Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who will be the Skins #2 WR, Patten or Jacobs?

cscmtp

Originally posted by Mickalino

We didnt draft a WR, but we signed TWO FA receivers. How does that show confidence in Jacobs ? If anything, it shows a LACK of confidence in him.

not when you're losing 2 starters to begin with in Coles & Gardner. ;)

Originally posted by bubba9497

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

sure how many pro-bowls and playoff wins does feeley have again? He didn't even start on his own college team :doh:

3 1000 yard receivers? :yikes: who???

Chambers, yes.... Boston is never gonna be a top wr again, and is one "whizzinator" away for a year long ban.

Boston and Marty Booker have already had 1,000 yard seasons and Chambers is the most capable of doing it now. He already would have a couple if he didn't have Jay "F'in" Fiedler throwin to him.

Originally posted by Spaceman Spiff

Seriously. A Dolphins fan talking trash has a lot of nerve.

I didn't know God didn't wear rings:whoknows:

Dolphins=winningest franchise in NFL history. ONE losing season in the past 17 years. While we had an off year, your team has off years.

Originally posted by MarinoEqualsGod

Boston and Marty Booker have already had 1,000 yard seasons and Chambers is the most capable of doing it now. He already would have a couple if he didn't have Jay "F'in" Fiedler throwin to him.

key word "had"... Boston has been injured ending his season early 3 straight years.... and again 1 strike away from a year suspension.

Booker's last 1000 season 2002, and his numbers have steadily gotten worse each year since.

with Freely as starting qb.... you'll be lucky if 1 wr gets 1000 yards.

key word "had"... Boston has been injured ending his season early 3 straight years.... and again 1 strike away from a year suspension.

Booker's last 1000 season 2002, and his numbers have steadily gotten worse each year since.

Boston's still only 26 years old, and it's kind of hard for Marty to get 1,000 yards when you have the likes of Jim Miller and Shane Mathews throwing you the ball. It's a miracle he even had one 1,000 yard year in Chicago.

Dolphins=winningest franchise in NFL history. ONE losing season in the past 17 years. While we had an off year, your team has off years.

That's all spectacular, really.

But when all is said and done, our current coach has led us to 4 Super Bowls (winning 3). We smoked your team in the SB more recently than you beat us (that is the last claim to fame you guys have is that undefeated season in the 70s isn't it?).

Seriously bro, you've had no offense in Miami for years...Ricky might come back, but all his smoking and yoga have caused him to weigh about 185 now.

I wouldn't be too optimistic this year...

:point2sky

Boston's still only 26 years old, and it's kind of hard for Marty to get 1,000 yards when you have the likes of Jim Miller and Shane Mathews throwing you the ball. It's a miracle he even had one 1,000 yard year in Chicago.

Originally posted by TD_washingtonredskins

That's all spectacular, really.

But when all is said and done, our current coach has led us to 4 Super Bowls (winning 3).

:point2sky

Thanks for the support :cheers:

It's just too bad that Joe Gibbs doesn't have a time machine. He was once a great coach...about 15 years ago, but sadly the game has passed him by. You can definately tell that he's losing it at his age, especially after he traded up to draft a qb when he already has a young player with potential and a monumental bust that he already wasted tons of money on at the same position.

Patten is average, Jacob has great potential. It should be Jacobs. He plays great at minicamps, training camps, and pre-season. Now it's time to give him the opportunity in the regular season.

It should be (my opinion):

Moss

Jacobs

McCants

Patten

Thrash

Thanks for the support :cheers:

It's just too bad that Joe Gibbs doesn't have a time machine. He was once a great coach...about 15 years ago, but sadly the game has passed him by. You can definately tell that he's losing it at his age, especially after he traded up to draft a qb when he already has a young player with potential and a monumental bust that he already wasted tons of money on at the same position.

You're right, that personnel move really proves that he's lost it as a coach. Good argument.

:rolleyes:

Your franchise signed him to be, even though they have a young QB with great potential sitting on the bench. Although Ramsey is your starter now, that still doesn't change the fact that the 'Skins wasted a ton of money on a garbage QB.

I think Marino is still a little bitter about the 62-7 shelacking that our friend Brunell gave the Phins in '99....remember that, Marino? I do....that was quite an entertaining game to watch.

Originally posted by jrockster77

I think Marino is still a little bitter about the 62-7 shelacking that our friend Brunell gave the Phins in '99....remember that, Marino? I do....that was quite an entertaining game to watch.

How could I forget that? It's hard to win a game when no one can tackle anyone on the other team. And you're not going to win many games when the defense allows 62 points. If i have to tell you that, you shouldn't even be a football fan.

