be a real high 2nd, so I kind of doubt we could get Beatty there without a trade up.

Does it matter? Just college kids filling roster spots. Not a huge fan of drafting. Never know what you'll get. Ever. At least with free agents you have a good idea of the players worth in the NFL. Free agents you have 1st round busts and 7th round busts and then you have 1 and 7th rd stars. You just never know. Look at Alex Smith. 1st rd 1st pick, Bust! Grossman 1st rd bust, then you have guys in later rounds making probowls and hall of fame. I'll take free agents any day. Sorry.

In a thread or topic like this, WHO they would get is going to be less accurate than WHAT they would get. And actually WHAT is more important than WHO at this point.

IF...IF they trade down, then I am hoping that somebody around #21 or #22 is willing to give up a SECOND round pick in order to move up. Yes, I know we could easily get a 3rd round pick by moving down 6 or 7 slots, but SOMETIMES a team is so desperate to get a certain player that they are willing to overpay. If that happens at #22 or even #23 or #24 I expect the Skins to take that deal, because it will take some of the sting out of the Jason Taylor fiasco and gain back a 2nd round pick.

And ya know, there are a who bunch of good defensive ends, guards, and linebackers out there late in the first round and even 2nd round. We got Rocky Macintosh in the 2nd round and Michael Strahan was a 2nd round pick. Justin Tuck was not a first round pick either. The Giants have always had great success getting defensive linemen in the LATE first round or in the 2nd or beyond, so trading down is not going to be a bad idea.

Yes I still believe the Skins will trade down.

Does it matter? Just college kids filling roster spots. Not a huge fan of drafting. Never know what you'll get. Ever. At least with free agents you have a good idea of the players worth in the NFL. Free agents you have 1st round busts and 7th round busts and then you have 1 and 7th rd stars. You just never know. Look at Alex Smith. 1st rd 1st pick, Bust! Grossman 1st rd bust, then you have guys in later rounds making probowls and hall of fame. I'll take free agents any day. Sorry.

sadly i think our organization is prime example as to why building through free agency is not a better method of team building than drafting

I was thinking of different options.......Without stating a specific trade with a team, let's say we trade back and get a middle to later first rounder in the early to mid 20's and receive[r] a second round pick....Who would you guys like to see us get in the first 3 rounds......I would like to see us get these three guys......

i like how you're thinking but i doubt that Everette Brown/Maybin will be in the available mid 20s

1st Round: Rey Mauluaga/Clay Matthews/ Alex Mack

2nd Round: Barwin, Connor/Clint Sintim/ Max Unger

3rd Round: Caldwell, Antoine / English, Larry/ Jason Williams OLB

Jason Williams: http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=73155&draftyear=2009&genpos=OLB

Just looking at a lack of mock drafts and recalling last year's draft. I'll make the assumption that OT and DE's are going to be premium positions.

Sidbury I've seen now including if I recall from ESPN, in the 2nd round.

Britton seems either a late first rounder or early 2nd, but I recall he was around the 20 pick in one major draft.

Stintin seems to be slipping some, and he looks like a 2nd rounder.

Mauluga seems all over the place in the first round, I've seen him at 12 and then late in the first round.

Matthews and Cushing from mid first to late first.

Beatty from late 1st to early 2nd.

Ayers from around where the Skins pick or slightly earlier to mid to late first.

Mack and Unger, late first, early 2nd.

With that in mind, if lets say they trade down to the Lions pick at 20. And pick up a third. I'd try to then pick up another third and trade down further in the first.

Kiper said recently if it were him he'd horde 2nd round picks and trade out of the first. I've also read some think the first 3 rounds are good this year, after that the depth isn't too hot.

Is there a huge difference this year from 13 to 20 to 26 for example? IMO not for the positions the Skins are looking for with the possible exception of OT. It wouldn't shock me if Britton, Beatty, Oher, etc are all gone by the late first. But I'd be surprised if one of these guys aren't there: Matthews, Unger, Mack, English. And I'd take one of those guys and some extra picks over drafting lets say Oher or Cushing. I doubt they get Sidbury in the third round. But they likely will be able to get a LB like McKenzie or a guard like Urbek there.

Depends on what kinds of tradebacks you get

Late 1st: Mack, Britton, Peria Jerry, Oher, or one of those DEs/LBs who may have slipped

2nd: Unger (unless Mack was picked in 1), Loadholt (unless Britton or Oher were selected), or a nice DE or LB unless a 1st round steal slips, Evander Hood

3rd: Caldwell (unless Mack or Unger were taken), Hermann Johnson (unless Mack, Unger), Sidbury, Kyle Moore

Late round targets: Shipley, Arian Foster, Myron Pryor, with the supplemental 7th get me a new kicker

UDFA - Peerman, PJ Hill, Ian Foster

I like my draft because you can get multiple big nasties. Your draft could look like Loadholt, Caldwell, along with a OLB or a DE all from the 1st 3 rounds. Could be Oher - Unger - Sidbury. Id probly prefer getting as many 2nds like Kiper said as I could then grabbing 3 of those guys.

I really wouldnt trade back we need a starter at either OLB or DE bad.

But you pose a good question..

Yes but we also need O-Line help. Dock isnt going to fix the whole problem n=himself. We need to do whatever we can to get a first, 2nd and 3rd round pick. Either tadeing back, or, giving up later picks and probably one from next year.

1st round (#13) = Must take the best player avalible for the O-Line or OLB position

2nd round = I would propose trading our 5th and 6th and 7th, and even a 5th from next year to get an EARLY 2nd rounder. (Yes that is alot but we need 3 top picks bad). With it, do the opposite of the first round if a great O-line man feel to us to take now we take OLB. If a great OLB feel to us now we take O-Line.

3rd round = D-End

Archived