Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who will be the Skins #2 WR, Patten or Jacobs?

cscmtp

Originally posted by MarinoEqualsGod

It doesn't matter because your offense is pathetic all-around. BTW...great move signing Brunell last year. How's that workin out for ya?

You registered on this site back on April 15th and it took you over a month to come up with a post like that? They must love you over at FinHeaven. :rolleyes:

I would welcome you to the site but I'll assume your time here will be short.

Originally posted by Southtown

You registered on this site back on April 15th and it took you over a month to come up with a post like that? They must love you over at FinHeaven. :rolleyes:

I would welcome you to the site but I'll assume your time here will be short.

I signed up for the Bang cartoons, and just thought i'd take a look at your message board today...not Finheaven quality, but still ok.

Originally posted by goskins

Hmmm....I bet you wish Marino was back in a uni, even now.

How's it goin' with Ricky "munchies" Williams and David "my muscles are too big for my frame" Boston?

I don't think you want to talk too much about sucking O's either my friend.

Dude our offense is going to have so many weapons, we won't know what to do with them all. 3 recievers who are capable of 1,000 yards, and now with Ricky coming back, two running backs who could both be in the pro bowl in any given year. Not to mention an all-pro at TE. The X-factor will be AJ Feeley, and with the offense he's got around him, it'll be impossible for him to fail.

Dude our offense is going to have so many weapons, we won't know what to do with them all. 3 recievers who are capable of 1,000 yards, and now with Ricky coming back, two running backs who could both be in the pro bowl in any given year. Not to mention an all-pro at TE. The X-factor will be AJ Feeley, and with the offense he's got around him, it'll be impossible for him to fail.

You have some depth at WR, but Feeley hasn't proven jack.

Who knows how Saban will be in the NFL.

Could he be the Next Steve Spurrier?

Plus, you have a rookie RB that hasn't been proven.

Nice try--say what you will about our O, but your O is nothing but a ???? at best right now.

Originally posted by zoony

Brunell is our starter?

:doh:

I give up. Good luck this season. You'll need it.

Your franchise signed him to be, even though they have a young QB with great potential sitting on the bench. Although Ramsey is your starter now, that still doesn't change the fact that the 'Skins wasted a ton of money on a garbage QB.

It doesn't matter because your offense is pathetic all-around. BTW...great move signing Brunell last year. How's that workin out for ya?

Mmmm Marino equals God !!! But he sure wasn't LORD of the RINGS !!!!!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :D

By the way what team picked second this year ????

To actually answer the question on the thread title.

I really think that Jacobs may win the spot.....either that or it will be #2 by commitee (Jacobs, Patten, McCants, Thrash) depending on formation and play call.

I am really looking forward to seeing Portis, Cooley and Royal play a big part of our passing O as well.

that's the funiest thing I've heard all day . . . you give my other Dolphins friends a bad name

Originally posted by Tarhog

Not in my mind its not. I think its quite possible Jacobs starts the season as #2. Patten is solid, but he's also new to the offense. I believe Gibbs sees something in Jacobs, and if he looks great in camp and the pre-season, he could well get the nod.

I'm guessing its:

1. Moss

2. Jacobs

3. Patten

4. Thrash

5. Mccants

I'm not putting Gardner in the mix, because I don't think he'll be a Redskin on opening day.

Hold the Phone! Does everyone forget that two years ago McCants was tied with Coles for the most touchdowns on the team ( a tie for 6) McCants is leaps and bounds better then Jacobs and should be the number two reciever, maybe the number three reciever AT LEAST, this man is wayyy underrated and is going to do big things if we use him. If we get rid of him, it will be a bad bad thing, he is the Trent Greene of our Wide Recievers and will make big difference come the season.

Originally posted by Neophyte

I guess you could rank them in order of talent but I somehow don't reall see Gibbs doing that. I think all 5 guys he keeps on the roster will see action in packages designed for their combined skill set. He will interchange them as needed to get the skills on the field he needs for the particular situation the team is in or to take advantage of a specific match up he wants to exploit.

Moss and Patten seem to fit into the Clark/Sanders mold real well. Speed guys who will go get the ball and stretch the defense.

McCants is the big guy who is a threat over the mid, down the seam and in the red zone. Maybe a great hot read receiver because of his size and hands.

Thrash may be the guy with the best all around skills. He seems to fit the Art Monk mold best of the group we have, at least in my mind. He is good possession receiver and probably the best blocker of this bunch. He may also be the most selfless member of this group, caring more about team success than personal success or glory.

Jacobs is still a bit of a wild card and unknown to me. He preformance on Special Teams last year points to a toughness I would not have thought he had after what we saw of him early on with the Skins. It also points to a willingness to do whatever it takes to get on the field as well as being more concerned about the team than himself. Now we need to have a larger body of work on offense to see what he is made of there. Will he be as spectacular on offense as he was on ST last year? That is the question.

I don't think Gibbs needs a #1 or cares about having one. He just wants guys who can do what he needs done in each and every package he wants to employ on game day. If he could do that with just 3 guys I'm sure he would but I think he is also more than willing to use 5 to make it happen as well.

Great post! Intelligently thought out and from my point of view, accurate. I think too much effort is spent on trying to figure out who should be #1 etc. Each receiver has strengths and Gibbs, as a good coach should, will use those to our advantage.

better than Ricky Wiliams & Davidd "roids" Boston did for you last season :laugh:

what was your teams record again?

oh yeah :ciao:

Thrash may be the guy with the best all around skills. He seems to fit the Art Monk mold best of the group we have, at least in my mind. He is good possession receiver and probably the best blocker of this bunch. He may also be the most selfless member of this group, caring more about team success than personal success or glory.

I disagree, I think he's in fact the LEAST talented guy in our WR group.

Besides his blocking, what makes him a good all around WR?

He doesn't get open that often anymore, and he is not much of a deep threat.

I'll take a stab at the original question. Jacobs has to win out over a vet. A good one at that. If anything, just competing with Patten and the others will help him out. Though In a Joe Gibbs offense, I'm hesitant to rank the recievers 1,2, and 3, ( think Posse at its best).

Hey...given a choice between Feeley and Brunell, any knowledgeable football fan would take AJ.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

sure how many pro-bowls and playoff wins does feeley have again? He didn't even start on his own college team :doh:

3 1000 yard receivers? :yikes: who???

Chambers, yes.... Boston is never gonna be a top wr again, and is one "whizzinator" away for a year long ban.

Originally posted by zoony

In terms of talent, though... I think right now...

Moss

Patten

Jacobs

Thrash

McCants

i think this is very very understandable but i think with Gibbs' comments that mccants will move up too 3 in the start of the season and jacobs will be number 3 at the end of the year i think that bc of his size that he should be number 2 but we will see wut Gibbs does.

Originally posted by bubba9497

it's what he's done in practice and off season in the eye's of the coaching staff. If Gibbs didn't have faith in Jacobs ability, we would have added another FA WR or drafted Williams or traded up for Edwards. Gibbs has given Jacobs more pulic praise than just about any other player.

We didnt draft a WR, but we signed TWO FA receivers. How does that show confidence in Jacobs ? If anything, it shows a LACK of confidence in him.

Archived