Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP: TE Todd Yoder re-signs w/ Redskins

posse87

A clear upgrade over Fauria - I saw Yoder involved in a lot of running plays last year - he seemed like a sturdy blocker and that's basically what we'd use him for with Cooley drawing the bulk of receiving work - although that was one helluva TD catch he made for Jason against the Bucs!

He seems like the kinda guy who realized his job was on the line and played as hard as he could and did fairly well.

With a full offseason to get further acclimated to the Saunders system, I hope he further develops as a blocker and receiver too just in case Cooley misses any time.

sweet, gotta love a guy named Yoder! Plus he caught Campbell's first td pass. I'm not surprised it is a 3 year deal, he earned it, and it's not like he couldn't be released easily anyways.

Didnt Cooley catch Campbell's first pass in sort of a roll out play to the right, and then towards the end of the Tampa game, Yoder caught it in the back middle of the endzone.

The title of this thread throws me off. It it were "yoder re-signs", it would be great. But I read it as resigns...like he has left the league.

I agree, I read it the same way at first. I thought they were both spelled the same, so I checked... they are not spelled the same:

If you were to sign something again, you re-sign.

If you turn in your resignation, you resign.

They are in fact spelled differently.

The title needs to be changed if you please.

I agree, I read it the same way at first. I thought they were both spelled the same, so I checked... they are not spelled the same:

If you were to sign something again, you re-sign.

If you turn in your resignation, you resign.

They are in fact spelled differently.

The title needs to be changed if you please.

YES! Im not an idiot!

(apparently there are more brain cells left to kill...)

:cheers:

The title of this thread throws me off. It it were "yoder re-signs", it would be great. But I read it as resigns...like he has left the league.

I agree I was expecting to hear griping about the FO and such... change the subject man you about gave me a heart attack that we let Yoder Go

Yoder sucks. He's a bench warmer, why didn't they bring back Christian Fauria. Yoder will only be used for running plays goal line situations, Fauria is better then Yoder in those situations. I don't get it. Practice squad Yoder

Yoder sucks. He's a bench warmer' date=' why didn't they bring back Christian Fauria. Yoder will only be used for running plays goal line situations, Fauria is better then Yoder in those situations. I don't get it. Practice squad Yoder[/quote']

At this point in Fauria's career, him and Yoder are basically the same player. They are both blocking tight ends while Yoder is 7 years younger. Also at Fauria's age he is an injury risk. I think it was an easy choice between the two.

Yoder sucks. He's a bench warmer' date=' why didn't they bring back Christian Fauria. Yoder will only be used for running plays goal line situations, Fauria is better then Yoder in those situations. I don't get it. Practice squad Yoder[/quote']

I think we'll be fine with Yoder, like the article said, he came on pretty good at the end of the season. As a matter of fact, I think he did better then Fauria, what the hell has Fauria ever done for the Skins?

Archived