Yeah, Boston is 26 years old but his body is like that of a 60 year old after all the junk he's put into it. He was a real hot commodity on the free-agent market this offseason, huh! Wow, the Dolphins had to fight off 31 other teams to re-sign him. Oh, wait....no GM or team president in their right mind would sign David Boston....except for the Dolphins', I guess...

Dude, I live in South Florida, and any knowledgable fans (my landlord) know that the Phins are going to suck @ss this year. They are just hoping for an improvement from last season. And its hard for a Dolphins fan to criticize another teams QB moves when they traded a 2nd rounder for a 3RD STRING QUARTERBACK.

How could I forget that? It's hard to win a game when no one can tackle anyone on the other team. And you're not going to win many games when the defense allows 62 points. If i have to tell you that, you shouldn't even be a football fan.

????

Dude...the point was was that Brunell was the one who lit the Dolphins up and you were criticizing....wait, why am I explaining this to you? Are you a little slow or something?

Yeah, Boston is 26 years old but his body is like that of a 60 year old after all the junk he's put into it. He was a real hot commodity on the free-agent market this offseason, huh! Wow, the Dolphins had to fight off 31 other teams to re-sign him. Oh, wait....no GM or team president in their right mind would sign David Boston....except for the Dolphins', I guess...

Dude, I live in South Florida, and any knowledgable fans (my landlord) know that the Phins are going to suck @ss this year. They are just hoping for an improvement from last season. And its hard for a Dolphins fan to criticize another teams QB moves when they traded a 2nd rounder for a 3RD STRING QUARTERBACK.

AJ Feeley was not a third stringer. He was Donovan's backup. Heck, Philly fans wanted him to replace McNabb when he was struggling a few years ago. He showed that he could be a decent QB if he has a decent line, which with the addition of Hudson Houck as the O-Line coach, Miami's line will be MUCH improved from last year.

????

Dude...the point was was that Brunell was the one who lit the Dolphins up and you were criticizing....wait, why am I explaining this to you? Are you a little slow or something?

I'm not arguing that Brunell WAS a good qb...heck, he made the pro bowl in JAX...but can't you see how big a bust he's been in D.C. Like Gibbs, Brunell is not what he once was.

Oh and FYI, Jay Fiedler lit us up in that same game after he came in in relief of Brunell. If Fiedler can light up a team, then anyone can.

Originally posted by zoony

A.J. Feeley was not a 3rd string QB?

Really?

Are you sure about that? hmmmm?

That's right...He WAS third on the depth chart, but was treated as the number 2 QB. He had to be listed third because Ty Detmer was the Eagles' holder and once the third string QB enters the game, the 2nd stringer can't come back in, hence Detmer wouldn't be able to hold for PAT's or FG's.

AJ Feeley was not a third stringer.

Care to rethink that statement? Dolphins traded the number 34 pick overall for a 3rd string QB. Way to go, Miami!

http://philadelphia.about.com/b/a/066901.htm

Feeley rapidly became a fan favorite in Philadelphia not only because of his boyish good looks and charm but also because he became the hero of the Eagles 2002 season when he stepped in for injured quarterbacks Donovan McNabb and Koy Detmer to go 4-1 in the Eagles final five games.

http://www.philly.com/mld/philly/sports/football/8009908.htm

Feeley, 26, went from a little-known third-string quarterback to a fan favorite two years ago when he filled in for the injured Donovan McNabb and Koy Detmer and led the Eagles to a 4-1 record in their final five regular-season games.

That's right...He WAS third on the depth chart, but was treated as the number 2 QB. He had to be listed third because Ty Detmer was the Eagles' holder and once the third string QB enters the game, the 2nd stringer can't come back in, hence Detmer wouldn't be able to hold for PAT's or FG's.

:rotflmao:

Dude, and you're criticizing ME for not understanding football? If that's really what you think, then you are out of your mind!.

AJ Feeley was not a third stringer. He was Donovan's backup. Heck, Philly fans wanted him to replace McNabb when he was struggling a few years ago. He showed that he could be a decent QB if he has a decent line, which with the addition of Hudson Houck as the O-Line coach, Miami's line will be MUCH improved from last year.

:nono: he didn't play until Koy Detmier got hurt.

Gibbs isn't the same :rolleyes: yeah okay I bet the Skins finish well above the fish in '05

and what exactly has Saban proved in the NFL? everything you've boasted, has had a "could, should, if, maybe.".... hardly facts.... more empty bravado.

the Dolphins have questions at qb, wr, ol, cb, lb, and an overall aging defense. Your star rookie rb was a backup at Auburn... and potential doesn't mean squat until you produce.

Archived