Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP: TE Todd Yoder re-signs w/ Redskins

posse87

Yoder sucks. He's a bench warmer' date=' why didn't they bring back Christian Fauria. Yoder will only be used for running plays goal line situations, Fauria is better then Yoder in those situations. I don't get it. Practice squad Yoder[/quote']

Not everyone is going to be a name. On the field, Yoder played at the same level or above Fauria. No brainer.

At this point in Fauria's career, him and Yoder are basically the same player. They are both blocking tight ends while Yoder is 7 years younger. Also at Fauria's age he is an injury risk. I think it was an easy choice between the two.

Thank you.....

What are you guys talking about. You saw Yoder catch two balls and your ready to name him the next hall of famer. Fauria was with the Pats and he did get injured during the season. I haven't seen anything yet which raises yoder stock to a robert royal level. Fauria was let loose probably because of his injury but I doubt Yoder is the answer.

What are you guys talking about. You saw Yoder catch two balls and your ready to name him the next hall of famer. Fauria was with the Pats and he did get injured during the season. I haven't seen anything yet which raises yoder stock to a robert royal level. Fauria was let loose probably because of his injury but I doubt Yoder is the answer.

You doubt that a serviceable pass-catching TE who is a very effective blocker is "the answer" at backup TE??

I would think a Todd Yoder is exactly what we're looking for as Cooley's backup. We can disagree though...keep holding out for a star.

Yoder sucks. He's a bench warmer' date=' why didn't they bring back Christian Fauria. Yoder will only be used for running plays goal line situations, Fauria is better then Yoder in those situations. I don't get it. Practice squad Yoder[/quote']

Fauria was a bigger disappointment than biting into a coconut chocolate.

Yoder made a great play on that touchdown pass. Fauria never did anything. I don't see your logic.

You doubt that a serviceable pass-catching TE who is a very effective blocker is "the answer" at backup TE??

I would think a Todd Yoder is exactly what we're looking for as Cooley's backup. We can disagree though...keep holding out for a star.

You can talk all you want. THis team is run first and until I see a better replacement for the loss of Robert Royal I hope they get someone in the draft. I know yoder will be on the practice squad by the beginning of the season. YODER IS NOT THE ANSWER.

Fauria was with the Pats

want me to give him a cookie?

Yoder will only be used for running plays goal line situations
THis team is run first

lets see...he will be used for running and we are run first. i see the problem. he will use him for what we do. big problem there...

and so he isnt robert royal part II. do you want us to go sign a big name FA to eat up cap space that we need for our defense?

want me to give him a cookie?

lets see...he will be used for running and we are run first. i see the problem. he will use him for what we do. big problem there...

and so he isnt robert royal part II. do you want us to go sign a big name FA to eat up cap space that we need for our defense?

NO idiot, your placing a guy who's been on at least five teams up on a Pedestal

like he made a difference. The redskins will look for a TE in the draft or bring someone else.

Im not saying that he is a star or he is the long term answer. Fauria certainly wasnt. And Yoder is here and he performs how we expect him to. Plus, we know who he is. We know how he performs, unlike a lower level draft pick. If we get one, fine, but that shouldnt be the priority. Defense needs more attention.

Re-signing him was a good thing. He will never be a #1 on this team, but for what we are paying him, he fits the bill.

And, for your information, saying someone does his job is not equal to putting him on a pedestal. :doh:

You can talk all you want. THis team is run first and until I see a better replacement for the loss of Robert Royal I hope they get someone in the draft. I know yoder will be on the practice squad by the beginning of the season. YODER IS NOT THE ANSWER.

Thanks for the permission, I will talk all I want.

The Redskins now have a very good pass-catching TE (Cooley) and a good blocking TE (Yoder). There isn't a problem.

No one is expecting him to be the best player in the NFL, just a good blocking TE. If you're so sure he'll be on the practice squad in a few months, why rip the guy for 10 posts in this thread? Why do you care so much if he won't impact the team you like?

']Yoder says: Playing football I will

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

You're not serious, are you? Fauria could barely stay on the field and when he was on the field, he had little to no impact. He caught 2 passes for 17 yards.

Thanks for the permission, I will talk all I want.

The Redskins now have a very good pass-catching TE (Cooley) and a good blocking TE (Yoder). There isn't a problem.

No one is expecting him to be the best player in the NFL, just a good blocking TE. If you're so sure he'll be on the practice squad in a few months, why rip the guy for 10 posts in this thread? Why do you care so much if he won't impact the team you like?

Why am I posting so much? because your braking my balls over this. What do you want me to do just sit by and just let someone rip on a comment I said about King Yoder. Check your priorities, why do you have such a hard-on for him?

Why am I posting so much? because your braking my balls over this. What do you want me to do just sit by and just let someone rip on a comment I said about King Yoder. Check your priorities' date=' why do you have such a hard-on for him?[/quote']

Read the posts ace, I don't have much of one for him at all. He's a BACKUP TE.

He'll be out there to block some and occassionally catch a pass and is probably making peanuts...no worries man!

If the Skins were hoping to start Yoder and lean on him offensively, then maybe you'd have a point, but with our current set of TEs we played smashmouth football for the last 6 or 7 games without Portis and ran the ball as well as anyone in the league.

Its funny because it really does sound like someone forgot how seriously pwned Fauria was by Strahan. I mean c'mon you want Strahan to do that but this time knock JC out for a few games? I know I don't

You know that Yoder is a 7 year vet, and is long way from being eligible for the practice squad, right?

Also, no one is likely to help us immediately from the draft, because most TEs coming out of college need to learn to block on this level.

Personally, I think we all should be happy that the team has signed a veteran TE who played on our team last year to a medium sized deal that is probably pretty cheap. Is he any good? Well, I hope the fact that he was on the team all year that the team has a good idea of what he can do.

Jason

Fauria = bust

Yoder = Robert Royal? good, cause we should have re-signed Royal

Why am I posting so much? because your braking my balls over this. What do you want me to do just sit by and just let someone rip on a comment I said about King Yoder. Check your priorities' date=' why do you have such a hard-on for him?[/quote']

So thinking it is a good signing means people think he is the greatest TE ever? I think not. He is a solid player that was with them team last season and fills the open slot we had for a backup TE, and most people, myself included, like the signing. You don't. OK, that's fair enough. So what did Yoder ever do to you to make to hate him so much?

Archived