Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

If the Redskins Trade back who would they get?

JRay757

Glad to see someone else is on the Alex Mack wagon like myself.

That guy is going to be a mainstay on someone's Oline for years and hopefully it's the Skins because he is a huge upgrade over Rabach.

I agree, Im done with Rabach. I dont think its really outrageous to think we can grab 3 of the following OT, C, DE, LB in the first 3 rounds via trade.

We have need at those places, theres talent in the draft at those places. No reason they couldnt make an impact really early.

I'd imagine to make this work, we'd have to trade down in the third round and first round, thus grabbing a second and possibly a fourth depending on how far we move. Assuming this trade down is possible:

First Round: William Beatty, OT, UCONN

I've said it before, this guy would likely go top 10 if his leg hadn't been injured his sophomore year. No OT in the entire draft can match his measurables. Allowing 6 sacks over the past 2 seasons (most of them coming while he was recovering from his injury during his junior year) is not bad, either. I'm almost certain he will be a better pro than Britton.

Second Round: Clint Sintim, OLB/DE, Virginia

This guy mirrors Marcus Washington. They have the same measurables and production coming out of college. They were both hybrid DEs in college, too. He has the speed and production to play at OLB, so I think he'll be worth the pick, regardless of his bad pro day.

Third Round: Kyle Moore, DE, USC

Big 4-3 DEs are tough to find. This guy looks like he could, at the very least, assume Phillip Daniels's role. They are the same size and play run first. He has been climbing up the draft lately, and while he is projected in the fourth, I think using a late third on him is a solid 'reach'.

Fourth/Fifth Round: Ricky Jean-Francois, DT, LSU

This guy has fallen on many draft boards. There was once talk about him being a much better prospect than Marcus Spears. He was suspended for his sophomore season and suffered some back injuries. Once upon a time, he was considered an elite prospect because of his athleticism. Apparently the Skins have interviewed him, and it's possible he's worth a flyer in the mid/late rounds.

The Skins traded all the way out of the 1st round last year, so I wouldn't say that it is inconceivable that they trade back this year.

Personally, I'd love it if the Skins could swing a deal that moves the 13th pick for a 2nd + 2010 1st.

All in all, this topic is funny as who they would get in a trade back scneario has too many variables:

1) How far back do they move?

2) Who is on the board after they move down?

Personally, I would hope that they would be looking at these guys later in the 1st:

OT:

Eben Britton (Arizona) or William Beatty (UConn)

DE:

Michael Johnson (Georgia Tech) and Tyson Jackson (LSU)

LB:

James Laurinaitis (THE Ohio State University)

C:

Max Unger (Oregon)

I think it would be great if we traded with Detriot, they took our 13, we took their 20 and 33. We could pick up someone like Britton or Beatty, then get someone like Clint Sintim/Robert Ayers/Larry English/Michael Johnson (if he's still there)

Depends on who we trade with and what rounds we pick up. It does no good to trade a potential "plugin" starter at #13 (A.Smith/Oher/Brown/Malaluga) for a late first round project OT/DE and an additional 3rd project hopeful. I dont trust Vinny with any additional picks.

We're not going to trade our pick. I'm almost positive we will keep all our five picks and take Andre Smith in the first round becuase that is how Snyder works, big name big talent, risky bevahior (see Hall, D. and Haynesworth, A.) If it were a perfect world, we'd trade down to the Bears at 18, and take someone like Maybin/English/Ayers and a 2nd rounder we'd take Jamon Meredith our of South Carolina, and keep our other picks for 3. Tyrone McKenzie/Marcus Freeman 5. Henry Melton Texas or Kyle Moore USC 7. Devin Moore Wyoming and our compensatory pick get some random dude who has serious upside Will Davis out of Illinois who fell a lot after only 3.5 sacks his SR year (had 10.5 as a JR).

Probably not going to get the Bears or anybody else in the TEENS to give up a 2nd round pick for trading down. The most I could see for any team in the teens would be a 3rd round pick.

Of course we could accept that, but I still think the Skins are looking for a 2nd round pick which would indicate we will be trading down into the 20's.

Maybe the Vikings at 22 will trade up to get a wideout still available.

If they do trade down, I'd like to see them draft Alex Mack. Great awareness, blocking ability, etc., and he would definitely help Jason Campbell in the pocket, and Portis in the run game.
And he could play guard also. The Skins could quit dressing out Geisinger, since he only dressed out because there was no other center and get Rinehart some playing time, who, according to Vinny, got better when he dressed out.

