Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who will be the Skins #2 WR, Patten or Jacobs?

cscmtp

Not in my mind its not. I think its quite possible Jacobs starts the season as #2. Patten is solid, but he's also new to the offense. I believe Gibbs sees something in Jacobs, and if he looks great in camp and the pre-season, he could well get the nod.

I'm guessing its:

1. Moss

2. Jacobs

3. Patten

4. Thrash

5. Mccants

I'm not putting Gardner in the mix, because I don't think he'll be a Redskin on opening day.

that's not true Crazy Horse.

Teams have made the playoffs with a lot less than the Redskins have in Portis as the feature back, Cooley as a receiving TE/HB and a very solid, veteran offensive line.

The receivers here with downfield ability should be a good complement to what is most likely still going to be a ground oriented attack.

I love all the critics that think that because we took Carlos Rogers instead of Mike Williams the Redskins aren't going to make the Super Bowl in 2005 :laugh:

Mike Williams was NEVER going to be the reason the Redskins or any team made or did not make the playoffs this coming year as a rookie :D

Originally posted by Tarhog

Not in my mind its not. I think its quite possible Jacobs starts the season as #2. Patten is solid, but he's also new to the offense. I believe Gibbs sees something in Jacobs, and if he looks great in camp and the pre-season, he could well get the nod.

I'm guessing its:

1. Moss

2. Jacobs

3. Patten

4. Thrash

5. Mccants

I'm not putting Gardner in the mix, because I don't think he'll be a Redskin on opening day.

I think this is going to be the order, too.

Everyone's saying that Jacobs is the goods, and he's young, so I can see him as the number 2 guy - provided his pancreas doesn't explode. Gardner is not going to be a Redskin this year - Gibbs was sounding definite about him not attending camp, and subsequently, not mentioning him when speaking about the receiver corps.

Originally posted by bubba9497

1. Moss

2. Jacobs

3. Patten

4. Mccants

5. Thrash (Special teams ace)

Agreed. I don't think Thrash will get as much playing time on offense this year (barring injuries). That's not a reflection on his abilities as a WR, but more so, on his abilities on special teams.

I think we will see a lot more of Patten at the beginning of the year than by the end. I have a feeling that Jacobs will really blossom this season and I just hope that he is willing to put forth the effort to establish himself as a legit wide receiver in this league.

jacobs will start at #3 and be groomed into the #2 spot either this season or the following. Patten was brought in here because he can play, but also because he can lead, set a good example, and teach. He will probably be our #2 on opening day, how long that lasts depends on how jacobs performs.

Originally posted by Spaceman Spiff

I'm not hating on Jacobs...but what has he done to warrant such lofty standards in the eyes of you guys? I mean, I think he's alright, but I feel like he has a ways to go before making #2. The other guys on the team have proven themselves a bit more than he has...

it's what he's done in practice and off season in the eye's of the coaching staff. If Gibbs didn't have faith in Jacobs ability, we would have added another FA WR or drafted Williams or traded up for Edwards. Gibbs has given Jacobs more pulic praise than just about any other player.

it's what he's done in practice and off season in the eye's of the coaching staff. If Gibbs didn't have faith in Jacobs ability, we would have added another FA WR or drafted Williams or traded up for Edwards. Gibbs has given Jacobs more pulic praise than just about any other player.

Yeah, well, thats cute and sweet, I'm warm and fuzzy inside now.

Lets hope this ability and these wonderful practices turns into production this season.

I'm hanging with bubba on this one.

And in case you other guys forgot Jacobs was a first round pick who has been hampered by injuries.He's all healed up now and ready to fly.

I have to be honest, the guy I have some real questions about is Moss. I really don't think he is a legitimate No. 1. And he is injury prone. Then again, the same things I said about Jacobs can be said about him.

I think our true No.1 whined his way out of town this year. And if, for no other reason than that, I hope Santana has a MONSTER year and the whiner has the WORST year of his career. I really try not to have ill feelings for players if they leave through free agency. But in his case, in the famous words of Klinger: May the fleas of a thousand camels infest his armpits and groin!

That being said, back to the love.

Hail :logo:

I guess you could rank them in order of talent but I somehow don't reall see Gibbs doing that. I think all 5 guys he keeps on the roster will see action in packages designed for their combined skill set. He will interchange them as needed to get the skills on the field he needs for the particular situation the team is in or to take advantage of a specific match up he wants to exploit.

Moss and Patten seem to fit into the Clark/Sanders mold real well. Speed guys who will go get the ball and stretch the defense.

McCants is the big guy who is a threat over the mid, down the seam and in the red zone. Maybe a great hot read receiver because of his size and hands.

Thrash may be the guy with the best all around skills. He seems to fit the Art Monk mold best of the group we have, at least in my mind. He is good possession receiver and probably the best blocker of this bunch. He may also be the most selfless member of this group, caring more about team success than personal success or glory.

Jacobs is still a bit of a wild card and unknown to me. He preformance on Special Teams last year points to a toughness I would not have thought he had after what we saw of him early on with the Skins. It also points to a willingness to do whatever it takes to get on the field as well as being more concerned about the team than himself. Now we need to have a larger body of work on offense to see what he is made of there. Will he be as spectacular on offense as he was on ST last year? That is the question.

I don't think Gibbs needs a #1 or cares about having one. He just wants guys who can do what he needs done in each and every package he wants to employ on game day. If he could do that with just 3 guys I'm sure he would but I think he is also more than willing to use 5 to make it happen as well.

its the 3rd season for Jacobs, and that is usually the make or break year for WR's. I hope Jacobs has a good season, he has the potential to step up even above Moss as everyone said. Patten adds a solid #2/3 guy, someone wh can catch and has a lot of post-season experience.

Originally posted by Spaceman Spiff

Yeah, well, thats cute and sweet, I'm warm and fuzzy inside now.

Lets hope this ability and these wonderful practices turns into production this season.

the power of positive thinking :rolleyes:

every year there are players who blossom after given a chance to start. You have to be given game time to prove your worth in game experience... so bemoaning "what has he done" is really pointless unless he has been giving a full oppurtunity.

He only had "X" number catches argument is flawed. He didn't play on offense in every game, in fact he rarely got on the field as a wr and even fewer passes his direction.

1. Moss

2. Jacobs

3. Patten

4. McCants

5. Thrash (Special teams ace)

That's the order I think the WR's will end up in....I guess great minds think alike!

I think people are going to be suprised how well our WR's will get open and will be able to pick up yds after the catch...

We aquired two Wr's that avg'd over 18ypc last yr in Patten and Moss, we have Jacobs that all reports show is set for a breakout season if he stays healthy and we have Darkarian who has rededicated himself to football will see the field more this season...All this doom and gloom about our WR's is hilarious to me!

Originally posted by cscmtp

Is it a given that Patten is #2 and Jacobs #3 at this point? How has either looked so far? I'm in the middle of a dynasty football draft, and of course need to take another Redskin. :notworthy

[*]Moss

[*]Patten (thru 5th week) Jacobs from then on

[*]Patten starting week 6

[*]Thrash

[*]McCants (except in Red Zone then he's #3)

[/list=1]

Like my list shows I think Patten will start year #2 but give way to Jacobs Patten and Moss are both Burners, I think you need a combination of Speed and Possesion at 1 and 2:cheers:

Archived