Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Lavar - I hope you read this...

Dirk Diggler

Originally posted by JoeSkinsfaninNJ

If Lavar read this, he would whine to the press that the fans don't support him. Somebody please send him a hallmark card, make sure the baby bottle is just the right temperature, and when you tuck him in, make sure it's not too cold in the room. Lavar needs everyone's support. It's obvious that the coaching staff saying he's important and Snyder's money just isn't enough.

If Lavar read this he would chuckle, loudly. He would show Gibbs, and Gibbs would chuckle...loudly. Then he'd continue to chuckle when he goes to the bank to take out money for that new $5000 watch he's buying for himself.

Dirk...get a grip. You are in dire need of some reality pills. It's a business - big business. Players are so much cattle. They know it. Football will chew them up and spit them out in a heartbeat...and injuries are the prime avenue in this disposable little drama. this is a minor episode. if you want to preach values....how about some posts for the former players who can't walk more than 3 paces...or have died from roids abuse.......anything better than some closet fascist desire to silence a player who speaks out in frustration.....

Wow, are you a whiney *****.

Lavar is frustrated over another surgery. He wants to be on the field helping this team and feels left out.

I think you and your source need to chill out. This board is full of pathetic whiners but this takes the cake. LMAO

Talk about whining. No one puts a gun to any of these guys heads. They know the risks yet they play the game anyway. That's part of why it's so easy to root for these men because they are modern day gladiators.

And it's WELL DOCUMENTED that I almost always fall on the side of the players when it comes down to it for the very reasons you express. It's a business for sure and these guys are cattle for sure. Players like Smoot and Pierce were in a situation where they could have one big payday the REST OF THEIR LIVES and it was last month. I don't begrudge them a cent that they received and I truly, truly wish them the best.

Lavar has received not one but 2 monster paydays and he might be the highest paid defensive player in the league since 2000. So I'm not shedding any tears for him. Especially since he's been STEALING according to the returns we've gotten.

Yet you want him to have carte blanche. A free reign. He can say anything he wants just because it's a free country and he's Lavar. You all need to get a grip. Cause you sound like the kind of enabler who I'm sure he's been surrounded by since he was playing Pee Wee football. And people like you are the reason he's gotten so out of control. You're certainly entitled to your very liberal opinion but I'm not sure many will agree that it's Aok for any player to throw Gibbs under the bus any time he so chooses because he may be on crutches 20 years from now.

How much is enough? If Lavar pooped on your welcome mat, you'd probably say that he's just frustrated. Please, someone tell me where the line is because if LA didn't cross it yesterday, I don't think he ever will.

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler

How much is enough? If Lavar pooped on your welcome mat, you'd probably say that he's just frustrated. Please, someone tell me where the line is because if LA didn't cross it yesterday, I don't think he ever will.

:laugh:

You should refer to my post yesterday evening in jb's thread.

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=98524&perpage=40&display=&pagenumber=1

• 5 months later...

Wow Dirk.....was pretty gutsy for you to post this about the guy too many around here referred to as "Mr. Redskin" for so long :rolleyes:

I know the term "bust" often refers to a player who is drafted high and never winds up performing. Granted, its hard to call a player who's been to 3 Pro Bowls a bust, but given the amount of dough we've invested in this guy and what we've actually received (and spare me the hype about the hit that ended Aikman's career and the INT that helped win ONE game, not a whole season), and if what looks like is going to happen in fact does, it might just apply in this case.

I wanted to give you the benefit of the doubt. I wanted to believe YOU for so long. That the reason you weren't the second coming is because of the coaches or your teammates or your health. That all you needed was a few seasons with the great Greg Williams and we could finally see the true beast unleashed. All you needed was a little more time.

But it's not going to happen. It's never going to happen. And it's not because of Snyder or Gibbs or because of your knee. It's because of you, Lavar. Because you have no heart. Because you have no soul. Because you're only about the bling and about selling his jerseys and about appearing on TV. It's about everything but football. And that's not how it's supposed to be.

Wrong. It will happen. You can't keep a guy like him on the bench forever. Gregg said he was improving, and he had a good team attitude. He'll work his way back to the starting job, and when he gets there, he will be better than he ever has been.

Dirk...get a grip. You are in dire need of some reality pills. It's a business - big business. Players are so much cattle. They know it. Football will chew them up and spit them out in a heartbeat...and injuries are the prime avenue in this disposable little drama. this is a minor episode. if you want to preach values....how about some posts for the former players who can't walk more than 3 paces...or have died from roids abuse.......anything better than some closet fascist desire to silence a player who speaks out in frustration.....

How about stfu? :mad:

4) I know a girl who is dating a very prominent college teammate of yours and she warned me about you back in October. She told me that you are just a time bomb and that you were only about the parties and the chicks and the fame at Penn State. She said that any time they lost, you were the first to point the finger at everyone but yourself. She said that you still have not changed one bit and that she'd feel very confident in saying that you'll never be anything but a poison pill. She said that Paterno was popping champagne when you left early because he you were the antithesis of the kind of Nittany Lion player he wanted.

