Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

If the Redskins Trade back who would they get?

JRay757

With that in mind, if lets say they trade down to the Lions pick at 20. And pick up a third. I'd try to then pick up another third and trade down further in the first..

Trading down from the 13th slot to the 20th is worth a low second round pick . If the Skins find a starting quality player at 13 in a position of need then I think they ought to use the pick. But, someone like Oher isn't ready to start (supposedly) so he's a reach IMO.

Trading down and getting Sintim and a Tackle like Loadholt or Britton would be fantastic. Britton is rising fast, and if last year is any indicator, Early 2nd Round rated Tackles sneak into the first, like Duane Brown and Sam Baker. Loadholt is gargantuan, and we'd rather have size at RT than athleticism because he'll be faced with Run stopping DEs more than finesse pass rushers.

Trading down from the 13th slot to the 20th is worth a low second round pick . If the Skins find a starting quality player at 13 in a position of need then I think they ought to use the pick. But, someone like Oher isn't ready to start (supposedly) so he's a reach IMO.

Really? thought someone using the point system figured it was an early 3rd, but if you say early 2nd, it makes it even more of a good move IMO.

Does it matter? Just college kids filling roster spots. Not a huge fan of drafting. Never know what you'll get. Ever. At least with free agents you have a good idea of the players worth in the NFL. Free agents you have 1st round busts and 7th round busts and then you have 1 and 7th rd stars. You just never know. Look at Alex Smith. 1st rd 1st pick, Bust! Grossman 1st rd bust, then you have guys in later rounds making probowls and hall of fame. I'll take free agents any day. Sorry.

For every Alex Smith or Rex Grossman, you can also have a Matt Ryan or Phillip Rivers. The thing is that this organization has adopted this philosophy and it has yielded very few dividends.

unfortunately the Lions don't have a low second rounder. They have the first in the second and the third round. I agree it's worth a second but I'm not sure they'd give it up.

I've seen a ton of posters mention the Sidbury kid, have the Skins scheduled any workouts with him?

Usually it's no secret who the Skins want to draft, so i would expect to hear something from the park about his name if he was on their radar.

Trading back would be awesome, but it all depends who they target. It's still going to take more than one draft to get the Skins where they need to go.

If Smith or Oher drop I would like them-building a dominant offensive line is our first priority.

However if not- we could look at this range. I put in range basically, because who knows where exactly we would pick.

1st pick

1. Clay Matthews USC

2. Clint Sintim Virginia

2nd pick

1. William Beatty Connecticut

2. Phil Loadholt Oklahoma

3. Jamon Meredith, South Carolina

3rd pick

1.Lawrence Sidbury, Jr. Richmond (some have in first-some in late 3rd)

2. Matt Shaughnessy Wisconsin

3. Kyle Moore USC

4. David Veikune Hawaii

4th pick -5th round

1.A.Q. Shipley Penn St.

2. If not there BPA

With this draft we would have a good base for years to come. Next year we could be back to BPA.

THAT WOULD BE AWESOME!!!

By the way, OP, Clint Sintim won't be there in round 3. He's a low first to high second.

True, so what are you working off of? I am assuming something becuase you are making your point like you got the definitive answer to how it should be.

I work off the theory that if someone wants something bad enough they'll pay what you ask. So you got to make sure not to ask for to much.

I think it is possible, we will be open to trade down. We could trade down with lets say Detroit for the 20th pick and a second round pick. Detroit could may want to trade up and first grab Jason Smith and then grab Mark Sanchez if he was still available. This would be a winning combination for them, and us. We could get a number 5 OT or number 4 LB at 20 and get Clint Sintim in the second round. He won't be around in the third round.

If they do trade down, I'd like to see them draft Alex Mack. Great awareness, blocking ability, etc., and he would definitely help Jason Campbell in the pocket, and Portis in the run game.

I like the player but a luxury we can't afford. Our top pick this year MUST be an immediate starter due to our lack of picks.

Glad to see someone else is on the Alex Mack wagon like myself.

That guy is going to be a mainstay on someone's Oline for years and hopefully it's the Skins because he is a huge upgrade over Rabach.

Mack is the best center in this draft, but he is projected as also being able to play guard. He won;t go as high as 13, but if we trade down I think he'll be the BPA given that he's the best C/G prospect in the draft. He could push Randy Thomas for the RG spot, and then move to center in a season or two, with Rabach moving out to guard, and then Rinehart taking over at RG.

