Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Some Madden & NCAA 2006 information will be available tomorrow..

RAC

those shots are always from the computer verizon, on replay.

It'll look awesome, no doubt.

Last night in 2005. My Safety who plays with Taylor, some guy named Simmons. Had 2 INT's, 1 for a TD, also 3 sacks....and a few tackles for losses. The OL just refused to block any extra blitzers.

Originally posted by TODD

From what I read on the vision passing, that sounds like it could be really hard to control on Xbox unless they use the L and R triggers for that instead of receivers...

You will use the right analog joystick to control the vision passing.

The only bad thing abotu this info is.....its only april, so long until i can play....the game looks good so far.

I think if they work on the oline blocking with that vision passing the O-fence could be great this year. IT might take some getting used to but i think that feature will be pretty awesome and cut down on some of the vick abusers out (hopefully)

That headtracking feature should be cool. It's supposed to keep the defensive backs honest. If they're in man coverage they won't just zoom to the ball on a run play or if it's thrown to a different receiver.

The receivers are also supposed to be more aggresive at getting to the ball with more prevalent jump animations.

Originally posted by dfitzo53

That headtracking feature should be cool. It's supposed to keep the defensive backs honest. If they're in man coverage they won't just zoom to the ball on a run play or if it's thrown to a different receiver.

The receivers are also supposed to be more aggresive at getting to the ball with more prevalent jump animations.

That sounds cool.

What I have always hated about any Football game is how the DB seem to know exactly when the ball is thrown and who it's thrown to, and then you have 5DB's on top of the receiver.

Not realistic at all.

Originally posted by skinzfan4life

Also code, the other thin M2005 had that was a pain was damn super LB's. I hope they fix that, it was a PITA when a WR had 5 yards on a slow backer and the backer made a super jump to swat the ball down.

I agree...

Originally posted by RAC

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up that we'll be releasing some tidbits and a couple of screens for Madden & NCAA 2006 tomorrow night at 8 PM eastern over at www.MaddenNation.com . I know we have a lot of Madden fans here at the site, so I thought I'd let you know. :)

This might sound funny, but I actually found about ExtremeSkins.com through MaddenNation when Madden 2005 first came out. I was browsing through the NFL chat section and somebody (probably you) talked about this site. :laugh:

The headtracking addition is awesome. Even if the AI was EXACTLY the same, at least it wouldn't look as bad as previous Maddens where they'd have their back completely turned and just jump up and pick the ball out of the sky.

Hopefully, the AI will also be modified, though, so it isn't just five defensive backs all turning their head at the exact same time. :laugh:

But yeah, I also hope they fix the blocking. In the end, the "stats" as in yard per carry and all that come out semi-realistic, but when you're actually playing, it's very frustrating to see an offensive tackle let his man go by with no contact just so he can run downfield and block a safety 15 yards away.

Originally posted by Heidenreich

Looks like they have the Realism of the Packers Secondary down pat!

:laugh: Good one :cool:

For Xbox, the right analog stick for the "Vision Passing" still troubles me. I don't see how it's going to be smooth moving your stick and then going back to throw with the same thumb. Could get frustrating...

Originally posted by TODD

:laugh: Good one :cool:

For Xbox, the right analog stick for the "Vision Passing" still troubles me. I don't see how it's going to be smooth moving your stick and then going back to throw with the same thumb. Could get frustrating...

I think it's an awsome idea, but like you, I'm not sure how it's going to work out.

The passing game is what was the most unrealistic IMO, and making it more difficult isn't the right answer. I would have preferred if they had you tap the receiver button lightly if the qb wasn't looking at him or something similar, but I'm not sure about working the right thumbstick and then having to hit a button quickly, we'll see.

Originally posted by project myu

This might sound funny, but I actually found about ExtremeSkins.com through MaddenNation when Madden 2005 first came out. I was browsing through the NFL chat section and somebody (probably you) talked about this site. :laugh:

I try and mention Extremskins as much as possible over there. The staff here has been cool about letting me post links to Madden info and articles we have so it's the least I can do. I always link Bang's cartoons and Crazy Zeb's videos and stuff like that for people to check out over there.

A lot of MN's members stop by Extremeskins because it's not only quality Redskins talk, but good football talk period. If there's a piece of news out there this is one of the places it will hit first. I have noticed a few Extremeskins members over at Madden Nation but the Cowboys/Redskins ratio over there still isn't what it needs to be.. we have 3 Dallas members on our staff.. blech!

:dallasuck

Originally posted by RAC

Also, I did get to play with the game for a couple of hours and test out this passing mechanism, so if anyone has any questions I'll do my best to answer them.

I think I remember reading something on Madden Nation about being able to control the height of the pass and not just the power, so you could throw bullets low or high for example, or intentionally lob it up high to a receiver with a height advantage. Am I remembering right?

There's more pics of Madden on http://www.gamespot.com and http://www.ign.com

There's pictures of college football on ign as well.

I was just thinking, how does the "Vision passing" work in a two player game. In the pics, you can see the "line of sight", but if that's there in a 2 player game, wouldn't your opponent know where you're looking to throw?

Originally posted by Heidenreich

I was just thinking, how does the "Vision passing" work in a two player game. In the pics, you can see the "line of sight", but if that's there in a 2 player game, wouldn't your opponent know where you're looking to throw? [/b]

I would think this is more like real football, the defense does watch where the QB is looking, this will be exactly the same.

But just because you are looking left, does that mean you are going for the 10 yard hook, or the 30 yard bomb? I imagine you can have multiple wr's in your vision.

But you'll also be able to look off WR's and try to get the 2nd player to bite.

I like this just for the fact it will stop cheesers from using Vick, dropping back 20 yards and chucking it for long completions.

Archived