If the Skins trade down, there is nothing but upside with picking Mack. Without improvement at Center, Portis will spnd the year and every short yardage play going off tackle.

I think it would be great if we traded with Detriot, they took our 13, we took their 20 and 33. We could pick up someone like Britton or Beatty, then get someone like Clint Sintim/Robert Ayers/Larry English/Michael Johnson (if he's still there)

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft06/news/story?id=2410670

13 - 1150

20 - 850

33 - 580

Total - 1430

To make the numbers work, the Redskins might have to toss in their 2nd rounder in 2010 or their 3rd rounder this year.

Unless it is a scenario like Sanchez is there at 13 and they are willing to overpay to get him.

And we've proven we cant draft, so where does that leave us?:doh:

Best point made in this thread. The FO can trade back and get all the picks they want but it won't change the fact that they are terrible at making good selections unless the player is in the top 10. Look at last years draft as evidence. Horton was the only player to contribute.

Pos. Player College Rd.

WR Devin Thomas Michigan St. 2

TE Fred Davis Southern Cal 2

WR Malcolm Kelly Oklahoma 2

OL Chad Rinehart No. Iowa 3

CB Justin Tryon Arizona St. 4

P Durant Brooks Georgia Tech 6

DB Kareem Moore Nicholls St. 6

QB Colt Brennan Hawaii 6

DE Rob Jackson Kansas St. 7

FS Chris Horton UCLA 7

I think it would be great if we traded with Detriot,

Or the Patriots. They have 6 picks in the first 3 rounds, including #23 & 3 second rounders. (#34, #47, #58).

I could even see us give away our first rounder in 2010 to get our hands on one of those seconds, if we have tried & failed to trade back.

They'd provide options to trade back in the first or like last year, to pick up multiple second rounders.

Haven't got a clue who we'd pick but they seem a good trade option to me.

Best point made in this thread. The FO can trade back and get all the picks they want but it won't change the fact that they are terrible at making good selections unless the player is in the top 10. Look at last years draft as evidence. Horton was the only player to contribute.

Pos. Player College Rd.

QB Colt Brennan Hawaii 6

FS Chris Horton UCLA 7

So you're saying we should trade up?

I don't meant to sound like captain obvious here, but it is way too early to judge that draft. I have a lot of hope for some of those guys.

Or the Patriots. They have 6 picks in the first 3 rounds' date=' including #23 & 3 second rounders. (#34, #47, #58).

I could even see us give away our first rounder in 2010 to get our hands on one of those seconds, if we have tried & failed to trade back.

They'd provide options to trade back in the first or like last year, to pick up multiple second rounders.

Haven't got a clue who we'd pick but they seem a good trade option to me.[/quote']

The Pats don't want to move up. They are more likey to move down and keep stock piling picks. That is how they roll.

Pos. Player College Rd.

QB Colt Brennan Hawaii 6

FS Chris Horton UCLA 7

Well, let me add some well needed input here. Another way to say I need to school you.

First of all, the draft history of the Skins is pathetic, as well as their choices of positions, Drafting a tight end in the the 2nd round when TWO tight ends are already on the roster and one is an all pro, was probably a top 10 blunder of all time. Really stupid Vinnie.

But probably a worse decision has been the cumulative decisions by Snyder, Cerrato, Gibbs and whoever, to NOT draft defensive linemen and offensive linemen in the first 2 rounds. Year after year we see cornerbacks and safeties and wide receivers and QB's get picked, and YES it might be okay if any of them actually make the pro bowl. But we are left with no defensive players in the pro bowl, and that includes Landry(1st round) and Rocky (2nd round) as well as we have drafted THREE QB's in the first round since Gibbs left the first time and NONE of them have amounted to a pile of bear crap.

So the draft aspect is horrible I agree, just so you know I understand...BUT

don't even begin to talk about last years draft until AFTER this year because as lazy as those THREE receivers were, and as good as Horton was, ROOKIES cannot be counted on or evaluated unless comppared to other rookies only. To evaluate them as NFL caliber starters or pro bowl types, Wait at least two years and to be fair probably 3 years.

Your point that our rookies did nothing is rediculous simply because 95 percent of ALL rookies did nothing to impact their teams. 95 percent. So reconsider your thought process.

Archived