Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Some Madden & NCAA 2006 information will be available tomorrow..

RAC

Sure the cover boy is not LaVar? He's already had to go back under the knife. :doh:

I don't think it's Brady. He doesn't seem like the type that would want it, and it's the type of thing that kind of goes against the "Patriots way". He would probably insist that the enitre Pats team be put on the cover. :laugh:

Originally posted by forbeskin

What console are the screenshots coming from?

Good question. We haven't received them yet so I can't be for certain until tomorrow. I'll make sure to note that when they are posted.

Originally posted by red21skins

For some reason, i can see "Big-Ben" on the cover

I second that.

Brady I think would be too obvious of a choice, they dont want a choke artist (McNabb), Vick was already on, and Manning I think is liscensed with that one XBox football series - the name isn't coming to me right now.

Originally posted by QBkilla56

Well there is no competition anymore so Tiburon can jerk off for the next 10 years or so until the contract ends.

There is competition just not "NFL" competition. Other football games will be out, such as the Blitz playmakers game with "real" off the field story lines and stuff. And im sure there will be people who make downloadable rosters for those games with real NFL people, jsut like you can do with NCAA. So if madden sucks, im sure they will lose sales, so i doubt they will sit back and dick around.

Madden

-Vision Passing. No longer will you your friends be able to drop back 40 yards and throw to a reciever the QB isn't even looking at. The QB's head will swivel, with a cone of vision representing which way he is looking, and it will affect accuracy.

You control it with the L2 and R2 buttons. Of course, the premier pocket passers, like Peyton Manning, will have bigger cones, and vice versa.

-Improved graphics and animation

-XBL and PS2 online, game due sometime in August.

NCAA

-Become A Legend mode. You are a HS grad, competing with other kids for scholarships to the schools of your choice. You will go through Madden like mini-camp drills to woo the scouts. This mode also features a familiar NFL 2K5 like bonus, with a Dorm Room where you can buy new TV's, couches and the like. If you do well enough, you can import yourself into Madden 2006 and become a high draft choice.

Originally posted by Mufumonk

Madden

-Vision Passing. No longer will you your friends be able to drop back 40 yards and throw to a reciever the QB isn't even looking at. The QB's head will swivel, with a cone of vision representing which way he is looking, and it will affect accuracy.

You control it with the L2 and R2 buttons. Of course, the premier pocket passers, like Peyton Manning, will have bigger cones, and vice versa.

-Improved graphics and animation

-XBL and PS2 online, game due sometime in August.

NCAA

-Become A Legend mode. You are a HS grad, competing with other kids for scholarships to the schools of your choice. You will go through Madden like mini-camp drills to woo the scouts. This mode also features a familiar NFL 2K5 like bonus, with a Dorm Room where you can buy new TV's, couches and the like. If you do well enough, you can import yourself into Madden 2006 and become a high draft choice.

That sounds so awsome, particularly the NCAA legend feature... WOW.

Originally posted by Mufumonk

Madden

I'm really interested in seeing this feature in action. If they implement it right, it could go a long way in making the game more realistic.

I can't wait for more info on this game. Hopefully they will have even more new features.

they really need a Hall of Fame in madden, with current members and 'virtual members'. They have the greatest players section in the PC version, which I like, but its not really based on stats, but rather on games played for some. Ty Law is the only DB after 12 season in my game, but Smoot retired for me with more INT's and Sacks, but he had 300 less tackles and less games played. Jansen and Thomas retired for me both with 500+ pancakes, but they didnt get in cause they didnt have 250 games. And QB's, anyone over 20,000+ yards gets in or something, cause Brunell got in :doh:

The new features do sound awesome though, I like offseason stuff just as much as gameplay, and thought madden 05 made great strides with offseason. They do need to edit the create-a-stadium. Also, PLEASE release NCAA for the PC, I like having real player draft classes, and not these made up guys.

Archived