***I didn't post it on ES because I didn't want to believe it.***

Pretty sure you posted this already....if not you, someone did.

How about stfu? :mad:

Wow, here you go telling someone to shut up again. Fortunately, you didn't add 'idiot' to it and I never saw an apology as was requested by Art. Did you get banned temporarily?

Do you actually add to debate on this board anymore? Or just hurl insults and tell people to shut up, get bent or the like?

And second---fansince62, how the hell did we end up on the same side here? :laugh:

The smartest thing Snyder did was to bring Joe Gibbs back.

He knows the fundamentals. He knows you build a team. He knows how to build a team. Big egos don't fit in the scheme. You either break 'em or you cut or teade 'em. The one is never the better of the sum of all players. That is fundamental team sport philosophy, and it is therefore fundamental football. It is, by definition, fundamental Gibbs.

If one tenth of what you wrote Dirk is true, then all these Lavar posts are nothing more than Fanboi commentary. Ill take a Doug Williams over a Jeff George. Ill take a D. Green over a "Neon" Sanders. And Ill take a Holdman over an Arrington.

Snyder killed this team. All he did was take the big names and pay them big money like a child in a toy store. And then he expected someone else to make them into a real team. No wonder we've seriously sucked for 12 years.

Nearly every year Gibbs was coach we were in it. We were to be reckoned with. We were a pleasure to watch, for the most part. And with who? Green, yes. Schroeder, sure. Thiesman, you bet. The Deisel, yup. Williams, of course. Rypien, yep. Byner, the epitome of humility and production. Not to mention the coaching staff.

But really. And seriously. Were we as fans ever placing a player over the team? Yeah, Schroeder and Williams, we had a divide, but that was minor. This whole "put Lavar in you moron coach" is just one big repetitive "duh" on this board, mostly from people who do not remember the team as it was 20 years ago. Putting Lavat over the coaches is not the Redskin way. It is a vestige of the Snyder era, which, thank God, is over.

The smartest thing Snyder did was to bring Joe Gibbs back.

He knows the fundamentals. He knows you build a team. He knows how to build a team. Big egos don't fit in the scheme. You either break 'em or you cut or teade'em.

Yeah, Chicago got a lot better when they traded Michael Jordan.

And once they dealt Jerry Rice, the Niners were world beaters.

I wasn't aware that merely drafting a player and paying him well was what killed this franchise. IF anything it was the choice in coaches and instability there that hurt the team.

Blaming Snyder for everything is a joke.

Snyder killed this team. All he did was take the big names and pay them big money like a child in a toy store. And then he expected someone else to make them into a real team. No wonder we've seriously sucked for 12 years.

You realise that Snyder took ownership of the team on July 14,1999, right? And in realising that that's seven years, you realise that their were problems prior to Snyder for your twelve year statement to hold.

Yes, I agree Skinsforlife260.

You were about to say something about how the big names of Jerry Rice and Michael Jordan made champions of the Raiders and Wizards, Ghost of Nibbs McPimpin.

Foolish--they were old and the overall team and organization wasn't as good as the one they left. I was obviously referring to them in their prime.

Oh, the Raiders did get to that Super Bowl thing with Rice as a starting WR.

Just admit you overstated your point and that there are several counterexamples to it. It's a joke to say you can't win with big egos. Do you really think Joe doesn't have an ego? Have you seen a Gregg Williams interview? :laugh:

You realise that Snyder took ownership of the team on July 14,1999, right? And in realising that that's seven years, you realise that their were problems prior to Snyder for your twelve year statement to hold.

Yes, I realize that I played pin the blame on the donkey. He is not to blame for everything. I also realize that he his a much better team owner than he was 4 years ago.

But for a number of years there he was the epitome of the meddling owner.

With due apologies to Snyder, I am not going to back away from my main thesis, which is that big names don't make a team.

Foolish--they were old and the overall team and organization wasn't as good as the one they left. I was obviously referring to them in their prime.

No you were not.

Yeah, Chicago got a lot better when they traded Michael Jordan.

And once they dealt Jerry Rice, the Niners were world beaters.

You were referring to them in thier twilight.

But yeah, you're right, Jerry Rice did some very nice numbers for Oakland after he left San Fran. I am wrong on that point.

You get big points for this one, Dirk. You called it when everyone else was thinking he was coming back strong.

I don't care what happens with Arrington. I'm tired of the drama with him. His rep has far exceeded his production with the team. He's getting paid a fortune, but he's crying on the radio about how he doesn't know what he's done wrong to deserve this treatment?

Don't like it, Lavar? Sue to have your contract revoked. Give back the pro-rated bonus $ (yeah, the NFLPA will go for that). Ask to be released. Then go tease another team's fanbase with your big hits, big goofs, big talk, and big drama.

Or, stay here, be a man, keep your mouth shut, learn and stick to your assignments, and become the big-time player we all ache for you to be.

Just do something and quit the moping around and crying to the media. That act is old.

Archived