Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Some Madden & NCAA 2006 information will be available tomorrow..

RAC

Originally posted by Heidenreich

I was just thinking, how does the "Vision passing" work in a two player game. In the pics, you can see the "line of sight", but if that's there in a 2 player game, wouldn't your opponent know where you're looking to throw?

In one of the posts at MaddenNation, they mentioned something about how it would be like "looking off a safety" in real life.

Originally posted by Heidenreich

I was just thinking, how does the "Vision passing" work in a two player game. In the pics, you can see the "line of sight", but if that's there in a 2 player game, wouldn't your opponent know where you're looking to throw?

Read the articles about it in MaddenNation and it explains fairly in-depth.

These I think are all good upgrades to the game, but I really hope they pick a quality soundtrack this year.

Besides Green Day's "American Idiot" and Chevelle's "Clincher", I wasn't too impressed. Did they say anything about improving the create-a-stadium feature?

Originally posted by PSUHeckler

These I think are all good upgrades to the game, but I really hope they pick a quality soundtrack this year.

Besides Green Day's "American Idiot" and Chevelle's "Clincher", I wasn't too impressed. Did they say anything about improving the create-a-stadium feature?

With only 15 or so songs having a playlist at all is almost stupid. Whether they're good or not you'll hear them until you're sick of them. I always just turn the music off and use my computer's playlist.

Originally posted by dfitzo53

With only 15 or so songs having a playlist at all is almost stupid. Whether they're good or not you'll hear them until you're sick of them. I always just turn the music off and use my computer's playlist.

All I know is, Madden 2004 had some great songs several months before they made it to MTV/radio and became popular.

Blink 182 - Just Feelin' It (I think.. I don't really like it but it was popular)

Good Charlotte - the Anthem

Yellowcard - Way Away

Plus all the hip-hop songs (I'm not really a fan of the genre).

A whole buttload of people are Yellowcard fans now, but I can say I was one of the first thanks to Madden 2004. :D

The music is 2ndary, you can always turn it off and turn your own on, if the game is good, the music doesnt matter.

I think this is a great addition, you can play like a "real" QB, look right throw left.

Itll be interesting to see how big, or small PR's cone will be.

and again, RAC...thanks and tell them to fix the o line.

hahah

Great info!

I think I remember reading something on Madden Nation about being able to control the height of the pass and not just the power, so you could throw bullets low or high for example, or intentionally lob it up high to a receiver with a height advantage. Am I remembering right?

That's correct. This new mechanic also triggers some animations that were in the engine last year, but were never seen. The WRs will stretch their bodies to get those kind of passes.. it's pretty cool stuff.

Does that work for all games? I heard it was only for a select few games.

Right now it's only available for some, but for the next gen XBOX system it will be a universal feature.

Originally posted by project myu

In one of the posts at MaddenNation, they mentioned something about how it would be like "looking off a safety" in real life.

That's correct. You can confuse an opponent by looking off a WR before passing. This also works against computer controlled defenders who have lower awareness. Also, when you play the computer it will also look off wrs when you are a playing a top tier QB, whereas poor to average QBs are more likely to telegraph their passes.

Originally posted by Bufford

you know what kills me? when I nail a QB as he's throwing and the WR usually adjusts, and dives for it. Its supposed to be a deep pass...and I nail the guy, the WR knows I hit him and can change direct 180 without slowing down.

That and when he is in half throw but still can throw a 15 yard button hook for a first down on 3rd and 10, that is a good one too.

But as much as i complaing its the best game out there, or it was IMo and ill be at the door ASAP the day it comes out.

I already told my girlfriend she might lose me for about a month once it comes out. I think i feel the cold starting already hahah.:laugh:

I think the cover boy will be a QB this year because the new feature on Madden this year is the QB Field of Vision. Usually the cover boy has something to do with the new feature(04 Vick and PLAYMAKER, 05 Ray Lewis and HIT STICK).

I think it will end up being Brady.

Question: one of the irritations that I have with Madden is that I play in All-Madden mode, five minute quarters - for a more realistic stat line - and it seems like no matter how good one of your WRs is in All-Madden, the DBs are always much, much smarter.

For instance: DBs will often turn and go back to a ball thrown behind a receiver to try and make a pick. But I have never - NEVER had a WR do that. They run their route, or sometimes don't, but they never work back to a ball or jump for one that's underthrown... You know, the kind of thing that Steve Smith and Javon Walker are famous for.

I've seen the computer's WRs do this, but never mine.

BD

Originally posted by BD

Question: one of the irritations that I have with Madden is that I play in All-Madden mode, five minute quarters - for a more realistic stat line - and it seems like no matter how good one of your WRs is in All-Madden, the DBs are always much, much smarter.

For instance: DBs will often turn and go back to a ball thrown behind a receiver to try and make a pick. But I have never - NEVER had a WR do that. They run their route, or sometimes don't, but they never work back to a ball or jump for one that's underthrown... You know, the kind of thing that Steve Smith and Javon Walker are famous for.

BD

Yeah, it's pretty widely recognized that rather than actually write good AI, EA chose to boost the computer's stats on each difficulty level. It's frustrating, but the easiest thing to do is just learn to manually control your wide receivers and defensive backs.

I'm not saying writing good AI is easy, but I would appreciate it if EA spent less time on crap like Create-A-Fan and more time making blockers and receivers halfway intelligent.

I think the cover boy will be a QB this year because the new feature on Madden this year is the QB Field of Vision. Usually the cover boy has something to do with the new feature(04 Vick and PLAYMAKER, 05 Ray Lewis and HIT STICK).

I think it will end up being Brady.

Peyton broke the records my bet its gonna be him.

Originally posted by BD

BD

On All Madden against the CPU, the entire team gets sort of an "invisible ratings boost." EA cranks up the AI for the CPU on that level for people who are extremely good at the game. A lot of people play their franchises on All Pro and then crank up some of the sliders in order to make the CPU a tough opponent, but still be able to have a realistic experience.

As someone mentioned it is always beneficial to manually control your WR when the ball is in the air. If you are running a streak for instance, you can usually underthrow the WR and slow him down a little to make a leaping manual catch. It takes some practice, but many of us Madden die hards swear by manual control.

With regards to Madden 2006, there has been some tweaking that should help this issue. As part of the precision part of the passing mechanic, you'll be able to throw pinpoint passes to spots where DBs can't reach. Your WRs will now perform "aggressive catch animations" where they will go and get those passes that are precisely placed where only they can catch the ball.

Here are a couple of screens to give you an idea of what this may look like.. I apologize in advance for the Dallas shots heh.

12.jpg

madden06ps23.jpg

madden-06-20050413035410712.jpg

Looks like last years focus was on defense. Seems like this year the defense will be at the same level (hopefully) while the offense will get some new features to balance the game.

Balance is key, the last two maddens have lacked balance. With Vick on the cover it was all about offense, pretty boring after a while for me. But last year was amazing, it was so fun playing human oponents and shutting them down with your D. I have always done pretty well on D but last years design helped tremendously.

Now my question, what are the new franchise features?

I know it's early, but I'm disappointed in the screen shots. I really, really wanted to see some better looking fans because the ones they've been using for the last 5 years are really dull and make the stadiums look dull.

They players this year look a bit thinner and more proportional, which is a good thing.

Originally posted by project myu

A whole buttload of people are Yellowcard fans now, but I can say I was one of the first thanks to Madden 2004. :D

don't want to be a musical elitist or whatever, considering i don't even listen to that genre of music, but they've been around since like 2000 or 2001... if you like them i'd reccomend buying 'October Nights' off their first EP off iTunes or something similar to that coughdownloadingitcough

Archived