I think if we stay at 13 we are going to choose someone who will start immediately. This means that it could be either OT, DE, or LBer. I think the rest of the positions are more or less set as far as starters go. I know we signed Wynn and Daniels, but neither is guaranteed to make the final 53 man roster. That being said, I think at 13 we either get Andre Smith, Michael Oher, or Ray Mauluga.

Trying to pick anybody past 4 or 5 in the first round is just a crapshoot. When that trading up and down begins it changes everything. Sure Kiper or you or even me can tell you who the Saints will probably draft or who the Redskins will probably draft, IF IF IF they have that player available when its their turn. But it never seems to work out that way.

Lets say the top 8 teams all need different positions so you project all 8 teams to take the top rated guy at each position. But suddenly Seattle gets a great offer from a team and gets a 1st round pick at #18, plus next years #1 pick and a 2nd round pick, so Seattle says, "YEA" we like that deal.

Then Seattle no longer drafts that wide receiver, because they just dropped about 15 slots. Now the new team in their slot picks a defensive end like Orakpo, and now Cleveland can't pick him, so they pick Andre Smith, who the Redskins can't pick, and so on and on and on. ONE simple trade can throw Kiper's top 20 picks "all to hell".

Alll we can really do is talk about ranking the players in the first round and who MIGHT be available. Of course there are guys who will DEFINITELY be available in the latter half of the first round and the 2nd round, so some of those picks are actually easier to asses.

Then again, the 2nd round gets splintered also because teams do stupid things like the Redskins did last year. You have an ALL PRO tight end, so what do you do with your 2nd round pick? Naturally you draft another tight end.

Good luck on your predicting, guys. (and gals)

I'd be happy with Oher and Sidberry in this draft but I think linebacker is becoming more of a concern, Maybin scares me because most people say he's only a LB in a 3-4. Brian Cushing is a name that's gotten a lot of press lately. But whatever we do we must find a OT, DE who can pass rush and a LB to compete with HB Blades

Does it matter? Just college kids filling roster spots. Not a huge fan of drafting. Never know what you'll get. Ever. At least with free agents you have a good idea of the players worth in the NFL. Free agents you have 1st round busts and 7th round busts and then you have 1 and 7th rd stars. You just never know. Look at Alex Smith. 1st rd 1st pick, Bust! Grossman 1st rd bust, then you have guys in later rounds making probowls and hall of fame. I'll take free agents any day. Sorry.

Snyder is that you?

We're not going to trade our pick. I'm almost positive we will keep all our five picks and take Andre Smith in the first round becuase that is how Snyder works, big name big talent, risky bevahior (see Hall, D. and Haynesworth, A.) If it were a perfect world, we'd trade down to the Bears at 18, and take someone like Maybin/English/Ayers and a 2nd rounder we'd take Jamon Meredith our of South Carolina, and keep our other picks for 3. Tyrone McKenzie/Marcus Freeman 5. Henry Melton Texas or Kyle Moore USC 7. Devin Moore Wyoming and our compensatory pick get some random dude who has serious upside Will Davis out of Illinois who fell a lot after only 3.5 sacks his SR year (had 10.5 as a JR).

Good post ST. This year's Draft Crap Shoot is crappier than usual. The Skins will have their pick of Moreno, ASmith, Mongo-Looga, Cushing and possibly Oher at 13. Which one of these "studs" would you like to see in B & G? I pick the kid from New Jersey! Skins have spent billions on Defense ... time to buy a few bullets.

we're not going to trade our pick. I'm almost positive we will keep all our five picks and take andre smith in the first round becuase that is how snyder works, big name big talent, risky bevahior (see hall, d. And haynesworth, a.) if it were a perfect world, we'd trade down to the bears at 18, and take someone like maybin/english/ayers and a 2nd rounder we'd take jamon meredith our of south carolina, and keep our other picks for 3. Tyrone mckenzie/marcus freeman 5. Henry melton texas or kyle moore usc 7. Devin moore wyoming and our compensatory pick get some random dude who has serious upside will davis out of illinois who fell a lot after only 3.5 sacks his sr year (had 10.5 as a jr).

+1

I work off the theory that if someone wants something bad enough they'll pay what you ask. So you got to make sure not to ask for to much.

Of course, so it sounds like you are guessing that a team will want to be at 13th bad enough from 20 or lower that they will give up a high 2nd rounder, too. Maybe.

Archived