Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Calling Out All You Chicken Little's....

All of you that keep talking about how crappy the draft was, how we didn't improve our offense, how Gibbs is over the hill, etc. I say the Redskins will have a winning season! I propose a bet: The Redskins will have at least a 9-7 Record. If you bet me, and you win I'll have my icon changed to "<Name>'s B1tch" for one week! If you lose, you'll get your icon to state "Joe Gibb's B1tch". Also, if the Redskins make the playoffs then you'll make a donation of $5 to Extremeskins. So, I'm calling out all of you Chicken Little, the-sky-is-falling posters to either put up or shut up. ;)

I'm in... but on your side.

If we're less than 9-7 -- in other words, 8-8 or below -- then I'll wear the Chicken Little avatar that CrazyZeb so nicely put together along with the tagline "Chicken Little's B!tch."

Witnesseth: chickenlittle3.gif

Let's say... for 150 posts or one month, whichever is longer.

If not, it'll be Joe Gibbs' B!tch for the naysayers.

Why does everyone get upset when someone has a different opinion. This site was created for people who want to express there opinions good and bad. I won't take the bet cause I want to be wrong about them and how bad this off season is. I just see how some people can be so optimistic year after year. I've had enought of waiting and believing that we will be better year after year

Originally posted by GIBBS4PREZ

Why does everyone get upset when someone has a different opinion. This site was created for people who want to express there opinions good and bad. I won't take the bet cause I want to be wrong about them and how bad this off season is. I just see how some people can be so optimistic year after year. I've had enought of waiting and believing that we will be better year after year

My friend, there is NOTHING wrong with a difference in opinion. I think the point here is to put a little skin in the game. If you really think we're gonna suck it up next year, why, you should be willing to do such a small bet as a little avatar and tagline change.

I'm on the flip side. I'm so confident that we'll best 9-7 that I'm willing to do this.

What if I don't like the draft, but think we'll be 9-7? I mean seriously, if somebody actually makes this bet with you, then I'd have to question whether or not they're a true 'Skins fan. They could have a bad draft (in one's opinion) and still go 9-7, 10-6, 15-1. I'm not sold on the draft anyways. Seems like 50% of 1st rounders are busts. However, I just wish we had gambled differently, that's all.

How can we be optimistic every year? It's called being a fan; believing in Joe Gibbs and the team. :cheers:

Why does everyone get upset when someone has a different opinion.

I don't think that's his point. The point is that people are about to jump off the Legion Bridge because we didn't draft a WR who has been out of the game for well over a year and was even passed over by his former OC. There are also some who take umbrage with the fact that Coach Gibbs is evidently is planning for life post-Ramsey.

It's one thing to disagree and list reasons why, but there are a bunch of bomb-throwers out there, also, backing up their comments with nothing.

Nick

Hey want to point out the thinking the draft (and rest of the offseason) absolutely sucked and thinking the Redskins will have a winning season are not mutually exclusive.

I for one believe the Redskins Defense and improved offensive line play will get them a winning record and maybe even into the playoffs. I also believe the draft was a disaster, making it harder to be successful in the future.

I think we had a bad draft. Doesnt mean I want to bet against my Skins though. Just because I dont agree with our draft moves doesnt make me any less of a fan. I'll still be finding ways to defend and root for my team.

That said, that chicken little avatar is HILARIOUS!

:dallasuck :point2sky

Maybe its a personal bias to the o-line but good o-line play makes everything else work better. On offense, nothing else matters if you don't improve the line. Our line play improves so much this year that even mediocre play from our QB/WR corps will look good and running back, which looked good last year, is scary good. The defense may be even more effective than last year as our offense will run more plays.

Originally posted by TheDane

My friend, there is NOTHING wrong with a difference in opinion. I think the point here is to put a little skin in the game. If you really think we're gonna suck it up next year, why, you should be willing to do such a small bet as a little avatar and tagline change.

I'm on the flip side. I'm so confident that we'll best 9-7 that I'm willing to do this.

Because I WANT to be wrong. Why would I bet against my favorite team? If all I did was say "The Redskins are great....Joe Gibbs is great" no matter what, why would I ever care about any moves they made since, by definition, they wouldn't matter? But because I'm a realist and pragmatist, I look at every move and base my opinion on the actual move, not whoever made it. If I think it was good (Carlos Rodgers), I'll say so. If I think it stinks (Jason Campbell), I'll say it. Why is that so hard for you "Pollyanna's" to understand. I'll still contend I'm a better fan than you, because my passion runs deeper. Anyone can be a kool-aid drinking pro Redskin automaton. It takes a real love to actually care enough to look at something realistically. Doesn't make me right, in terms of judging the moves, but it also doesn't make me a bad guy.

The sky isn't falling. It already fell. I'm just wanting the FO to pick up the pieces. Where my faith wavers is in the FO (Gibbs, Vinnie and most importantly Synder) going in the same direction for 2 or 3 straight years. You say this is happening. I don't agree. I'll believe it when I see it. I feel this offseason is a different direction than last season, so even Gibbs is flopping around. It's scary, since I actually care about winning.

So go ahead and call me another type of chicken. It won't help the Skins win any games. Of course, my complaining won't ether, but at least I'll feel better. :)

And I already do. :point2sky :cheers::D :logo: :cool:

I'm in. I say the Skins go 8-8 or worse. I don't call myself a chicken little, I call myself a realist.

Points of order: We don't have the ability to change our avatars. We don't have the ability to change the tagline in our signatures. I think staff-approval would be required.

I say we up it to 300 post or 1 month, whatever is longer. I want to see that chicken little sig hanging around you guys until the draft.

As mentioned to you, this isn't about a difference of opinion. This is about taking the site back from the mindless bashers who don't know the topic well enough to discuss it. Having a difference of opinion is fantastic, but ONLY if that opinion isn't founded on several false assertions.

I'd rather clean house here and run off thousands of the morons to other sites than to let them poison the level of conversation here any longer. Here, we expect people to have a clue and not build entire thoughts on bad information.

Mostly I believe there are a few dozen Eagle fans in Redskin fan clothing. And, if you can't tell the difference in the manner of post, you really shouldn't post if you actually ARE a Redskin fan.

Originally posted by Art

As mentioned to you, this isn't about a difference of opinion. This is about taking the site back from the mindless bashers who don't know the topic well enough to discuss it. Having a difference of opinion is fantastic, but ONLY if that opinion isn't founded on several false assertions.

I'd rather clean house here and run off thousands of the morons to other sites than to let them poison the level of conversation here any longer. Here, we expect people to have a clue and not build entire thoughts on bad information.

Mostly I believe there are a few dozen Eagle fans in Redskin fan clothing. And, if you can't tell the difference in the manner of post, you really shouldn't post if you actually ARE a Redskin fan.

:cheers: needed to be said.

Originally posted by Art

Why don't you read the other post. The only morons poisoning the level of conversation are the ones who can't handle opposing opinions or have opinions that differ from the homers. That's what you really mean isn't it? If your not a homer and don't agree with everything Gibbs and company do, get off the site. I guess your an Eagles fan if you disagree and think this wasn't a good off-season. I guess you ARE not a Redskins fan if you think we won't improve our record this year.

Art I normally agree with your post and for the most part enjoy them, but you are way off base here.

I kind of feel like the posts that really hurt the threads are more from the people who refuse to accept negativity, and call out the posters who exhibit it.

I bet there are more meaningless posts on this site that are personal attacks on people who are negative, than posts from people who are negative inserting meaningless posts about us sucking, Gibbs being a crackhead, etc...

Archived