Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

MERGED x 3:Coach Gibbs to Connect With Fans Again!

skinsfan12

http://www.redskins.com/news/newsDetail.jsp?id=6157

Coach Gibbs to Connect With Fans Again!

March 14, 2005

Redskins fans will have another opportunity to ask questions and speak with head coach Joe Gibbs on Wednesday, March 16 on several radio stations iin the Washington, D.C., listening area.

Gibbs will visit four ClearChannel radio stations on Wednesday morning: WMZQ-FM (98.7), HOT 99.5, WBIG-FM (100.3) and SportsTalk 980. The schedule for his appearances on these shows is as follows:

WMZQ-FM: 7-7:20 a.m.

HOT 99.5: 7:30-7:50 a.m.

WBIG-FM: 8-8:20 a.m.

SportsTalk 980: 9:15 a.m. (with Tony Kornheiser)

In addition, on Wednesday evening from 7-8 p.m. ET, Gibbs will appear on another special edition of Redskins Radio on WJFK-FM (106.7). The show will be hosted by Redskins play-by-play announcer Larry Michael.

For the benefit of fans outside the WJFK listening area, a recording of the evening call-in session will be posted on Redskins.com shortly following the broadcast.

Fans should tune in to each show on Wednesday for guidance on calling into the program.

Gibbs' appearances are part of a continuing effort to directly interact with fans. On Feb. 15, he answered questions from fans on WJFK in a special edition of Redskins Radio with Larry Michael

Originally posted by Bufford

Tony K will be respectful.....and Andy will just sit there all quiet since Gibbs will be doing it from the park I'm sure.

or will he travel to each radio station?

This is called PR damage control

that schedule has to be phone in

I sense strategery..He's going to each station to connect with the different age groups. Hot 99.5-Younger fans. WMZQ-Older Country hillbillys. Sportstalk 980-Working Adult Sports fans. I don't know what the other format is but I'm going to assume its some music station that targets the jazzy/oldies/blues..etc.

And then WJFK..the 20-40 age group. Talk show station.

Originally posted by TheSteve

I sense strategery..He's going to each station to connect with the different age groups. Hot 99.5-Younger fans. WMZQ-Older Country hillbillys. Sportstalk 980-Working Adult Sports fans. I don't know what the other format is but I'm going to assume its some music station that targets the jazzy/oldies/blues..etc.

And then WJFK..the 20-40 age group. Talk show station.

How dare you sterotype us 98.7 listeners... what an outrage..

BTW just got a new motorcycle.. check it out :laugh:

Hillbilly%20motorcycle.jpg

Originally posted by RonJeremy

Surprised to read that 980 is on the list. Pollin is on the Kornheiser show....so Gibbs must just hate Czaban...:laugh:

980 is the only station powerful enough that I can hear it on the Eastern Shore. I will be listening...:cool:

Well TK is going to have him fill out a braket talk about nascar and his favorite coaches :laugh:

Archived